Have you ever corrupted/lost game data?

I have a old memory card, that if you save anything on it, it gets corrupted. I lost quite a lot of data with that thing, especially when it started happening, it was my only memory card. Everything that was already on it was fine, It only corrupted when you saved so I didn't lose everything.

I didn't transfer over any pc games when I switched labtops (Except a couple Minecraft saves), so I lost all progress in Terraria, Super Meat Boy, Swords and Soldier, Dwarf Fortress, etc.

I've also accidentally corrupted a few saves for ps2 games when I was younger because I didn't really understand what had caused them. Now I'm pretty careful to make sure that never happened, so I really have corrupted or lost data. (Though I almost lost my DA:O data while I was fighting the final boss, but that was only partially my fault. I mean who knew that if you left a Ps3 on for slightly less than 24 hours it might freeze on you. Or that it would eventually accumulate enough dust that it needs to be cleaned.)

I decided one day to actually try to make a run at the only main series Pokemon game I ever owned: Pokemon Yellow. But then the save file corrupted before I got to the 3rd Gym. Shame too, I would of actually tried to finish a full fledged Pokemon adventure for once. :V

My GameCube memory card got corrupted once. Every game I owned was deleted. I have quite a few games, too. Luckily, I managed to get back to where I was on all my games, some even farther.

well my brother broke my ps2 memory card which had over like

1000 hours of gaming.

also i think i did a lot power off while saving too

im really impatient

I tried to play PiT, and it said that an error had occurred. And the worst part was on one of my files, I had got to PRINCESS SHROOB!!!

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I made the mistake of shutting off my GameBoy Advance while Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga was saving. I was on the part where Luigi is on the repaired Koopa Cruiser, and I wanted to test something that wouldn't be possible if I saved there, so I shut it off as an effort to stop that save. Unfortunately, instead of just not saving, it deleted my whole file. I was pissed.

Basically this, but instead of shutting it off, my game froze while it was saving. Thankfully I wasn't that far into the game, but it was annoying to have to restart all over again.

Well, I was playing on my cousin's Gamecube before he gave it to me, so I was playing NFSMW, I had played through the entire game and I had just beaten the final boss. Then when the game went to save, it froze, with the autosave icon still on screen.

So my file was corrupted. I was quite pissed at the fact that it froze at that exact moment but at least I could say I beat it, I would just miss the ending (turns out there's actually a little more to do afterwards as I found out the second time I played through it). But not only did it corrupt my save, it corrupted everything on the *bleep*ing card. The card itself wasn't corrupt, I could still use it, but everything on it was.

I knew I was in some deep crap, but it just so happened that said cousin had already changed his focus from Nintendo to Microsoft, so he never found out luckily.

And another thing happened where I was trying to play SA2B with my brother and because I was trying to use a wireless Xbox controller with my wired PC one, the system got confused and deleted my save for god knows what reason. I did end up getting back to where I was, I only had 68 emblems (most of which just so happened to be the hardest missions in the game, A-Ranked. Arrrgh...)

I turned my DS on one time and SM64DS lost all it's Data for some reason.

I don't really care though.

Back