Favorite non-Mario racing games

The stupid start up boost (I am a lefty so it wasn't really an issue to accelerate)
The boring pop the balloons touch screen minigame thing replacing silver coins (I never liked silver coins much anyway)
Grinding for coins to buy parts
Weird voices (I never understood why they changed it when the original ones will do)
Different music (they didn't really need to change it)
Plane acceleration parts are worthless
Only the speed parts matter
Banjo and Conker missing due to Rare not being there anymore.

There may be more

Kirby_Air_Ride.JPG

Well, what the hell, nobody mentioned Kirby Air Ride. You guys disappoint me.

i would have if the game actually had more tracks and had more than one city.

Although game is pretty glorious anyway.

Mario Party X said:
Kirby_Air_Ride.JPG

I got the game at GameStop early last year and have only played it twice. It hasn't really interested me enough at all for me to label it a favorite of mine. I honestly don't know why, it's just not that...engaging and it kinda gives me a headache after a while.

Mario Party X said:
Kirby_Air_Ride.JPG

*headdesk*

How can I forget this gem too! >:[

*hits self with hammer*

SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed and (to a lesser extent) Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing are pretty great alternatives to Mario Kart.

Sonic Riders Zero Gravity is pretty interesting as well. You definitely need to know the level layouts though, otherwise you'll have no chance beating anybody. Diddy Kong Racing was a pretty great N64 racing game too.

God, there are so many.

Crash Team Racing
Toy Story Racer
South Park Racing
Kirby's Air Ride
Sonic Riders and Zero Gravity
SEGA & Sonic All-Stars Racing
Woody Wood Pecker Racing
Diddy Kong Racing
Some wave racing game. IDK what it's called specifically.

I've no idea if there are more(maybe).

I'm no racing genre lover... I just find racing games in general to be enjoyable if executed properly...

Need for Speed, All Stars Racing + Transformed, Modnation Racers, and, to a lesser extent, F-Zero every Sonic Riders game (yes, even that one on Kinect).

I've been meaning to play F-Zero X and F-Zero GX, I hear the latter can get very, very hard, so I'm up to the challenge.

SKmarioman said:
I've been meaning to play F-Zero X and F-Zero GX, I hear the latter can get very, very hard, so I'm up to the challenge.

Damn straight it can. The Story Mode especially.

I'm quite a fan of the F1 games, me and my mate play it every time I go over his.

My personal best achievements on it are eother barrel rolling the car in Monza, or hitting the Korean put lane at such an angle that I flipped over it.

Gran Turismo. The games have more content and replay value than any other racing games I've played.

Wave Race 64 and ATV Offroad Fury 2 deserve honorable mentions.

Back