Your opinion on Skyward Sword?

All three times you visit the Lanyru Desert were awesome, because of Time Travel. Half the reason I play the Zelda series is the possibility of time travel.

Crocodile Dippy said:
yeah, I still reckon the time-displaced desert bits were an awesome concept

too bad you had to spend half the time you were at those places fighting with the controls!

Gomamon said:
Crocodile Dippy said:
yeah, I still reckon the time-displaced desert bits were an awesome concept

too bad you had to spend half the time you were at those places fighting with the controls!

I didn't have any control troubles in the desert, so I guess I got to enjoy it more than others. The only time I had control troubles was when I tried to do a stab (which made one of the last boss fights a pain).

i didnt have any control troubles once i figured out how the controls worked

it's just too bad i had already killed demise and finished most of the sidequests at that point

see i was under the impression that since it was a motion controlled game full of swordplay, i should act like i was swinging a sword. that turned out to be a misconception that fucked me over throughout the entire game

The game's worst offense was the awful and boring Imprisoned fights. It's even worse when you can practically fight the second and third ones at least 30 minutes from each other.

Kellam said:
The game's worst offense was the awful and boring Imprisoned fights. It's even worse when you can practically fight the second and third ones at least 30 minutes from each other.
I have to agree with this, they were just poorly designed.

Kellam said:
yeah those were just really lazy

The third battle was somewhat easier than the second as well.

I personally liked it, especially the story. I felt like it succeeded in telling an origin story, and it explained quite a bit of stuff we didn't think about in the Zelda franchise as a whole.

I didn't have many problems with the gameplay, except sometimes it registered a stab as a spin attack, but I think that was probably my fault for moving the nunchuk at the same time accidentally.

The parts I didn't like were the Silent Realms (I like the concept, but I didn't like the fetch quest in the big areas. Skyloft was OK, but I hated Eldin and Lanayru, simply because the areas were so big.) the Imprisoned fights were OK, because they mixed them up a little in each one (the Groosenator). I also hated the Lanayru Mining Facility. It just felt too big. And the Beamos would kill you easily if you weren't good at the controls.

While I would have liked stuff like the harp being used more, to be honest, that's just nitpicky.

Let's just say, I like it, and I like it a LOT more than Twilight Princess.

doesn't that apply to nearly every single fanbase in existence?

Fawful said:
I, personally, think it is overrated, but not as much as Twilight Princess.

Twilight Princess was basically a perfected, more mature rated OoT, which basically did things right that OoT did wrong.

Skyward Sword had a lot of flaws, but the problem is that the flaws all depend on your experience. For me, I had no trouble with the controls, so I thought the game mechanics were just amazing. My problems were with the fact that I felt the bosses were a bit on the unoriginal and rather disappointing side (other than Koloktos; awesome battle indeed). And then of course some other minor flaws that just bothered me that probably wouldn't bother some.

The thing is though is that while it may be overrated in some parts, it's pretty spot on in others. Like, even with many of the flaws, the goods about this game definitely help overcome it's shortcomings. Like, where it doesn't do best in, it does superior in others.

Tree Fiddy said:
To people who hate Skyward Sword:
*racism*

yes thank you i am now fully convinced of whatever point you thought you were making

(it will be a nonsensical argument even if you rephrase it in a way that lacks the racism, so don't bother)

Xerneas said:
(other than Koloktos; awesome battle indeed)
Most intense fight in the game for me. I hadn't spoiled the boss for myself so when it changed attack patterns so many times and took so many hits I was really enjoying it. I barely beat it, even though the controls didn't stuff up at all for me. I think I was just unprepared for it.

you should cry

the fact that people still believe racist bullshit like that is acceptable is depressing

I did not post that because it was racist. I posted it because it was true. The Zelda fanbase is extremely fickle, and I found an image that told them off. I can't help it if that guy made Miyamoto TAKKU RIKE DISU!

yeah... except... you could have just not posted the image, and rephrased it in your own words

and the argument is nonsense anyway

Am I the only one that saw that image as Miyamoto insulting the "complainers" by acting like how they supposably precieve being like, and just being a smartass to them? Because even though I can see why it can be racist and stuff, I mean I think the intention was just Miyamoto mocking the complainers.

Alright so I beat this the other day so i'll post my thoughts on it.

As far as things I don't like about this game go I really only have a couple complaints about it. The fact that whenever you obtain certain items it gives you a message explaining what it is every single freakin time even after the item had previously been obtained is pretty annoying. The game's plot also didn't hook me as fast as TP's plot did. Those are pretty much my only problems with this game. The controls were fucking awesome, it made the battles feel much more engaging and funner than other Zelda games, also using the beetle was great as well as flying on the bird. Swimming was definitely better as well. The ability to run made gameplay feel much smoother than doing flips all the time. Time stone mechanic was well excuted. Items were fun to use in general. Dungeons were nice as well and I thoughly enjoyed all of them especially the last one. Silent Realms were cool and one of the best parts of the game. Normally I don't like revisiting places but it was actually nice going back to previously visited locations and it felt different almost every time. Music was fantastically done and I liked all of the songs. Bosses were nice and the final boss fight was really fucking great and actually pretty challenging. Major characters were all likeable memorable.
Really liked how Groose started as a completely self-centered dick, was humbled into thinking he was useless, and eventually realized that he could good do good for the world as well even though he wasn't the chosen hero. The Demise was a complete badass and a perfect "root of evil" of the Zelda series for me.
Fi was really nice and I found her computer-like outlook on everything amusing. Link, Zelda, and Ghirahim were cool as well. Even the less-important characters like the fortune teller or the Gorons had memorable personalities I really liked. It took a little bit for me to get into the plot but once I did I throughly enjoyed it. The showdown at the end felt pretty epic, also the plot had me literally crying at the end of it.

Overall the pros definently outweigh the cons it's a fantastic game imo and it's almost my favorite game. (probably number 2 or 3)

Pros:

Awesome music
Great level design
Well-written characters
Awesome bosses
Smart enemy AI
Run button

Cons:

Having to center pointer all the time
Story took a while to get started
Loftwing controls awkward

One of my favourite Zeldas, along with Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

Back