Steven Universe

Lapis Lazuli said:
tumblr_nsdy3uh1kU1smn4pqo1_540.png
>we’re having so much fun on vacation we decided to keep lapis trapped underwater with jasper for at least another month

Probably had to make room for 3 more hours of Teen Titans Go added to the schedule

I'm sure that it'll be worth the wait. It looks like there are a ton of episodes ready, but they are probably holding off to prevent a longer break once those episodes end, or maybe CN is being difficult with them and moving them around for god knows what.

So, found this on tumblr, but something that probably most of us have overlooked. From Ocean Gem:

tumblr_inline_nota47fW471r8vii6_540.png

Do you see the sword? It was even in "Bubble Buddies"

tumblr_inline_nowsomS8bR1rrb9yw_540.jpg

Like omg, this show reallly commits to it's details. I just...I don't even think a single episode of SU is going to be considered "filler" by the time it's all said and done.

Lapis Lazuli said:
So, according to Ian Jones-Quartey (part of the SU crew), Steven and Pearl will fuse at some point later this season.

Yes. Yes! YES!
rainbow quartz 2.0

Bill Cipher said:
Say Uncle is secretly the most important episode.
You'll see!
So, real question: I'm marathoning the show (pretty dang good so far), and I'm almost up to Say Uncle and not really looking forward to it. Is it necessary, or can I skip over it?

Time Turner said:
Bill Cipher said:
You'll see!
So, real question: I'm marathoning the show (pretty dang good so far), and I'm almost up to Say Uncle and not really looking forward to it. Is it necessary, or can I skip over it?
It's a pretty funny episode. Apparently even the people who hated the idea of a crossover liked it.
But it isn't canon.

Time Turner said:
Bill Cipher said:
You'll see!

It's an episode that sounds terrible, but honestly, it's a great episode, as long as you go along with the jokes. Like, it basically makes fun of SU and UG and it has excellent puns and great jabs at the fandom. I mean, you can skip it, but I wouldn't avoid watching it.

i didn't think it was that great

if you like the humor you'll probably enjoy it but it felt much more like an uncle grandpa episode with steven cameoing in it

i wouldn't say i regret watching it but if you're already not wanting to watch it you probably won't like it

so my brother got me to watch this now.

i've gone through about the first 30 episodes or so.

it's good and all.

http://imgur.com/a/u5nsl

New episode names!!

Looking forward to Kiki's Pizza Service Delivery and Tiger Philanthropist.

Bonus points for Miyazaki ref.

But seriously, all these episode titles have me so hyped. Really hope they're authentic and not some fake leak.

So a guess a three-parter, and the final is "back to the moon", which makes me think that the new opening kind of has hinted at that, since When the four of them teleport you can see the Earth in the background, making me think that they were going to the moon somehow. It'll be interesting why they would be going to the moon; maybe because it'll involve Yellow Diamond or Peridot somehow.

But now it's making me wonder...why didn't pearl just bring the parts to the space ship to the moon and build it there, where the atmosphere wasn't going to be much of an issue for launching off? Or maybe there was something wrong with the warp pad to the Moon. Well, I shouldn't speculate about that since the title may not be as it seems.

And I think "Do you know your Fusion" is where Steven and Pearl fuse, and maybe a few other fusions with Steven.

"Alone at Sea" probably will involve Malachite, and I think that it'll be where Lars, Sadie, and Steven were alone.

From a few of them, like "Kindergarden Kid", it makes me think that a new Gem will be created, whether on accident or on purpose, and we'll get to see how that works out.

There's so much to speculate...I just want to watch them all!

Okay, so this hasn't been talked about since the last Stevenbomb, but...

Nightmare Hospital - I raised an eyebrow when Steven said "Gem Experiments", but I am disappointed that I didn't figure it out until it happened that it was hinting at what they were dealing with in the episode. It was so nice to see Connie finally tell her mom everything that has been happening, and how it kind of was a reality check for her. My heart broke when Connie and her mom hugged and she said "I love you mom" and then Steven looks down in sadness at his mother's sword, and hugs it instead.

Sadie's Song - Steven becomes the cutest Cinnamon Roll in this one at the end, but it's nice to get development on Sadie. I think that this is the first time we really focus on her, and it kind of makes sense why she always seem rather passive when it comes to doing things. I would hate to have a parent that lives through their child a bit when it comes to what they want to do, and basically feel like nothing is me.

Catch and Release - Peridot is so adorable in this episode, I just...can't. I literally was just in awe at how cute she was the entire time. She's like a curious puppy that is trying to act like the guard dog, and I just...I'm glad that we're going to see more of tiny Peridot now.

I've watched a few of the first episodes and I like the show.

I don't watch TV often at all, but I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of good shows right now.

short thoughts on the episodes

Nightmare Hospital - I love Connie and the episode was pretty spooky, so good overall. But unfortunately, since I have overbearing parents, it's just really hard to take the ending seriously. Obviously there's not much they can do, but it's just a very easy ending that would never happen.

Sadie's Song - I love Sadie but I didn't really get into this episode (partly because there's honestly not much Sadie in it). for whatever reason i felt the direction was a bit off but again, like last episode, having sadie and her mother convenient have a nice heart-to-heart just feels convenient and so this feels like a big repeat of last episode

Catch and Release - and finally we end with a fantastic episode! loved this one. i haven't been a huge fan of peridot but this episode made me like her a lot more, she's very adorable and it's nice to get some teasing of plot development. amethyst has some good lines in this episode too

there noticeably hasn't been much focus on the crystal gems but i guess that's because we had so much of them last stevenbomb so it's okay

yeah they didnt even appear until catch and release

Back