What do you want for Christmas/(insert other holiday here) this year?

It's pretty much been confirmed that I'll be getting a bunch of Doctor Who related items this year, specifically DVD sets and a few props. I wouldn't mind getting a bunch of things from steam, but that's how I had my debit card taken away from me.

I voluntarily gave it to my mother, so that I wouldn't be tempted to buy anything else.

Candice said:
For the Lord of the Rings boxset, I recommend getting the ones that look like this:
mmis1d54eWRy36WDfrUq4cA.jpg

They are some sort of Platinum Edition, but they are one of the nicest collections.
that's the exact set I have

Candice said:
My thoughts exactly. I should just go out and buy on.....but truth be told, I'm a little afraid of what he'll do.
Aren't you a little curious, though? Maybe if you buy one, he won't mind. It is your money, after all. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but you're not a cat.

OMG, I have the same DVD LotR set as Neptune. *fangirl shriek*. Anyways, yes I'm extremely curious. Maybe I can make it into a study. But, since he's so unpredictable, I'm not sure what he'll do. He may force me to sell it, take it away and never return it, or take away my iPad. Or maybe all three.

I'd like to have a Cat Mario plushie (once San-ei releases the plushies; San-ei has released Flying Squirrel Mario for New Super Mario Bros. U and Tanooki Mario to promote Super Mario 3D Land, so I think it's logical they will do the same for the centerpiece of 3D World). And if there are other Mario San-ei plushies, I'd like to have those, too. ;D

Let's see, I want:

Super Mario 3D World
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Mario Party: Island Tour
Money
Clothes
A friend
And last but not least, a new TV.

The gifts are not very important to me. What I am looking the most forward to is seeing my relatives (or at least most of them) and enjoy a good meal with them.

Well my parents just tell me how much presents in money I can get. They told me $200 this year so this is my plan.

Super Mario 3D World ($70)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds ($50)
Bravely Default ($50)
Mario Party 8 ($30)

Usually it was 2 or 3, but since it's ozgameshop it's a lot cheaper so I can get more. yay.

Price matching Big W got me Super Mario 3D World for $64 and Link Between Worlds for $48 so you may want to keep a watch on the local prices because *sometimes* they'll outdo OGS.

I tend to find OGS and Play Asia to be better with games that have been put a while because they're bargain bin prices are usually much better than local ones.

Candice said:
For the Lord of the Rings boxset, I recommend getting the ones that look like this:
mmis1d54eWRy36WDfrUq4cA.jpg

They are some sort of Platinum Edition, but they are one of the nicest collections.
ah yes, that collection is beautiful

the dvd cases look fantastic on both the outside and inside, and plus you get hours and hours of bonus content

they also come with like three different commentaries that i've never found time to watch

i did watch the peter jackson/fran walsh/philippa boyens one though, it was pretty funny and interesting

A number of you guys want a new TV. Huh, I'm happy with what I have, even though three TVs (only two actually broadcast things; the last one is mostly for gaming) is quite a few.

I won't probably get anything this Christmas, since I'll be away for vacation. And I don't have anything in my wish-list actually.

Well, just enjoy it, World10. That's the least you can do.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Well, just enjoy it, World10. That's the least you can do.
Yes, I'll do my best.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
A number of you guys want a new TV. Huh, I'm happy with what I have, even though three TVs (only two actually broadcast things; the last one is mostly for gaming) is quite a few.
I only want a new one so I can watch DVDs in bed.

Ema Skye said:
Price matching Big W got me Super Mario 3D World for $64 and Link Between Worlds for $48 so you may want to keep a watch on the local prices because *sometimes* they'll outdo OGS.

I tend to find OGS and Play Asia to be better with games that have been put a while because they're bargain bin prices are usually much better than local ones.

That's true, but I believe the closest Big W is in Ballarat and that's an hour and a half away. We don't go there very often either so I'll just get it on OGS and get a few player points with it. I'm pretty close to a $10 voucher. I got up to a $20 voucher at the beginning of this year and got SEGA All-Stars Racing for $30.

Hardcover Company script
Hardcover West Side Story (stage) script
West Side Story 50th Anniversary Edition Box Set
Workaholics "Top Gun" hat
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Shin Megami Tensei IV

:bowjr:

guliant i really dont think smtiv is such a good idea

its kinda meh compared to other games in the series

I want a Wii U (with Super Mario 3D World) or a 2DS/3DS, original GC controls (not the 3rd party ones, those suck and malfunction easily lol), a new headset (cause my brother broke mine) and money, basically.

I know for sure I'll get clothes but I don't have anything specific in mind. =P

And then like a month later, my birthday is around the corner (January 29th), so I'll just be happy with money. Not really sure what else I'd want, I'd have to see what I get for Christmas.

War Doctor said:
Aren't you a little curious, though? Maybe if you buy one, he won't mind. It is your money, after all. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but you're not a cat.

yep directly disobey the man who is letting you live in his house and also happens to be feeding you

he won't care; he'll be proud of you for rebelling against him and getting a mind of your own! just like in the movies!

• Super Mario 3D World
  • Pokémon X
  • Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa
  • DVD boxset of the Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End)

also probably some other stuff i'm forgetting

The Nutcrackin355 said:
Super Mario 3D World ($70)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds ($50)
Bravely Default ($50)
Mario Party 8 ($30)

well, these have been bought so this is more like a list of what I know I'm getting for christmas.

Back