The LEGO Movie

Shyghoul

Peace be with you, whoever you are.
Pronouns
she/her/they
Coming 2014.

I'd post le trailer but internet is being stupid and won't let me right now.The movie looks pretty interesting imo.

WOW this movie was FANTASTIC

like, it was actually really good. the jokes were funny and not overdone, there were SO MANY REFERENCES some of them i'm not sure of (i'm pretty sure there was a matrix reference in there and i think the simpsons were in there too?), the animation is really cool and there's a great message or two and you should just see it for yourself the end is great

Dracomon said:
I just read about a person who saw it on another Forum. He said he came in expecting a 90-minute ad for Legos. It was the exact opposite.
a negative ninety minute ad against LEGO?

it is great even if a lot of people will probably misinterpret the ending but w/e it's really awesome and the end is great

Well my little brother wants to see it, and how my works is that we only do things my brother wants to do, so I'll probably see this.
Unlike Frozen, which he hates, and he hasn't seen it, so I'll probably never see it for some reason either.

The Lego Movie is extraordinary~!
I lost my shit a couple of times during the movie. The part where the cloud is on fire and sinking into the ocean. I don't know why, but I found that so hilarious. Oh god and the spaceship scene. I cried at that scene it reminded me of space core.

Sergeant Sillies said:
I lost my shit a couple of times during the movie. The part where the cloud is on fire and sinking into the ocean. I don't know why, but I found that so hilarious. Oh god and the spaceship scene. I cried at that scene it reminded me of space core.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE MOVIE I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW HARD I SHIPPED BENNY AND THE SPACE CORE

but yeah i absolutely lost it at the beginning when emmet decided to sit with all the people special to him and he only had a plant and i just pointed at the screen and said "that's it. that's me."

I heard this will have matrix and portal references, but I'm skeptical it will

looking forward to seeing it next tuesday regardless (tuesday is cheap night)

didn't catch the portal reference, but there is at least one matrix reference

there were also creatures that reminded me very much of robots from the matrix. probably because the same visual effects company worked on both movies

Elsa said:
Sergeant Sillies said:
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE MOVIE I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW HARD I SHIPPED BENNY AND THE SPACE CORE

but yeah i absolutely lost it at the beginning when emmet decided to sit with all the people special to him and he only had a plant and i just pointed at the screen and said "that's it. that's me."
They would be the bestest buds in the entire universe. Omg that part was sad yet still amusing. What made it worse for me was that there was this guy sitting in front of us with all this candy and popcorn next to his seat. While everyone else had their children, husbands/wives, gf/bfs, or friends to watch the movie with.

i found it weird that girls liked the lego guy in the movie
he's a lego guy, he doesnt even have fingers!

Niime said:
i found it weird that girls liked the lego guy in the movie
he's a lego guy, he doesnt even have fingers!
i'm kinda confused at what you are trying to say here

Probably something about girls finding the character attractive.

so im guessing this wasnt a very serious movie, but thought id check it out eventually.

Although im soloing comparing it with lego video games.

Which comparing movies vs video games is generally not a good idea.

well, unlike frozen, this movie's trailers actually made me want to see it

so i'll definitely look into it asap

Back