United States Presidential Election, 2012

Oh come on, his avatar is the Regginator, I would totally vote for him.

EDIT: Well, it is one time out of four.

Also, Obama released a spot in Spanish, and his Spanish is not bad. It's good, actually.

EDIT3: I'm trying to watch the VP debate but the translators are terrible.

Biden did pretty good on that debate. Better than Obama, that's for sure.

Baby Luigi said:
Clearly his aim was to retaliate for Obama's shortcomings in the last debate. Biden went into it with all the vim and vigor his opponent, incidentally, thirty years his junior, did not exhibit. However, some may think Biden went overboard. Some may think he was borderline rude and disrespectful. But Ryan remained composed. He interrupted Ryan nearly 100 times, he laughed and smirked at virtually EVERYTHING Ryan said. Only time will tell whether he helped or hurt Obama. I've never seen that level of disrespect in a presidential debated, granted this was my the first I've ever viewed. But Ryan was certainly more complaisant.

Dr. Javelin said:
Okay so my school is doing a mock election with four students being Romney, Ryan, Obama, and Biden.

I'm going to try to get myself added as Gary Johnson.

Mine too.

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Baby Luigi said:
Clearly his aim was to retaliate for Obama's shortcomings in the last debate. Biden went into it with all the vim and vigor his opponent, incidentally, thirty years his junior, did not exhibit. However, some may think Biden went overboard. Some may think he was borderline rude and disrespectful. But Ryan remained composed. He interrupted Ryan nearly 100 times, he laughed and smirked at virtually EVERYTHING Ryan said. Only time will tell whether he helped or hurt Obama. I've never seen that level of disrespect in a presidential debated, granted this was my the first I've ever viewed. But Ryan was certainly more complaisant.

the most pretentious paragraph i've seen all day

Anyway, Biden sure did kick ass last night. Thoughts?

I didn't really mind that Biden was being rude, but then again, I support Biden/Obama if I can vote.

But this debate is much more entertaining than the last one.

Biden/Ryan seemed pretty pointless to me, as both got beat up by the moderator.

Of course the moderator had Obama attend her wedding, so we can't even think about her being unbiased.

99999% of my friends support Obama and in 6th period that we drew mitt romney poster that he look like hitler with nazi stuff. And my friend threw that paper so we will not get in the trouble by teacher.

Makoto Naegi said:
i dunno, i think most people'd be pretty honored to have the president of the united states attend their wedding even if they disagreed with all his decisions
most sensible people

i mean to personally don't agree with obama's policies (or romney's for that matter) but i would still respect them as the president of the united states

2nd presidential debate is tonight....I am definitely going to watch it

Obama did better this round than last round. I can't say who won this round though

I voted for Obama/Biden in the poll

Ventus said:
Baby Luigi said:
I voted for Obama/Biden in the poll

Me too, Mitt Romney lied in debate alot

Mitt Romney did bring up good points to consider, though, but I still favor Democratic policies.

[quote author=redacted]
Thank you both for participating in this poll.
[/quote]

You're welcome!

Well, I'm not from the US and therefore can't vote, but I'd go with Obama and Biden. But I have to admit I'm only basing myself on their foreign policy; I can't say I know what their other plans are. I had the right to get my US Citizenship but, unfortunately, I didn't make the paperwork before I turned 18 so now it's a lot more complicated.

Makoto Naegi said:
Radagast the Brown said:
I'm supporting anybody British. It's time for change!

do you know what happened the last time we were led by a brit

that's right, the american revolution

i think it's time for the american revolution 2

anybody british '12

you mean the BRITISH revolution :posh:

(aka American revolution 2 - let's get British!)

New Super Mario said:
Who are the other people? lol.
I'd post the srsly? face but I don't want to waste my time pointing out that you should know who Romney is.

I can see not knowing of Gary Johnson, because news stations refuse to give him any coverage, but you might want to look up his policies.

About the debate - I'd say it was a tie. CNN is championing Obama and how he pushed Romney on several issues, but it didn't seem to me like Obama was focused in his attacks - they were all over the place, as if he was trying to hit Romney everywhere at once. It didn't really work as well as Romney's focused attacks, like how he kept pointing out that Obama had multiple opportunities to accomplish goals such as immigration but didn't even start on them when he got in office, and that Obama has added $4 trillion to the deficit. That seemed to me like a more serious rebuttal of Obama's policies.

Also the part where Romney called Obama on the carpet about the Benghazi attack. Obama claimed that his Administration labelled it as "an act of terror" Day 1 - which was not true. Romney actually called that out immediately.

Dr. Javelin said:
New Super Mario said:
Who are the other people? lol.
I'd post the srsly? face but I don't want to waste my time pointing out that you should know who Romney is.

I can see not knowing of Gary Johnson, because news stations refuse to give him any coverage, but you might want to look up his policies.

About the debate - I'd say it was a tie. CNN is championing Obama and how he pushed Romney on several issues, but it didn't seem to me like Obama was focused in his attacks - they were all over the place, as if he was trying to hit Romney everywhere at once. It didn't really work as well as Romney's focused attacks, like how he kept pointing out that Obama had multiple opportunities to accomplish goals such as immigration but didn't even start on them when he got in office, and that Obama has added $4 trillion to the deficit. That seemed to me like a more serious rebuttal of Obama's policies.

Also the part where Romney called Obama on the carpet about the Benghazi attack. Obama claimed that his Administration labelled it as "an act of terror" Day 1 - which was not true. Romney actually called that out immediately.

Obama should have focused on Romney's social policies (i.e. homophobia, desire to prevent women from getting contraception, and overall goal of forcing everyone to adhere to his religion). Economic and foreign policy is really difficult to determine the success of, so Romney could say one thing and Obama could say another and it really would just depend on the viewer's economic state and political views to decide who's "right." But calling out a misogynist who is proud of his misogyny? That would be easy, easy points in Obama's corner.

And I stand by my belief that a Romney victory would utterly destroy the Republican party.

Back