The LEGO Movie

Olaf said:
I thought this looked stupid, but whatever.
it's pretty silly, but it's done in a very satirical way and it's actually really funny

watched it
it was good until the "revealing" where
the whole thing is a hoax set up by a child

or at least imo

Sergeant Sillies said:
They're making a sequel.
yeah i don't think a movie like this can really use a sequel but whatever
Pokémon Trainer Red said:
watched it
it was good until the "revealing" where
the whole thing is a hoax set up by a child

or at least imo
i thought that was the best part in my opinion

I'll hopefully see it in April. I really want to see it. I've seen a load of the trailers and I've got the Awesome theme song in my head.

lego movie
ow gawd I swear the whole theater died laughing

getting the references is easier when your dads a major lego fan

this

was

the

best

movie

i

have

seen

in

forever

seriously, go see it. i'm already calling it for best movie of 2014

i've just seen this last night and I'm impressed

It relates to me in so much ways

Nope, this didn't hit me in the childhood. Sure I played with them, but not extensively

this is an excellent movie even if you know next to nothing about legos

you might miss a couple references, but the humor (and plot) is universally impressive

I was one of the few people who genuinely thought this looked awesome from the start... but even then, I was not in store for how amazing it turned out to be... Like, the climax just gets so...

Well... I don't want to spoil anything, even describing it would give something away and remove some of the impact it had...

It's just brilliant all the way through, and even the jokes are pretty dang hysterical! BTW, that song, "Everything is Awesome", it's going to be stuck in my head for a while...

I can't believe my favourite disk jockey (Gerard Ekdom) voices Batman in the Dutch version of this.

glad we're all in agreement that this is awesome

by the way, you don't need to like legos to enjoy this. i've never really used legos that much (besides a few star wars and harry potter things that i lost all the pieces for)

I'm actually surprised it took this long to get a feature length lego film

I mean, there already was a feature length playmobil film like ten years ago almost

my favourite part was proably
the coffee prices
or
the way they viewed non-lego objects

I really love how they put creativity over following steps. That's, like, so totally me.

Sergeant Sillies said:
The whole movie was my favorite part x:

GO SPORTS TEAM!
BEST QUOTE
Baby Luigi said:
I really love how they put creativity over following steps. That's, like, so totally me.
OKAY WAIT NO THAT'S COMPLETELY WRONG
the movie specifically pointed out that you shouldn't feel all high and mighty just because you're creative. wyldstyle mentioned how she thought that because she was a master builder, that made her so much better than the regular lego people. and she admitted that's wrong. because some people are not creative and naturally inclined to follow instructions, like me.

what the movie was trying to show - and what i was afraid people wouldn't get - is that following directions and being creative are both okay as long as you don't impede other people's fun. lord business was evil because he wanted to stop other people from being creative. emmet, on the other hand, followed directions all the time, and that's not bad. yet at the same time, the master builders were not right to think they were superior because they were creative.

tl;dr - some people are creative and some people are not, and neither are better than the other

Hmm, you're right. I haven't thought about this deeply myself. Still relates to me in some parts regardless, but I'm not an elitist.

I think one of my favorite lines is something like, "It rhymes so [the prophecy] must be true!"

also the 80s spaceman is the best lego man
i have dozens of them but no blue ones
he must be a fraud
also i assume the blue 80s spaceman was from the bucket, due to having a broken face

Back