Useless Fire Emblem units

Vanessa from fe8 is terrible, she can't hold herself at all in battle nor is she that powerful.

Tana isn't too great either but if you put training into her, she can turn out okay.

NSY said:
Tana isn't too great either but if you put training into her, she can turn out okay.
my question is did you put training into her

in my experience she becomes nigh-impossible to hit and is on the level of gerik and the trainees.

NSY said:
Vanessa from fe8 is terrible, she can't hold herself at all in battle nor is she that powerful.

vanessa's primary job is saving turns (flying is generally broken in an ltc context)

on the subject of fe8

Does anyone ever use Syrene? By the time you get her, you've got 2 great fliers in Cormag and Tana and, hell, Vanessa makes for a pretty okay Wyvern Knight, I find.

syrene's bases are just... meh and she really doesn't get any time to be used.

Dr. Javelin said:
NSY said:
my question is did you put training into her

in my experience she becomes nigh-impossible to hit and is on the level of gerik and the trainees.

well ive had shit runs for tana, not enough strength or enough skill, and what not.

As said before there have been much better than tana though.

imho, Vanessa and syrene could have very well been left out of the game.

i think I used Vanessa once, and that was in the chapter that you HAD to use her

also speaking of fe8, i never really found a use for the trainees.
they are just so relaint on good level ups that it's hard for them to really be good.

I always imagined that Gilliam would be happy serving the king and country, alongside his bad-ass best friend Moulder.

and Vanessa and Syrene get with Forde and Kyle, because cute and sexy should go with cute and sexy

IN THAT ORDER

(bump)
Donnell was completely useless.

Robin said:
King Harkinian said:
(bump)
Donnell was completely useless.

Pfft, you'd have to be either terribly unlucky or very impatient with him to think that.
Oh, does he get better?

Donny is basically a war god when you level him up enough

Yeah, his skill (Aptitude) makes his stats grow much faster (+20% increase to all his growths, which significantly raises the chance of stat boosts when he levels up) than others provided you're not terribly unlucky like I just said.

So if you have the patience to give him EXP, he'll definitely pay you back multiple times over after long enough.

Crap, I'm pretty far into the game now and I gave up on him @ Level 2.
Speaking of Fire Emblem, I'm noticing a resemblance between Plegia and ShadowClan from Warriors Cats.

did you really just compar- never mind

suffice to say that they are nothing alike, shadowclan were never religious fanatics they were just living on terrible wasteland and so were generally unhappy

Javelin said:
did you really just compar- never mind

suffice to say that they are nothing alike, shadowclan were never religious fanatics they were just living on terrible wasteland and so were generally unhappy
Yes, but think about it. ShadowClan had one bad leader (Brokenstar) and one terrible leader (Tigerstar). Plegia had one bad (the Mad King) and one terrible (Validar) And the terrible came after the bad for both.

that's a vague comparison that you could easily make to plenty of empires

how i even remember those silly books i don't know

Back