Were You Diagnosed With Any Disorders?

Unknown Entity

The Lost Soul
Yes. Since 2nd grade I've had ADHD, OCD and tourettes.

Later on in life, I was then diagnosed with anxiety and depression.

Whilst not diagnosed with either anti-social disorder and insomnia, I know I have both. I've also started to notice some mood swings within me lately. I get paranoid rather easily too.

not been diagnosed with anything, but I get really anxious and paranoid really easily

I've been diagnosed with a "High functioning form of Aspergers", which is already a high functioning form of Autism.

To be honest, I think I'm a bit misdiagnosed; one doctor told me that, and one didn't, so who knows. It sucks though because then people - like your parents - look at you differently because of a few words.

Also, it does seem that a lot of people on this site have Aspergers or Autism, which is very interesting...

I do believe there is a connection to it and Video Games, or anything creative. A lot of people like that seem to really enjoy things like Video Games, art, music, etc. more than others.

cryoAwakening said:
I've been diagnosed with a "High functioning form of Aspergers", which is already a high functioning form of Autism.

To be honest, I think I'm a bit misdiagnosed; one doctor told me that, and one didn't, so who knows. It sucks though because then people - like your parents - look at you differently because of a few words.

Also, it does seem that a lot of people on this site have Aspergers or Autism, which is very interesting...

I do believe there is a connection to it and Video Games, or anything creative. A lot of people like that seem to really enjoy things like Video Games, art, music, etc. more than others.

You just noticed this stuff now? Anyway, it's probably because things like that don't require as much social interaction. I mean, sure, you could say there's multiplayer and stuff, but it really isn't the same thing.

And I think I have some form of ADD. It really doesn't affect me, though. All it means for me is that I have trouble concentrating sometimes.

cryoAwakening said:

narrow range of interests ftw

Migraines. I get sensitive to both light and sound and there's some pain but I can usually manage it with medication. If I get a bad one though I get nauseous and sometimes pass out on top of the pain and sensitivity. Getting one of those at work is a bitch.

ThreeThousand said:
Migraines. I get sensitive to both light and sound and there's some pain but I can usually manage it with medication. If I get a bad one though I get nauseous and sometimes pass out on top of the pain and sensitivity. Getting one of those at work is a bitch.
same actually. can't handle long car rides. it's genetic because my grandma and my aunt have it too

autistic schizophrenia (the two below pretty much fit in this though)
severe depression
tactile hallucinations
juvenile myoclonic seizures(pretty sure thats how you spell it)
sleep apnea

I was born with the autism, which i didnt know about until i was 19.

I had the depression since i was 11, the hallucinations occur a few years later, the seizures didnt happen untill i was like ...16 i think.

I was diagnosed with the first three when i went to the hospital at the age of 19. seizures and sleep apnea was diagnosed a few years back.

I'd be happy to share my experiences that involve "psychotic/disturbing/whatever episodes" in my life starting with 2007.

2007: Was 12/13 years old at this time. Got tired of taking my meds and was without them for a long period of time. Whilst in school I apparently had delusions and paranoia of a female student "talking shit about me" and I stabbed her with a pencil. This eventually led to me into a mental institution. Needless to say that experience scarred me and I became a different person since. I also lost the respect of my "Grandma" because of this. She's a bitch anyway and no one likes her in my family.

2008: I became a whiny emo and started cutting myself. After that stupid phase I was much more social with people. Very kind, caring, shy sort of person who hated evil things.

2009: Only real thing to note here is I had an internet girlfriend for one month. She was a schizophrenic apparently and this ultimately got me into wanting to learn about psychology.

Nothing of note at all in 2010.

2011: Although I wasn't in a public school at this time I was taking online courses but my motivation to take it seriously was not there and I eventually just got out of school altogether. Once that happened, though...my personality took a drastic change. I isolated myself from the world beginning in September 2011 to about November 2011. I literally starved myself and stayed in my room. My mom was surprised when I finally decided to come down and go somewhere.

2012: This is the worst year of my life. I am not going into detail of every single fucking stupid shit that happened. All's I can say is what happened in this year is how I became the asshole douche I am today who doesn't give a shit about most of anything anymore. I used to strive for something but when "friendly support" cut its ties with me... I just...lost my mind.

2013: Here we are. I gave myself one more chance at a "friendship" with the former admin H-J of MPL... But dumbshit happened again and I now have trust issues with people. After this event, I became a sadist and masochist. BTW. I started cutting myself again but stopped once more. This time with deeper cuts that are stuck to my being for the rest of my life.

Trust me. There is way more to it than this. I just don't want to get into it. I could make a fucking book with the shit that's happened in my life.

cryoAwakening said:

And here I am. No medical reason to being a complete nerd, I just like video games.

I've not been formally diagnosed with anything but I have really bad anger issues(which IMO because of personal experience is more of a blessing than a curse, though it is still a curse in many ways.) and can get pretty paranoid.

It is funny how a lot of people on this forum have autism, it really shows that it isn't obvious, and that there is really no difference between autistic people and non-autistic people and because of this when people talk about autism as it is some sort of alien thing, it bothers me. I'm an idiot though why do i know.

Well, I'm actually a very social person in real life, which is why I think I'm misdiagnosed because the doctor told me I had this high form of aspergers after knowing me for like an hour and asking me questions about random shit.

And then everyone flips out on you because now they have no idea what you have, and then you have your parents trying to get you special treatment. Seriously; I was almost allowed to take the ACT with a longer time period so that I wasn't pressured, and I denied it because I'm already in all these Honors and AP classes, and the first time I got a 25. My GPA went down a bit because of some difficult classes I was taking and all the extra-cirriculum class, and they were trying to get me a friggin aid to help me out, even though my GPA was still at a 3.75.

It's why I hate being seen differently because of it. I am in no way hindered by my "diagnosis" and I really don't tell people it unless I'm getting to know someone on a personal level. I mean really, "Hi, I'm Tim, I'm autistic!" is not a good topic starter.

I think the worse thing is when you have it, and then you know someone else at your school that has the same diagnosis, but their situation is not as "high functioning" as yours, and then you start to judge yourself like "is this how people see me as?" Like, I have a cousin that is very autistic, and he could not live on his own without an aid and whenever my parents read something on facebook about a story of something autism, they want to comment on it saying "reminds me of my son".

I'm sorry; I got a little sidetracked with this rant, but I really never get this chance in real life.

I'm not diagnosed, but my parents and consellers think that I have a mild form of High functioning Aspergers/Autism. I have done online tests and they all the scores are what people usually get if they are diagnosed with those disorders. However, it is fairly mild and nothing which majorly affects my daily life.

Unknown Entity said:

Whilst not diagnosed with either anti-social disorder and insomnia, I know I have both. I've also started to notice some mood swings within me lately. I get paranoid rather easily too.
wow. just. wow. i feel kinda bad for you. anyway, both neptune and i have regular autism.

It's funny how I was planning on making this Thread yesterday, and suddenly, you Ninja'd me before even starting.

Anyway, I have Autism, from the category PDD-NOS.
I also have a little bit of Gilles de lá Tourette, but that's almost none.

I hate it when people think Autistic people are just useless headbangers with no emotions, and don't talk at all.
In fact, most Autists are very smart people, and have an advantage of being able to work like machines.

I do lack some features any other Autist has, like I don't care about structure, I don't care on what time I do anything (I prefer to do stuff whenever I feel like doing), I don't mind many changes, etc.

Autism like BMB, LTQ, Zae, Yami and maybe Lily.

I don't get why so many people have it here. I also have an cousin that has Autism. (very young)

Hideyoshi said:
Unknown Entity said:

wow. just. wow. i feel kinda bad for you. anyway, both neptune and i have regular autism.
uh how do you know Neptune has autism.

Ooh, also I had this weird irregular heartbeat thing. I don't know what exactly it is, but it's called WPW. I had some procedure, and it's not potentially life-threatening anymore, but it counts, right?

MKGirlism said:
It's funny how I was planning on making this Thread yesterday, and suddenly, you Ninja'd me before even starting.

Anyway, I have Autism, from the category PDD-NOS.
I also have a little bit of Gilles de lá Tourette, but that's almost none.

I hate it when people think Autistic people are just useless headbangers with no emotions, and don't talk at all.
In fact, most Autists are very smart people, and have an advantage of being able to work like machines.

I do lack some features any other Autist has, like I don't care about structure, I don't care on what time I do anything (I prefer to do stuff whenever I feel like doing), I don't mind many changes, etc.
god i hate it when people do that.

is this just for mental disorders, or does it also include physical medical disorders too? Because I was born with:
-transposition of the great arteries ~ my great arteries of the heart were coming from the wrong ventricles, and going to the wrong places, which was preventing my blood from being oxygenated and distributed to the body.
-ventricular septal defect ~ a big hole in my heart that connected the ventricles, causing the blood from each to flow into each other.
-pulmonary stenosis ~ my pulmonary valve was thickened and narrowed to a point where it couldn't open and close properly, which was preventing an adequate blood through into the pulmonary artery which furthered the oxygenation problems.

nice simplified description

had surgery for all this as a toddler, but they punctured my pulmonary valve to relocate the arteries to the right spot, so I'd been living with adequate but less-than-average blood flow into the lungs for about 15 years until they cut me open again last year to put a pig's valve in. I've had a fun life.

if this isn't for physical medical disorders, then oops. My parents have been considering getting me diagnosed for depression, but we've never gotten around to it, and I seem to be fine so eh.

Purple Yoshi said:
Ooh, also I had this weird irregular heartbeat thing. I don't know what exactly it is, but it's called WPW. I had some procedure, and it's not potentially life-threatening anymore, but it counts, right?
simplified, that means you have (or had, I guess, if you had the procedure) two electrical currents happening in your heart instead of one. The interaction between these two currents can sometimes cause irregularities in heart rate, typically by bouncing off each other to cause more beats than is necessary (sometimes a ludicrous amount), but yeah, it's not really anything too serious.

NSY said:

Well, I have no idea what kind of Autism LTQ, Zae, Yami, Lily, and you have.

I mean, everyone has a different kind of Autism, and I doubt I have the same kind of diagnosis that most of the people you name have.

I've also was diagnosed with Depression about 14 months ago, but it was like "Meeting A you have depression; Meeting B you don't have depression anymore."

NSY said:

I don't get why so many people have it here. I also have an cousin that has Autism. (very young)

Hideyoshi said:
Unknown Entity said:

uh how do you know Neptune has autism.
someone in a thread i made said something offensive about autism and he said that people with autism, including himself, could take that as offensive. and he wasnt joking around.

The funny thing is the reason they found out about this was because they had to check before they put me on the ADD medication, because apparently it's a stimulant and that wouldn't be very good for me.

So I find out about a physical disorder...while being diagnosed for a mental disorder.

BMB, read the previous page, most of us have already said what kind of Autism we all have.
And I even gave a broader decro about that.

Back