Were You Diagnosed With Any Disorders?

I have autism. Luckily it's high-functioning so I'm not a big duh.

some moronic kindergarten teacher tried to have me diagnosed with ADHD

it turns out i was just bored because her class was stupidly easy and i was already past all that stuff

the only real health thing i have is a heart murmur, and it's benign so it doesn't really matter

Dr. Javelin said:
some moronic kindergarten teacher tried to have me diagnosed with ADHD

it turns out i was just bored because her class was stupidly easy and i was already past all that stuff

the only real health thing i have is a heart murmur, and it's benign so it doesn't really matter
Speaking of benign disorders, apparently I have a low resting heart rate. Which is common in athletes

and psychopaths :yoshi:

Oh yeah, and I also have OCD.

MKGirlism said:
BMB, read the previous page, most of us have already said what kind of Autism we all have.
And I even gave a broader decro about that.

There are a lot of different types of Autism and Aspergers, 100s maybe. We all have a form of Autism and Aspergers, but what I was saying is that I doubt that we all have the same exact type of Autism/Aspergers.

I have exercise induced asthma, which basically means that if I run a lot or sprint for about 5 seconds I get really out of breath and have kinda a hard time breathing.

But it's really not a big deal, so I'm okay with it.

Puddin said:
I've had extensive psych evals and I do public speaking about mental illness. Currently they think I suffer from bipolar disorder but it's hard for me to agree after having my diagnosis change so many times. (Reposting because I removed my post earlier.)

MKGirlism said:
I do have a feeling, that I'm the only one without a Facebook Account, though.
Lakituthequick said:
You're not the only one, I hate Facebook too.
85 said:
*raises hand*
Hideyoshi said:
idem ditto.
I recently deactivated my fourth and fifth Facebook accounts. (I made a Facebook account and deactivated it three times before that.) It's really troubling to me how people respond when they ask me if I have a Facebook and I say I don't.
yeah me too

although i suppose i should at least try it to see if it's any useful

Do any of YOU have HF autism or OCD? Because if you do, we have just the cure for you! JK
But seriously, do you?

Cervantes said:
I have exercise induced asthma, which basically means that if I run a lot or sprint for about 5 seconds I get really out of breath and have kinda a hard time breathing.
I've got the exact same thing.

I've been officially diagnosed with ADHD. The symptoms of it really started showing when I was in high school, where I got pretty awful grades even though the vast majority of teachers called me "smart" and "capable". I've been on meds such as Focalin and Ritalin, but I can't get myself to take them since they're too weak or they make me lose my appetite.

It's not unusual to see other people with ADHD here. We love video games because it promotes quick reaction time and it's instantly rewarding. I wish teachers and parents can see why we can't focus in class but we can focus in video games.

Even "ADHD" is a misnomer. It's not that we're paying attention to nothing, we're actually paying attention to everything. We can't keep focus on one thing, so we are usually wandering around lost in thought. And ADHD is not lack of attention: it's rather lack of the control of attention. We can't focus in school, but we can stay hours occupied on something we love.

One thing bugs me is how people think ADHD is people bouncing off the walls and general misbehavior. It's not. I can keep still. It's just that my mind and impulses are hyperactive.

BMB, Aspergers = A form of Autism (but not the other way around), so I wouldn't separate them in 2 categories.
And there can't be 100s of people on one page, every page has only 20 Posts.

MKGirlism said:
BMB, Aspergers = A form of Autism (but not the other way around), so I wouldn't separate them in 2 categories.
And there can't be 100s of people on one page, every page has only 20 Posts.

1 - I was putting a / next to them to show that they are the same, just with a slight difference in name and category.

2 - I wasn't talking about people, I was talking about diagnosis! There isn't just Aspergers/Autism, just like there isn't just one type of flu or cold. There is different types that means that I don't have type of Aspergers as you do MKGirlism, just like you don't have the same time of Aspergers as NSY has. That was why I said that we don't all have the same type of Aspergers/Autism!

I have PDD-NOS, not Aspergers.

But while people say Aspergers are usually the intelligent people, they also say the ones with PDD-NOS are the 'lower Leveled' ones.
But I can name a few fellow PDD-NOSers on this Forum (including myself) to prove it otherwise.

Okay as far as I know, none have succeeded into higher educational Levels, but who the fuck cares?
I'm better in learning through doing stuff, than through reading stuff, and I guess the other PDD-NOSers here have the same thing.

MKGirlism said:
Okay as far as I know, none have succeeded into higher educational Levels, but who the *bleep* cares?
I'm better in learning through doing stuff, than through reading stuff, and I guess the other PDD-NOSers here have the same thing.

I, with ADHD, completely understand your troubles and I have the same troubles too: i prefer doing stuff than actually reading stuff.

I wouldn't really see it as a trouble, more like an advantage for your actual job.

I mean, I once even had to completely build up an entire Symantec Server (Anti-Virus deployment) from scratch, and I had no fucking clue how to do that.
Once I finished it, I knew every single thing about this, and now, 3 years later, I'm still capable to re-build it exactly the way I did, back then.

Any other person who got a similar task at the same company did read the manuals, but still don't know how to do that without manuals, even though they've done the same task 3 or more times.

Well it's a trouble when you're in high school where they expect you to sit through like 6 hours just reading or listening without any sort of tactile things.

In that case, it's true.
At the University, I had 2 types of lessons: Lectures and Working Classes.
During the Lectures, you were simply listening to the teachers, while watching a PowerPoint, PDF, or Google Docs Presentation, with humour included (amount depends on teacher).
During the Working Classes, you were either working on an assignment, or working for your Exams.

Some lessons (like Maths 1/2/3/4, Study Planning, Writing Skills 1/2, Graphics Technology Fundamentals 2, and Game Design Fundamentals) had Lectures and Working Classes combined into 1 thing.

There is still a bit of reading involved, but not as much as in a Secondary School.

anxiety issues.
people used to think i had adhd, but that was proven false.

In my case, I believe it was my ADHD that made it so difficult for me in school which eventually led me to not caring if I failed or not.

I tried my best but...I kept failing. It only seems natural I would become to not give a shit.

Since everyone is different... I am a visual learner. I can learn and memorize things if there is a presentation. Just doing or reading something doesn't cut it for me. I used to only read about psychology but now I'm actually WATCHING STUFF PERTAINING TO IT and it seems to be helping.

Also, just for references sake, I haven't taken my meds since my New Year's Resolution 2012. It was a bad idea, obviously, but now I can control myself more without the need for it. And I accept the losses that happened. I'd rather live a life not taking medication, honestly.

Back