United States Presidential Election, 2012

Why does the government fund them though? Anyways...this will sound hypocritical, but...
stay-on-target.gif

Stay on topic.

It's my fault for debating about the Green party and it just spiraled downward from there.

Dr. Javelin said:
Why does the government fund them though? Anyways...this will sound hypocritical, but...
stay-on-target.gif

Stay on topic.

It's my fault for debating about the Green party and it just spiraled downward from there.
They fund them because they have less administrative costs than corporations because they have to do commercials and shit.

ON TOPIC:

I don't like Obama, but he is going to win. The best shot Republicans have at nominating someone to beat Obama is Jon Huntsman, and he's too centrist for the far-right looney tunes. Also Obama killed Osama. That's always helpful. :)

No one seems to realize that catching Osama was in part because of Bush's intelligence. And people still hate Bush. If people would wake up and realize that Obama is not going to do anything to reduce the national debt or the size of government, then he wouldn't have a chance.

George Bush was in office for 8 years and didn't do shit!

He did however, violate the Constitution by taking away civil liberties. If that contributed to the capturing and killing of bin Laden, it certainly wasn't worth it.

Also, no one wants the size of government reduced. Take a look at the polls. People don't like the Bush tax cuts and they don't want the government touching their Medicare.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20024494-503544.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/01/cnn-poll-majority-gives-thumbs-down-to-ryan-plan/

Repubicans don't let Obama decrease the debt.

Dr. Javelin said:
Economic Stimulus package? War on Terror? No Child Left Behind?
Referring to what he did with capturing Osama bin Laden.
[quote author=Dr.]
Who doesn't like tax cuts?
[/quote]
Look at the poll. 52% of Republicans want them to be continued for the middle class or taken away from all people. 64% of Independents, and I'm sure Dems agree too.

Polls don't always reflect the average voter. I'm pretty sure if you walked down the street and asked random people if they would like to pay less taxes, >90% would say yes.

Dr. Javelin said:
Polls don't always reflect the average voter. I'm pretty sure if you walked down the street and asked random people if they would like to pay less taxes, >90% would say yes.
Exactly. But most people aren't rich! If you asked them, would you like rich people to pay a tad more in taxes to reduce the deficit, a great majority would say yes.

Obama is going to raise taxes on small business owners, people who aren't rich, just so the government can expand and expand. How are more taxes on the middle class going to benefit the economy?

Dr. Javelin said:
Obama is going to raise taxes on small business owners, people who aren't rich, just so the government can expand and expand. How are more taxes on the middle class going to benefit the economy?
Bullshit.

He's not raising taxes on ANYBODY.

He wanted to raise taxes on people making >$250,000.

"According to compensation survey administrator PayScale in 2010, the average income of small business owners varies widely depending upon their level of experience. For example, small business owners with less than one year of experience in running an organization earn an annual salary ranging from $34,392 to $75,076. Those with more than 10 years experience, on the other hand, earn upwards of $105,757 per year." -- http://smallbusiness.chron.com/average-income-small-business-owners-5189.html

We need to start a Jimmy McMillan for President fad when the primary election rolls around.

BLT said:
Dr. Javelin said:
<br *bleep*.

He's not raising taxes on ANYBODY.

He wanted to raise taxes on people making >$250,000.

"According to compensation survey administrator PayScale in 2010, the average income of small business owners varies widely depending upon their level of experience. For example, small business owners with less than one year of experience in running an organization earn an annual salary ranging from $34,392 to $75,076. Those with more than 10 years experience, on the other hand, earn upwards of $105,757 per year." -- http://smallbusiness.chron.com/average-income-small-business-owners-5189.html
They have more money my boy, which means that they are more equal than others in the world of campaigning, so the Roberts Court has declared.

Yeah.

They said people can vote with their money. :-\

The Supreme Court really stepped outside its boundaries.

But why are people so stupid that they let ads think for them?

Why do you support Ron Paul? He can't win. The rednecks who vote in the Republican primaries simply won't have it. In addition, he also wants to decrease the tax rates, from what I understand eliminate Medicare (he said it's unconstitutional), and is most likely to shoot down a universal healthcare proposal should one miraculously pass in the legislature.

Now, don't get me wrong, Obama is a conservative crook, but out of all of the options on the ballot, I think he is the best choice.

Also, every other candidate beside Ron Paul and Obama are fucking JOKES. They make asses of themselves all of the time on TV. Amusing, to say the least.

Politics is almost always about the lesser of two evils. After the primary, the choice will most likely be Obama and Romney.

I think spending on foreign aid and defense is ridiculous these days, but when you are in a budget deficit, you don't cut taxes. It just doesn't make sense.

Well, women should probably have this right because of Roe v Wade.

I never really got why people don't support this. Gay marriage doesn't harm anybody, and not legalizing it would violate the Constitution.

Massachusetts healthcare was executed excellently. I have no problems with this, except that state Republicans are prone to cutting healthcare.

It's not a good idea to give states complete control of education, or they end up teaching creationism.

The rich are doing phenomenally well. They don't need their taxes cut. Even if we cut defense and foreign aid, (which we won't) it still won't be enough.

If the Supreme Court was right or not to legalize abortion is one thing, but the Supreme Court ruled on it, so whatever precedent the Supreme Court sets overrides state laws (I think). :P

What if a secular taxpayer objects to the creationist classes? They are being funded on his/her dollar.

1. Government hires the private sector all of the time. The money finds it way back into the economy somehow.

2. There could be no "Irreligious class" because that is simply the lack of a religion.

3. The Supreme Court abuses their power all of the time. See Citizens United v FEC. They are the ones who really make the law, unfortunately.

The real problem with the California gay marriage is that the voters were against legalizing it, and the courts were able to bypass them completely. That was the real issue, not so much the gays.

Rick Perry is now joining the campaign.

Also, I think Obama is looking to run again, and honestly, I don't see that happening.

Back