The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

After hearing 3 good reviews it has confirmed what I already knew. I will buy this game

Got the Limited Edition with the figure.

The figure is surprisingly well-made and sturdy, which is the complete opposite of what I thought it was going to be.

Can't wait to dp the Nintendo Gallery again, but this time...........

IN HD

Cordelia said:
Got the Limited Edition with the figure.

The figure is surprisingly well-made and sturdy, which is the complete opposite of what I thought it was going to be.

Can't wait to dp the Nintendo Gallery again, but this time...........

IN HD

I'm getting mine today as well.

And omg, the figurine quest...

I am praying that you can submit as many photos as you want at the same time so that you don't have to wait those 24 hours. Especially now with 12 photos you can store, I'm excited! Now I don't have to worry about making sure I took the best photo of Halmoroc King and Tetra with 1 photo. Those are always the worse because they are back-to-back (I only do first quest), and I literally hate those two.

Hardest ones: Big Octo, Cyclos (big time), Gohdan, Gummy, Mighty Darknut, Phantom Ganon, Puppet Ganon, and Tetra. You know, since they have limited appearances...

Also...

In The Wind Waker HD, the Knuckle figurine is needed to complete the Nintendo Gallery, unlike the original game.

Crap.

Xerneas said:
I am praying that you can submit as many photos as you want at the same time so that you don't have to wait those 24 hours.

Probably late replying, but yeah, you can turn in 12 photos at once. Also, the sidequest is made easier because whenever you take a picture, there might be a yellow circle with Carlov's face and the word "Good" in the top-left corner before you save it. It indicates that this is a picture that Carlov can sculpt. Now we don't have to be fumbling and praying that Carlov doesn't reject it because the whole body isn't in it.

Wii_U_screenshot_Game_Pad_01435.jpg

this game is absolutely beautiful and i'm so glad i got it earlier today

Cordelia said:
Xerneas said:
I am praying that you can submit as many photos as you want at the same time so that you don't have to wait those 24 hours.

Probably late replying, but yeah, you can turn in 12 photos at once. Also, the sidequest is made easier because whenever you take a picture, there might be a yellow circle with Carlov's face and the word "Good" in the top-left corner before you save it. It indicates that this is a picture that Carlov can sculpt. Now we don't have to be fumbling and praying that Carlov doesn't reject it because the whole body isn't in it.

I noticed that when I was playing the game yesterday.

I was just like "HALLELUJAH!" at the little stamp in the corner because it was something that made me just feel immediately relaxed.

And when I could submit as many photos as I wanted (up to 12), I thought I was going to pass out. The sidequest has become the best thing ever.

And if you miss a photo, you can get a tingle bottle that will show the missing photo (well, supposably), and you can save the image and take it to him!

I'm a little after the Forbidden Woods and I've noticed several odd changes in the graphics (besides the obvious HD upgrade).

First, the Forbidden Woods seems to be more lighted, which is sad because I liked the ominousness of it before. Also, the purple water inside the Woods is orange for some unknown reason. It just looks odd. The orange Warp Cauldron is now emitting yellow smoke instead of the previous orange.

The oddest one would have to be the Big Octos. Remember when you destroyed one of its eyes, it became black? Well, for some reason, they changed to where it glows light blue instead, even when you destroy them with bombs. I found that really weird.

Aside from that, I like how all the enemies eyes' glow in dark caves and at night.

I am a big fan of the original, as it is my favorite game of the series! I don't know if I will be getting this game though, as much as I would like to get it.

Vince McMahon said:
Wii_U_screenshot_Game_Pad_01435.jpg

this game is absolutely beautiful and i'm so glad i got it earlier today

Piece of Heart + Piece of heart + piece of heart + piece of heart = more life.

As tempting as the footage they showed at E3 was, this game isn't really a priority for me at the moment tbh. I'd rather not pay 50 dollars to play a game I already worked my ass off to beat once (seriously, it took me multiple years of on-and-off playing to beat it, from 3rd grade to 7th grade) just to play it with HD graphics.

For those of you that have it, how is it? Is there a lot of big changes? Does playing in HD make a big difference, and is it worth buying if you already beat the original?

I'm not a fan of playing games multiple times. I already know the puzzles, I know the twists, the adventure just isn't there any more. But, this game is stunningly beautiful. Everything just looks so enhanced. It's very worth it just for the visuals alone.

For some reason, Wind Waker is the #1 game for me in terms of replay value.

There is just so much to do, and I have never gotten a 100% on it, so it's like each time I aim to get to the 100%.

And even though, I just love the sidequests in that game. My favorite is the Island Trading Sequence, which I know how to do completely now after many trial and errors.

I mean, I've probably played Wind Waker like 12 times on my Gamecube, and who knows how many times I'm going to play it on my Wii U.

It is a little lengthy and contains some spoilers.

I decided to play a Zelda game after watching an LP of Majora’s Mask. Even if some suggested that I should play Ocarina of Time 3D I decided to play Wind Waker HD, because (if it may sound weird) I was intimidated by Link, since he looked very serious and scary, but Wind Waker Link looked happy.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is the first Zelda game I have played and beaten. I have to say that it is absolutely amazing with smooth combat, excellent items and dungeons, deep story and great plot, stunning and memorable music, and filled with secrets to create a great adventure that I’ll never forget. I like how you have the map displayed on the gamepad, so when I am sailing around and looking at the map, I feel like a real adventurer that is actually sailing on a boat and looking at my map to see where to sail. Links expressions always put a smile on my face. There was even a night, where I couldn’t sleep and had Hyrule Castle’s and the Cursed Great Sea theme playing in my head, while having Link sailing in stormy weather. I was restless to continue the game at that point, since I felt responsible to save people from the evil.

The intro had already melted my heart, and I was completely speechless during the final battle. When the game was over and the staff credits played I had tears dropping from my eyes, but still kept a smile on my face. Everything was blended together perfectly to create this masterpiece. There are just so many things I haven’t mentioned that are great, because it would take years to write it all.

And even when I am done I still have lots of questions. For example in the beginning of the game it said that the Hero of Time sealed the dark one away and gave the land light, but one day the great evil returned. People believed that the Hero of Time would save them again, but he did not appear. I was very sad, when I saw the intro for the first time and wondered why he never came back. I don’t want it spoiled, since I want to find out myself.

(All the things Link had to go through must have been really difficult. I have so much respect for him now.)

Well, that is sort of true. I actually have heard/seen the series before when I was little (only the name, not games) and I for some reason hated it. I only tolerated Mario things in games, but the weird thing was that I just ignored other games and series, but hated Zelda. I later just ignored it, because it was immature to jugde a book by its cover, and just pretended that I have never heard of it so I wouldn't make anyone angry.

I am not sure if I'm a Zelda fan, but I liked Wind Waker HD. I think that I still like the Mario series much more, but I have a weird feeling about Zelda. Maybe if I met others that like Zelda I could have a chance to become... a fan?

I've always wanted to play that Windwaker game on my GameCube but I never ever got around doing it

NaviLuma said:
Well, that is sort of true. I actually have heard/seen the series before when I was little (only the name, not games) and I for some reason hated it. I only tolerated Mario things in games, but the weird thing was that I just ignored other games and series, but hated Zelda. I later just ignored it, because it was immature to jugde a book by its cover, and just pretended that I have never heard of it so I wouldn't make anyone angry.

I am not sure if I'm a Zelda fan, but I liked Wind Waker HD. I think that I still like the Mario series much more, but I have a weird feeling about Zelda. Maybe if I met others that like Zelda I could have a chance to become... a fan?
You should try out more Link games to develop your own opinion. Just steer clear of the CD-i ones. :P

Ok, I think I will play Ocarina of Time 3D next, even if I am a little scared of Link.

Wait, There exists Zelda CD-i games!? I thought that there only was Hotel Mario. I will definitely not play those, but maybe watch the cutscenes, if they are like the Hotel Mario ones (and have lots of spaghetti).

The Zelda cdi games are much worse than Hotel Mario. Stay away from those abominations.

NaviLuma said:
Ok, I think I will play Ocarina of Time 3D next, even if I am a little scared of Link.
Go play it. You can't develop a solid opinion without playing it.

And don't be scared of Link. Link is simply a silent guy who sounds really funny when he's hurt.

Back