NINTENDO NEWS THREAD

Olaf said:
Too much talk on the eShop.

No SMT X FE I am disappointed.

not surprised at all, most people dont even know about smt x fe.

well that was a nice direct. the parts that interested me:
got a release date for kirby triple deluxe
over a year after they were anounced, gba games are FINALLY coming to virtual console
smash bros. newcomer announcement

i think there might be more but i've forgotten some of it

Hotaru Tomoe said:
well that was a nice direct. the parts that interested me:
got a release date for kirby triple deluxe
over a year after they were anounced, gba games are FINALLY coming to virtual console
smash bros. newcomer announcement

i think there might be more but i've forgotten some of it

i agree, although im still up for x and bayonetta 2 as the interesting parts.

Bayonetta was pretty good and x just looks wonderful.

GalacticPetey said:
X looks very interesting.

It's not a sequel to Xenoblade is it? I haven't gotten to play that.

i dont think so, but ive not played xenoblade and dont know much about x.

i missed most of X because my mum asked me to do something for her, and bayonetta was like "i have no idea what's happening" so that's why i didn't mention them

i suppose this is the part where i advertise doing a replay of the direct so there's that

http://instasynch.com/rooms/GutsehMan

yeah, replay direct as in RIGHT NOW

Hotaru Tomoe said:
i missed most of X because my mum asked me to do something for her, and bayonetta was like "i have no idea what's happening" so that's why i didn't mention them

well the bayonetta 2 trailer is kind of bad.

But i was interested in it because the first one was a very nice game with a very awesome battle system.

Story and characters are kinda wonky but it was fun to play. I expect the same out of its sequel.

Hotaru Tomoe said:
Yeah the Bayonetta trailer looked cool but not something I'd expect everyone to follow, especially without playing the first game.

I don't know why people are disapointed, I wanted some Smash and Bayonetta news and got them, plus I'm picking Inazuma Eleven off the eShop right now, it was a pleasant surprise.

I'm just happy that Kirby finally got a release date, although it's so far away. Why does it even need to take that long to localize is anyone's guess. A shame it's going to probably lose sales thanks to releasing it right next to Mario Golf for some dumb reason. Why does Nintendo like to scrunch them together? At least a week apart is good enough.

i think this nintendo direct will be ruining my pay.

So many games. At least it will be a long time before i get a wii u though, so theres that.

Dracomon said:
Good direct, but no Zelda. Eh, didn't expect it anyways.
wait for e3 then we can both board the hype train

Purple Yoshi said:
...well, that sucked. Where are all the new Wii U games, Nintendo? Seriously, I was waiting for them to say SOMETHING, but all they talked about were the games we already knew. And no Yarn Yoshi, either.
Whilst I'm fine with stuff we know, I really want more Yarn Yoshi information.

Purple Yoshi said:
...well, that sucked. Where are all the new Wii U games, Nintendo? Seriously, I was waiting for them to say SOMETHING, but all they talked about were the games we already knew. And no Yarn Yoshi, either.
You have NES Remix 2, what else do you want?!

Anyway, Nintendo didn't promise new games this Direct, the only thing promised was X, Bayonetta and Smash trailers and we got them.

Xpike said:
Purple Yoshi said:

i think nes remix 2's selection of games looks better than the first one's. now i'm kinda regretting buying the first, but oh well :P

Xpike said:
Purple Yoshi said:

Anyway, Nintendo didn't promise new games this Direct, the only thing promised was X, Bayonetta and Smash trailers and we got them.

I don't really care about that. Plus, I heard it was basically a glorified Virtual Console advertisement.

It's just that the Wii U is lacking in games right now, and it would be great to know that there was something else coming. I guess they're waiting for E3 or something?

Purple Yoshi said:
Xpike said:
Purple Yoshi said:

I don't really care about that. Plus, I heard it was basically a glorified Virtual Console advertisement.

It's just that the Wii U is lacking in games right now, and it would be great to know that there was something else coming. I guess they're waiting for E3 or something?
It was sarcasm :p

Honestly if Nintendo doesn't go all out at E3, then the Wii U is as good as dead, because Mario Kart and Smash are not enough, and only the hardcore care about X and Bayonetta, but they are not system sellers.

Ah, ok.

Although, honestly, Nintendo isn't stupid. They KNOW the Wii U isn't doing well, they've known it for months. They clearly have SOME sort of plan to try and turn their fortunes around. We just don't know what it is.

yeah yeah, i know, 6 month bump, but i feel like we NEED this thread

it just sort of... died, right before MK8, smash bros, AND tomodachi life directs

and now, with a special hyrule warriors direct at 8:00PM PT (pm, not am) this coming monday (10:00PM CST), i feel like we're getting a month of directs similar to april, so i'm super-duper bumping it

besides even if we don't, it's nice to stay on top of info :P

MidnaFreak said:
THE LEGENDARY THREAD IS BACK.

i reread the whole thread just now :P

kind of a silly thing to do, but it's really interesting seeing all these press releases and stuff, wondering "was it really that long ago when.."

Back