Have you ever corrupted/lost game data?

New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

I lost all of my data up to World 9 and man was I ticked.

Due to an error on my laptop all my game data of Spore and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 got deleted.

I lost one of my files on Minecraft once, my first world. Mainly because my laptop liked to suddenly break down, even when I had the highest of protection. Heck, I asked for a new hard-drive, since that one was obviously broken.

Err-Horrible laptops aside, I made the right choice with regards of saving Minecraft worlds, where I copied the file straight out of the saves, so my second world is now safe for future use, and my two other worlds that I was working on in college have been saved too. I've now got three worlds, two survival, one creative. Never gonna make that mistake again.

Too many...
Once my GameCube's memory card became completely corrupted all of a sudden, just before I got to the final boss in Luigi's Mansion.

And last year, when I moved from New York to Michigan, a giant mansion world I built in Minecraft was corrupted. I have no idea what happened, but something tells me it was the movers messing something up >:(

You should hire assassins to kill them, a know a really good guy

Suddenly, all of my data in Mario Party 8 were removed. I have no clue what happened.

Well, I had to send in my Wii to Nintendo when Brawl wasn't working at all, and I just kept getting an error when I played it. (which apparently it was because of the "dual layered" disc and stuff) and I had a chance of losing ALL my Wii's memory. Which would suck really bad. But luckily it was still all there.

My third-party GC memory card got corrupted many times. And a cheap SD card reader erased everything on my 3DS's SD card.

My Star Wars: The Force Unleashed save file is corrupted. I have accidently deleted my Lego Indiana Jones and Super Mario Galaxy 2 game files and had to restart in the past.

This sort of crud happened way too many times for me to count. I think I lost all my Wii data like 4 times

Oh and some of my Brawl images got corrupted on the SD card. That's nice.

My Gamecube Memory Card completely corrupted once. I got a new, third party one and it works fine.

I studied the problem and it turns out if you put your Gamecube Memory Card into your Wii and back to your Gamecube for some reason it simply corrupts. It's weird, and my original first party Memory Card is victim to it.

I was playing Pokemon Colosseum and it wiped my memory card because the Colosseum file was corrupt or something. I lost years of gaming memory.

I still haven't quite gotten over that.

I remember in Pokemon SoulSilver, it told me to shut down the system and take out the game card then reenter it. So I did, and everything was GONE. But the worst news is, I'm stuck with a Magikarp in my Poke Walker.

Quite a few times. It mainly happened with my Steam games when I was transferring laptops, but it also happened with some games like Guitar Hero Aerosmith and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (back in the day).

Exploded? :eek:

My Gamecube memory card got corrupted countless times when I was in Grade 1. It could only hold 59 blocks (I think it was a third-party one or something lol), and then I later found out that if there was too much space used on it, it would get corrupted. I lost Mario Party 4-7, Paper Mario: TTYD, Naruto Clash of Ninja 2, Mario Power Tennis and Super Mario Strikers data like several times. ;__;

Then, in Grade 3, I got a new Memory Card on my birthday and I've been using that since. I think it's able to hold a bit over 120 blocks? Don't remember the exact number, but this one hasn't been corrupted since. =P

I've only had corrupted data on the GameCube memory cards, but taking them out and blowing them seemed to fix it every time, which probably means the GameCube thinks specks of dirt is data corruption.

Turn on LeafGreen to transfer my mons(multiple level 70+ including my very first Pokemon.)

Corrupts

Many tears are shed this day

I made the mistake of shutting off my GameBoy Advance while Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga was saving. I was on the part where Luigi is on the repaired Koopa Cruiser, and I wanted to test something that wouldn't be possible if I saved there, so I shut it off as an effort to stop that save. Unfortunately, instead of just not saving, it deleted my whole file. I was pissed.

I'm currently playing The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, which means I encounter corrupt savegames like, every three days or so. Fun.

Back