Control the Throne II

"Not on my watch!" Blue Koop tried to lash out at Fawful, but Madikoopa stopped him. "Fighting won't help us," she whispered in a low voice. "Remember that he's got a lot more resources than we do. We need to be ready." Reluctantly, the headstrong Koopa Troopa drew back, but he still glared hostilely at the threat. "You may have resources," snapped Blue Koops, "but we have nine venerable wizards that could stamp you out in an instant!"

Oh, no! Madikoopa thought. Why'd he say that? We don't have them anymore! Trying to cover up her anxiety, Madikoopa shouted at her former ally. "You'd best be off, Fawful, as they could be coming here any moment now," she said, utilizing the wizards as a threat. She prayed that Fawful didn't know of the incident with Dr. Javelin and would just go away, so that they could all go back to the Keep and make the plans for the throne's demise.

"Alright, but I need to test out my new upgrade to my ray gun. I tested it on a rock, and it worked as expected. The mode destroys whatever the gun is shot at. Who should I test it on?" Fawful said. He was tired of these people bossing him around even when he was going to have world domination.

Madikoopa looked nervously at Fawful's weapon, knowing that they were no match for it. Nevertheless, she didn't lose her defiant stance. "Why don't you test it on your face, so we don't have to look at the thing anymore?" she snapped, anxious to get back to the Keep. "It'd save everyone a lot of trouble from having to deal with you're incessant blabbering!" Blue Koop merely gritted his teeth, trying to contain his anger. They both knew that the safest thing to do was to return to Bowserpedia Keep, but it would appear as a cowardly move. And anyways, Madikoopa thought. We can't let Fawful know where our refuge is!

"Hahaha... I could say the same of you, Fawful... My name is Tyki Mikk, servant of the Earl. I have been following you. I think it is time for you to go to sleep...

Using Fawful's distraction as a chance to escape, the two Koopas ran as fast as they could in the direction of the Keep. "Wait!" Madikoopa hissed in an effort to stay quiet. Fawful might follow us if we go that way!" Realizing this was true, Blue Koop grabbed her arm and pulled her into a forest at the edge of the area.

Once they felt safe enough to slow down, they realized that in their urgency, they had landed themselves into the middle of the forest. Great, Madikoopa thought. Now we're lost. Trying to make light of the situation, she turned to Blue Koop. "Well, at least Fawful won't find us..." she smiled. Blue Koop merely grunted angrily. Madikoopa and her stupid wide-eyed optimism... he thought. Can't she tell that we need to get back to the Keep? We have a world to save... The two walked in silence as they tried to sort out where they were and how they could get out. By and by, they found a small cabin in the woods. "Should we go in?" Madikoopa wondered, half to Blue Koop and half to herself. Dismayed at the previous developments and feeling cynical as ever, Blue Koop snorted. "There's probably someone in there, and I doubt they'd let us in," he grumbled. Nevertheless, they approached the small residence and knocked on the door.

It was Gramma Red that answered.

"Gramma Green! We have customers! Oh, and you, please come in. Will you have some tea? Gramma Green is upstairs, you know...

Madikoopa smiled. "Thank you, you're very kind to let us in," she said politely, shooting an "I told you so" look at her friend. Blue Koop merely rolled his eyes, but followed Madikoopa in anyways.

Madikoopa was startled. Who is this? she panicked inside her head. Why is he here? "W-why should I?" she asked in a wavering voice. "Where is everyone?"

"Questions can be answered when we arrive. Come on!" Fawful replied. He used his normal spaceship for transportation to erase all connections to him. When they arrived in Fawful castle, Madikoopa was knocked out. When she awoke, she was tied to a chair in a small room with just one small light. And Fawful. "Welcome to my dungeon." Fawful said.

Madikoopa screamed for help, but they were alone. Then she recognized him. "Fawful!" she exclaimed. "What in the name of Poochy are you doing?!" She struggled against the ropes, but to no avail; she could not break free from her captor's dungeon. "Why am I here?" she asked, slowly regaining her composure.

"N-no," she stammered, knowing perfectly well that she was scared out of her mind, and that Fawful knew it too. "And anyways, you didn't answer my last question. Why am I here?"

Madikoopa rolled her eyes. "Hmm, I don't know. Why are you so intent on killing everyone for the throne? You're out there for the power, Fawful, and that's not right. I've tried to warn you numerous times about the throne, but you were too power-hungry to listen. Now would you please tell me why I'm here?!" Despite her fear, Madikoopa was beginning to become impatient; all of her plans had gone awry, and now she was tied up in Fawful's dungeon.

"The throne is possessed by a demon," sighed Madikoopa. "So we're trying to destroy it because we don't want anyone else intoxicated by its power. You, on the other hand, are trying to harness its power to rule the world. Meaning you want to rule us, unless you've somehow forgotten that we live on the same planet," she continued sarcastically. "If that's not betrayal, I don't know what is."

"Terrible," she said flatly. "Because I'm tired of being inserted into armies. And anyways, I wouldn't be much of a help to you," she said, trying to get around admitting how incredibly weak she was.

Back