Steven Universe

Pearl and Garnet are the most pleasant and entertaining main characters. Plus, Pearl definitely has the best fighting style.

tumblr_inline_njiroe090U1r9ecbs.gif

There's just something about the way she moves.

Puddin said:
Northern Verve said:
I binge watched the entire series from the beginning today. Gotta say it is a really well put together series. Some very well thought out characters, comedy, continuity, etc.

Thumbs up from me for sure. ^^
best gem is pearl am i right?

I think I'd actually say my favorite of the gems is Garnet. ^^'

Genji said:
Pearl and Garnet are the most pleasant and entertaining main characters. Plus, Pearl definitely has the best fighting style.
I've totally seen combat ballet somewhere else too, but all I can think of is this one anime called Princess Tutu, even though most of the "fights" were just dancing normal duets...

In terms of favourite gem, it's actually really close between Garnet and Pearl for me, though it was a definite Garnet (Pearl close second) after the season one finale. Amethyst is okay, though I liked her a lot more initially than I do now (my liking declined for a while).

And Lion's the best secondary character, no contest.

Genji said:

tumblr_inline_njiroe090U1r9ecbs.gif

There's just something about the way she moves.

She's so graceful, and so strong, in the real way.

Pearl has been my favorite since the start, and Garnet a close second, but Amethyst is definitely the least of the three. Like, she's awesome and it would not be as cool of a show without her, but her character can be very...I mean, in the episode with her and greg being friends, it was just like "Amethyst, how could you?" but then episodes like On the Run and you are just moved by her tragic background and what she really means to everyone.

I saw the Uncle Grandpa crossover. (BTW the episode actually states at the beginning it isn't canon. If you were worried about that you can sigh in reliief)

But OMG that was so hilarious. I might actually say it's the funniest episode of the series right now. And I haven't even seen a single episode of Uncle Grandpa.

Pearl's freakouts and faces were just the best.

Not to mention how meta it was. The moral was basically "Don't hate on Uncle Grandpa just because it's weird and/or Not to your tastes". Considering how I heard some fans may have been overreacting to this. It's not canon and it's just a bit of an April Fools joke just released on the day after. The episode was fun to watch anyway. So it's all good.

Northern Verve said:
Pearl's freakouts and faces were just the best.

THAT'S NOT MY BABY!

Considering how I heard some fans may have been overreacting to this.

It was mostly the assumed implied incest joke. Creator and assistant creator said that it wasn't supposed to be about incest.

Northern Verve said:
Puddin said:
Northern Verve said:
I binge watched the entire series from the beginning today. Gotta say it is a really well put together series. Some very well thought out characters, comedy, continuity, etc.

Thumbs up from me for sure. ^^
best gem is pearl am i right?

I think I'd actually say my favorite of the gems is Garnet. ^^'
Square mom is best mom.

After watching disjointed chunks of the second half of Jailbreak, I decided to check out the series. Watched Mirror Gem and Ocean Gem first since I really liked the melancholy around Lapis in the excerpts I've seen, and then a couple other random episodes, but it wasn't until I watched "Giant Woman" (as recommended by my brother) that it really clicked. I dunno why, but I thought Garnet giving Steven a rock and him honestly being excited about was great, and while a kid pestering his guardians to fuse all day could easily come off as obnoxious, Steven's "Giant Woman" song was too silly and cute for that (and a total earworm), plus he got me wanting to see Opal too, and the action sequence at the end was plain awesome. Then the conclusion with Garnet being once again too cool for school about everything and the "I can do that too" closing remark was a perfect ending. Since then I've watched a few more episodes, and am looking forward to more: they're my new entertainment during lunch breaks at work.

As for my favourite gem, so far it's Garnet, but I've only seen a few episodes, so it's too early to tell for sure: all the characters have their moments.

I really did like the crossover episode.

I think Amethyst tripping over the Y in "RUN AWAY" and then crying "WHY!?" broke me. I had to pause it so I could laugh really hard for a minute.

I also noticed Garnet just dropping an imbred joke (where Pearl said: "So he's greg brother...and father?" and Garnet saying: "That explains a lot.")

Lapis Lazuli said:
I think Amethyst tripping over the Y in "RUN AWAY" and then crying "WHY!?" broke me.
Oh man, I didn't even realize.

This show is too slick, I'm both laughing and disappointed in myself.

Lapis Lazuli said:
I also noticed Garnet just dropping an imbred joke (where Pearl said: "So he's greg brother...and father?" and Garnet saying: "That explains a lot.")

I'll post it again, but that apparently wasn't meant to be taken as an incest joke.

Magikrazy said:
How else do you even take that?

I can't find the tumblr post offhand, but it was supposed to be interpreted as "Uncle Grandpa is strange, I can see where Greg and Steven get it."

(A Story For Steven)

(So Many Birthdays)

I dunno; she probably was acting childish because she hasn't seen a human in so long that she got curious. She probably has her hair short because of a style she saw, like how Garnet and Pearl look different.

Smiley The Hun said:

(A Story For Steven)

(So Many Birthdays)

Gems are shapeshifters, though. They don't grow up like humans do, and their physical appearance is not indicative of their age. Amethyst could be looking younger for any number of reasons, especially considering she's the character who's into shapeshifting the most. This isn't really a continuity error.

I saw Marble Madness.
you know what Paradigm (sp?) reminded me of? Nintendo bosses, probably because of the giant hands.

Edit: peridot oh my gosh how did I not even recognize my birthstone

Peridot? Yeah, she has that whole hand motif going on.

Anyway, I am attempting to get Marowak to watch the show. He is so confused, it is honestly kind of cute.

But then again I was confused too at the beginning. Things take a while until they start making sense.

latest

should this be added to the list of mario crossovers page or whatever

so i never realised those things aren't actually called "prize blocks"

also

WKWfnYa.png

i'm unconvinced this was a mario reference. if it is, it's ridiculously subtle

2257 said:
so i never realised those things aren't actually called "prize blocks"

also

WKWfnYa.png

i'm unconvinced this was a mario reference. if it is, it's ridiculously subtle

So subtle, I'm not completely sure I know what's being specifically referenced here.

Back