How did you get into the SSB series

Driftmaster130

Rest in Peace, Walkazo
I played Melee at a friend's house. The only stage we ever played on was Hyrule Castle and the only character I used was Yoshi (him and Pikachu are still the only ones I use to this day), but it was great fun.

Later I tried Brawl at someone else's house and preferred that over Melee. A few years later, I finally got a copy of my own. I don't play SSB by myself; it's only fun with other people IMO.

I saw Brawl at my cousins house and I wanted it, so I stole borrowed it and played it at my house. I sucked at it, but it was fun. To this day, I still suck at it.

Sadly I haven't played the original or Melee, but it's on my to do list.

Played Brawl at a friends house and then bought it pretty much right after that.

Later on got Melee too, and now I'll also be getting 64.

Super Smash Bros. was the first game I ever played extensively and that's how I got into video game

That means I always had been into the SSB series and it was since like I was 3-4 years old.

Saw advert, game looked good, bought game, and that ends Demidevimon's epic tale of how he got into the Smash Bros. series

Got it for Christmas and was one of the first games I ever owned. I've loved the series ever since. Each installment getting better and better.

I have a collections of several N64 games (exactly 100 game).. I was very bored and decided to choose a random game from them.... luckily it was Super Smash Bros.. Actually this what binged me to the wiki (to search for secrets and unlockables) And by searching I found the squeals.

I liked fighting games, saw that nintendo was making a fighting game, so therefor i got it.

I don't remember trying to get into it. All my life, I was into the games. :/

My brother got Melee, and my siblings and I played it constantly. Since then, I loved the Smash series, and also Brawl ended up being my favorite game. =P

I rented the original at Blockbuster (that, kids, is where you could get VHS tapes, which are what we watched before this newfangled DVD shit) when I was younger after seeing the commercial for it.

Blockbuster still exists, but most people these days just use Netflix instead of DVD's.

I still have one ;)
But I prefer Family Video.

I think at my local CD Tradepost (Which recently closed, so now I have to walk for an hour to reach any video game store) a few years ago (2004 maybe?), I saw SSBM. Mario AND Link in the same game?! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.
Later, I bought Brawl, and even later I bought the original SSB on the N64

I saw it at a friend's house, played it briefly, got it for Christmas that year. What's weird is that before that I had no conception of Nintendo or its characters, at a lot of the characters in it were completely unknown to me. In a way, the Super Smash Bros. series has made me the Nintendo fan I am today.

i didn't

i played the original ssb with friends sometimes, but i've never really been much for fighting games and i didn't find that one especially compelling

Back