Useless Fire Emblem units

NSY

Celestial Guide
What units in Fire Emblem games do you think are completely useless.

From Sacred Stones, Tethys because she's nothing but worthless and Knoll because you have to count on luck to keep him alive, critical hits can come on him easily.

Awakening, Donnell because he is almost impossible to train.

Re: Useless Fire Emblem untis

Donnell can be a total powerhouse if you do train him. My brother trained him into a warrior and he is pretty epic. His Donnell can take out my Inigo on streetpass: which is no easy feat 8)

Tethys is pretty useless as she can't even attack. Plus Vanessa is awful in Sacred Stones.

Also, most the 'Oifrey' characters become useless when you start promoting your other units. However, with Frederick, you can use the reclassing system to break the chain and have him be a good unit which you can actually use later in the game.

Quite a bit of units in Radiant Dawn fo' sho.

Meg and Fiona definitely. Every other unit I've had had at least SOME worth in using but never those two.

Also Tormod, Muarim and Vika for their overly long absence...(i actually trained Tormod up in one playthrough and he became a beast at the end)

Oh yeah. I also found Anna kind of useless. Mainly because Gaius is the better thief unit imo and plus Anna can't support with many people and she doesn't have a future child like most other characters which can be obtained earlier in the game.

Unknown Entity said:
Quite a bit of units in Radiant Dawn fo' sho.

Meg and Fiona definitely. Every other unit I've had had at least SOME worth in using but never those two.

Also Tormod, Muarim and Vika for their overly long absence...(i actually trained Tormod up in one playthrough and he became a beast at he end)

thank you thank you thank you

Unfortunately, Tauroneo also somewhat falls under the "long absence" tag too in RD. Shame, he was great when you first get him.

Also, Kyza and Lyre are extremely worthless in RD. Sadly, Lethe and Mordecai are pretty worthless too, but not as much.

Also, who can forget Sothe in Path of Radiance?

roy and eliwood

why must you suck you lords

untis untis untis untis

fire emblem dubstep

tethys is pretty shit

and ewan

they're both useless and they're related

nintendo should have just cut out their useless story

tethys is high tier actually
dancing means that seth gets another turn

like Seth needs another turn

i like to savour the battle, seth getting another turn is like adding honey to a jam sandwich

it's unnecessary and doesn't make sense

plus it puts Tethys at risk of danger, and while I don't really care for/like Tethys, I still like to keep my units alive

if Tethys would die just to give Seth another turn, that really sets me behind

units are not always in range of enemies :P
also LTCing exists

nsymon said:
Awakening, Donnell because he is almost impossible to train.

pair him up with kellam in the early goings, normally kellam gives some pretty good def modifiers since he's a knight, but that increases the higher support he has with donnel.

also edward from radiant dawn is probably the best spotpass team to fight from my experience.

i almost never use virion or ricken

ricken I can understand, but Virion is like the Legolas of the game, I won't leave him out

Radagast the Brown said:
ricken I can understand, but Virion is like the Legolas of the game, I won't leave him out
Virion is awesome!

Especially since you don't really get much archers in the game (and Noire and Virion are pretty even, IMO)

wendy from fe6
what were you thinking IS, making a 4 move unit with those bases

Virion is odd as a character but you need him. He takes out most units in one battle and he's the unit that can use Bows from the start. If you get another Bow user, you have to train them from weapon level E, it's not fun, trust me.

nsymon said:
If you get another Bow user, you have to train them from weapon level E, it's not fun, trust me.

noire starts at c, iirc

also i've had plenty of units start at level e. cordelia, vaike, gauis and nah to name a few (and that's only bow users, i've had plenty of sword and magic users start at e as well), and i've never had any problems

Per Nitwit
If the unit it is decent enough its not too bad and once you get to C and can use killers then its all easy riding.

training weapons is easy as hell in awakening.

Not for the other games.

what are you talking about
Level 9 Lyn with B rank swords plz

Ultraluigi said:
what are you talking about
Level 9 Lyn with B rank swords plz

yeah when lyn doesnt suck

although i always had a hard time getting s on her with swords and bows together though

Radagast the Brown said:

I don't dislike him I just like everyone else better.

except inigo fuck inigo

Back