Should I use Pair Up in Awakening

NSY

Celestial Guide
This question bugs me, should I use pair up in battle or not.

yes

if on normal, you don't need to
if you want a challenge, play without because pair up is a bad concept and i don't know why IS came up with it anyway.

it's very helpful but BUROKEN as shit.
i prefer the old system of stat boosting and affinities.

Ultraluigi said:
if you want a challenge, play without because pair up is a bad concept and i don't know why IS came up with it anyway.

i love it when archers and the like swarm my pegasus knights

it's not like pairing up would give them a fighting chance or protect them or anything

Kellam said:
Ultraluigi said:

i love it when archers and the like swarm my pegasus knights

it's not like pairing up would give them a fighting chance or protect them or anything
i meant, it doesn't work as a good mechanic. sure it helps you a lot, but it's just too powerful, especially combined with dual strike/dual guard.
in terms of usefulness it's probably the best in the series, but i'd prefer to actually think instead of charging ahead mindlessly.

If I use it though I get less tacks each turn.

nsymon said:
You do, but it will be worth it as dual strike/defend is incredibly useful.
There is one level I really reccomend NOT pairing up though unless you are a galeforce junkie
That being the Tiki side story

nsymon said:

pairing up is still waaaay better in the long run (as long as you pair up characters that can support, that is)

Phantom L said:
There is one level I really reccomend NOT pairing up though unless you are a galeforce junkie

how many units are you allowed on that one?

Yes because it gives them supports then they can sometimes get married and have a child who you can use and the children are all pretty good. And pair up gives stat boosts and other things like that.

idk whether this is relevant anymore but

Klavier Gavin said:

fyi that mission gives enough units to have all your units except one paired up AND still able to form a ring around tiki

Back