Steven Universe

Crossing my fingers hoping this will be the fusion of my two favorite gems.

I watched Chille Tid, I found it really intresting when Steven
was able to communicate with Lapis Lazuli in his dreams. I'm
really hoping to see her in a future episode. (By the way, Pearl's
dream made me laugh!)

EDIT: I wish this show could come on more but Cartoon
Network tries to cram Teen Titans Go! down my throat.
I find Steven Universe and The Amazing World of
Gumball
the only good shows on Cartoon Network.

Toy Bonnie said:
dream made me laugh!)

Gumball

I know the pain. It was bad enough that the new show basically spits on everything the old show was, but they show it constantly all day, and whenever they advertise it, they say "your new favorite show", and I'm sitting there like "do they not know what they're saying?"

Lapis Lazuli said:
Toy Bonnie said:
dream made me laugh!)

Gumball

I know the pain. It was bad enough that the new show basically spits on everything the old show was, but they show it constantly all day, and whenever they advertise it, they say "your new favorite show", and I'm sitting there like "do they not know what they're saying?"
What's even worse is that 5-7 year olds love that show
and they don't know how horrible that show is.

They made Robin a total jerk. (he's so sexist in the show)

i saw jail break (that's what it was called, right?) with my friends and i want to watch more but at the same time i have to finish my other shows

:|

So I watched the pilot earlier today. Then I read the comments on it, and saw a bunch of people fussing about Pearl's show appearance versus her pilot appearance. And apparently this is a thing? Like, people being annoyed at the redesign she got?

I'm aware this might just be personal bias because I saw the show before seeing the pilot, but I don't really get it. Pilot Pearl is... kind of ugly. Like, the color scheme mostly. She's got gray skin and her hair, due to being a vibrant shade of pink, sucks what little color there is right out of her face, making her look kind of... sickly. Compare this to Opal, who also has gray skin, but has a more neutral hair color and thus avoids that problem (so I assume they were aware of this).

Show Pearl's color scheme is much easier on the eyes, the more subdued pastel colors accentuating her look instead of detracting from it. On top of that, her design is cleaner, brighter, and more tidy, which fits the character a lot better.

Or at least that's how I see it.

People don't like change, but I'm definitely glad they refined her design: even when I was just casually browsing through art and didn't have a personal connection, I was always struck by how terrible Pearl's pilot design was. As well as the colour stuff, she looked like a dude with a lumpy garbage bag wrapped around his lower body, and like Rebecca Sugar says in her response there, she's not that unique-looking, whereas now, she's unmistakable as well as a lot cleaner in design (especially after they replaced the earlier sheer tutu and top with her newer totally-opaque outfit).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an episode when Steven
meets his mom in person. If Cartoon Network cancels this
show and leaves up with a cliffhanger, i'm switiching to
a different channel.

Toy Bonnie said:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an episode when Steven
meets his mom in person. If Cartoon Network cancels this
show and leaves up with a cliffhanger, i'm switiching to
a different channel.

I will be so upset if they did cancel/end the show before that happens. God, even the thought of that episode is making me feel.

There's so much unknown in the show, and so much to learn...this show is at least good for the rest of the season, but I doubt that would be enough to explain everything we want to know about the gems.

tbh, I'd be fine if he never meets her. I suppose there is a possibility that they'd be able to talk in some sorta mindscape setting, but it's been established that they can't co-exist and I'd kinda like if that absolute stayed absolute. Real kids don't get to meet their dead mothers, and I think it's more interesting to see him learn about who she was through stories, places, items, the occasional video, and lion. And to see how he's naturally just like her in a lot of ways, and how the relationships between him and her loved ones evolves.

Lapis Lazuli said:
It occurs to me that the fused Gem outlines kinda look like Pilot!Pearl, thanks to the pompadour hairdos.

Toy Bonnie said:
dream made me laugh!)

Gumball
This is my biggest beef with CN. Like they have really good cartoons in their resume and lineup, but for every great to amazing show, there are 2-3 meh to bleh shows. Like why can't CN make shows like SU ALL THE TIME? But no, they also make some of the most terrible cartoons at the same time like Toddler Titans (which that show is basically a HUGE insult to the original Teen Titians it's alkgjeiwteqwoitgjtqwoigoj).

But I guess SU is too deep for little kids or something. IDK I asked like 12 little kids if they like SU and they are like "no I hate it, I like so-and-so instead" which is usually Go.

Well, Steven Universe and Teen Titans Go! get about the same view amounts (TTG gets slightly higher as of lately, probably because they're on all the time, but SU spiked higher, and that was Mirror Gem and Ocean Gem), and TTG does have a bit more episodes than SU, so it should air about as much as TTG, slightly less, but no. They basically marathon TTG all day on CN and then maybe like an hour we see SU.

2257 said:
http://cartoonnetwork.tumblr.com/post/120134102657/just-lion-things

i think this is not actually from the show, so i'm posting it here for anyone who hasn't seen it

That's amazing!

Sapphire said:
But they are? Well idk who actually makes it, but they air it so that's just the same in my book.
Well that's like blaming Nintendo for the Superman game on Nintendo 64.

Haruichi Kominato said:
Guess who has joined gay space rocks hell?

Compared to the animes you watch, this is pretty hetero in comparison. :P

But just remember the SU motto: "Just when you think they couldn't make things gayer..."

Lapis Lazuli said:
Haruichi Kominato said:
Guess who has joined gay space rocks hell?

Compared to the animes you watch, this is pretty hetero in comparison. :P

But just remember the SU motto: "Just when you think they couldn't make things gayer..."
Idk it's pretty gay.
I watched about 20 episodes today which isn't too bad since I basically had a huge session making a start on this and watching prince of tennis at the same time (switching between the two was... interesting)

Been re-watching the series a bit; and there are a lot of things I've been noticing after all the updates and stuff. It's like the more you learn from the latest episodes, the more things from the past seem to piece together.

Together Breakfast - I noticed that when Steven Universe is sliding down the Crystal Heart arterie thingy, he passes a nice and pretty place, which makes me believe that this is where Rose's room lies within the Temple. Pearl commented about how the Crystal Heart leads to some of the most dangerous parts of the temple. Rose's room can be very dangerous when used without knowing the consequences, such as when it built an entire city that was more of a horrorland of glitched reality, and how everything can be taken too literal. It might explain why the gems didn't go after Steven when he entered the room since the room itself seems to be very big and open and endless, meaning that entering it from the Crystal Heart may lead to getting lost in the room. I dunno; it just seemed like it would be interesting.

I also notice that when Garnet was trying to bubble that one thing that she only dipped the bottom in the lava. It seemed that just burning the end released the smoke/gem from the inside, and that she was trying to bubble it while the smoke was coming out; maybe this was to condense the gem and return it back to it's core form. It didn't seem like Garnet was trying to destroy it, like she did with Steven's Cell phone. However, and this point is a bit dark, but Steven did force the smoke - now in the together breakfast - into the lava, which he forced until it was destroyed. I think he actually killed a Gem, and kind of adds to it to the fact that when the Gems all go to Steven, they are all melancholy, and the fact that the last line of the episode is Garnet saying "Well, it did try to kill us", as though trying to make up for the fact that they killed potentially one of their friends/allies.

Maximum Capacity - Obviously this one was a very cringe-worthy one, and make people have mixed emotions about Amythest, but I kind of understand it a bit better now (or at least I do; there are so many theories and analyzes on stuff, it's hard to say what even is right anymore). At first I was confused at who she was mad at, if she was mad at Greg, or Rose, or Steven, or even herself, but it kind of makes sense about a lot of things. She obviously doesn't like to think about the fact that her birth was something that the Crystal Gems saw bad, and a horrible thing, and talked down a lot about. She doesn't like herself and she hates when things are brought about her. But she did love Rose, and Rose was the one that decided to keep and help her so that she doesn't have to follow the norm that her other Earth gems had (Hence why Garnet said that we kept Amythest). Garnet, as shown in Reformed, obviously didn't see that Amythest didn't want to think about what she is, and rather relied on the advice of her teammates to be what they want her to be, instead of thinking for herself what is right, since she knows she is not right. Pearl, as shown in On the Run, did not understand the fact that Pearl's constant talk about terrible and how much of an omen the Kindergarden is, and probably made Amythest feel worse about who she was since it constantly reminded her that she was meant to be made that went against the ideologies that the Crystal Gems were fighting for. Basically Rose was the only one that understood her, and she loved Rose.

However, thanks to the appearance of Greg, that all changed. Rose began spending time with Greg, and Amythest obviously liked Greg a lot; more than the other gems in a friend sort of way. Like, she said that Greg was her favorite Human in We Need To Talk (or at least implied), and that were having a great time. Heck, we can even see that Amythest was a lot more outgoing and fun than she already is, and was a lot more playful and interested in hanging out with him. Of course, Rose became Steven, and their friendship was on that point where they don't talk about it, and they find the one thing that keeps them together. However, when Steven was young, he must have done something similar to what happened in this episode which sparked Greg and Amythest to stop hanging out since it only dug out bad memories. I mean, Amythset was shown to be interested in what Greg was doing when Rose was around, but the only time she was near Greg was when Steven was there. This episode kind of showed how she just rolls and pretends to not care, but when Greg brings up the broken photo, it brings memories for Amythest, but she decided to avoid it by bringing out Little Butler. It was something that they used to do.

When Greg wanted to go to Steven, I think it really struck a chord with Amythest because I think she felt like that was what Rose did. I think she felt that the one person that actually saw her as good and understood what to help Amythest feel happy, ditching her and going with a human that she only knew for maybe a few years before she gave up her gem life to have Steven. She probably feels abandoned, and obviously resents Greg for being the reason Rose became Steven. She was shape-shifting to get on Greg's nerves, which was obvious, but when she turned into Rose, it really struck a chord for Greg because it also brought up many feels for him. He told rose in We Need To Talk about how he knew he was in love with Rose because he said it was the worse torture, and I'm sure that being reminded the fact that Rose is no longer here also made it so hard on him - which was also a bit obvious. They both obviously love being friends, but the elephant in the room makes it impossible for them to get over it without it ended like it did.

Amythest tortured Greg, and she obviously enjoyed it, because she probably felt he deserved it. However, I think when she saw Steven, it made her realize that she was in the wrong, and probably reminded her of what she doesn't want to be - bad. She wants to know what is the right thing. The frame was an apology, but I think she feels embarrassed that she let that happen. I mean, without Rose, the Crystal Gems are literally lost in their way, and don't really have that person to keep them together and on the right track.

Like, at first, it made me feel mad at Amythest, but after rewatching it and taking it in more, I feel like there really was no one to blame, and that it kind of needed to happen.

I must be drunk or something. *Amethyst (applies to the entirety of this post; I knew Amythest was looking weird but I thought I was going crazy. It's late at night.)

Sorry to double post but...

11714536_1025670517450606_2132873783_n.jpg

Obviously first episode has to do with the crying breakfast foods show. I wonder if we'll return to the site from Coach Steven, such the synopsis says tv interference or whatever.

The rest are synopsis from wikipedia. The second one is the group going out of beach city for something; bout time. Then Amythest and Steven visit Onion's house in the third one, which will probably be disturbing tbh. And then I don't know for the rest.

BTW, there is a SU short that was released this past monday.

Back