Were You Diagnosed With Any Disorders?

I actually don't have any disorders, mental or physical. I'm lucky, I guess.

I was diagnosed with High-functioning autism when I was seven (?) years old. But I think that it's not a big problem anymore.

I have been diagnosed with dyspraxia and exhibits some of the most common symptoms (poor hand/eye coordination, bad short-term memory, difficulties structuring my speech coherently... etc).

I don't think I've got anything, though I've always had this lingering feeling that I do. Probably don't, but eh.

I've been diagnosed with Selective Mutism, Social Anxiety Disorder, and Depression. (They wanted to put me on Prozac. Hell no that has a black box warning.) I went to therapy too, but that all ended with my therapist moved out of state. I've showing some slight improvement as the years go by, but I'm afraid all that confidence I built up would be destroyed when I start College in September.

When I was ten years old I misdiagnosed with Restless Leg Syndrome. I had a leg spasm/seizure thing which later on led to a brain scan, MRI, and all they could find was just sinus.

I also have patella pain sydrome and physical therapy is useless as shit and can't fix it. A poor immune system thanks to that I had a lot of infections over the years.

Never been diagnosed, but I have ADHD and Aspergers.

MKGirlism said:
I hate it when people think Autistic people are just useless headbangers with no emotions, and don't talk at all.
In fact, most Autists are very smart people, and have an advantage of being able to work like machines.
^There's nothing I hate more than people saying "oh that person is autistic", implying that they're fucking retards who can't do anything.

Still, I surprising at how many people in the community are autistic :\

I used to be kind of quiet and introverted in elementary school, but not so much anymore. I mean, I'm not the kind of person who yells out in class, but still....

Lakituthequick said:
NSY said:
I don't get why so many people have it here.
Maybe because (like me) people aren't socially that great and look for a refuge on the Internet.
Yeah, everyone who doesn't have Autism all hang out on Facebook, which is where most of my friends at school go.

And BMB, I have Aspergers like you.

NSY said:
Lakituthequick said:
NSY said:
I don't get why so many people have it here.
Maybe because (like me) people aren't socially that great and look for a refuge on the Internet.
Yeah, everyone who doesn't have Autism all hang out on Facebook, which is where most of my friends at school go.
That's not exactly what I ment, but okay, close enough.

cryoAwakening said:
NSY said:
Autism like BMB, LTQ, Zae, Yami and maybe Lily.

Well, I have no idea what kind of Autism LTQ, Zae, Yami, Lily, and you have.

I mean, everyone has a different kind of Autism, and I doubt I have the same kind of diagnosis that most of the people you name have.

I've also was diagnosed with Depression about 14 months ago, but it was like "Meeting A you have depression; Meeting B you don't have depression anymore."

Now I don't know you IRL, but I could not see you as a very depressed person at all. >.>

While I bloody hate Facebook, there's no denying possible about the fact, that almost the entire world has Facebook, Autistic or not.
I do have a feeling, that I'm the only one without a Facebook Account, though.

Nope, I don't have it.

I was diagnosed with a kidney disorder when I was 6. My kidneys filter out all the regular things, but they also filter out protein.

Yoshi876 said:
I was diagnosed with a kidney disorder when I was 6. My kidneys fall out all the time

somehow i read this and got really confused

I can see why, but don't worry as I far as I know they don't fall out.

MKGirlism said:
While I bloody hate Facebook, there's no denying possible about the fact, that almost the entire world has Facebook, Autistic or not.

I don't talk, comment and like on FB, I just read video game news on FB

I never click "like" for 3 years from now

MKGirlism said:
You're not the only one, I hate Facebook too.

Lakituthequick said:
MKGirlism said:
idem ditto.

I've had extensive psych evals and I do public speaking about mental illness. But it's hard for after having my diagnosis change so many times. (Reposting because I removed my post earlier.)

MKGirlism said:
Lakituthequick said:
85 said:
*raises hand*
Hideyoshi said:
idem ditto.
I recently deactivated my fourth and fifth Facebook accounts. (I made a Facebook account and deactivated it three times before that.) It's really troubling to me how people respond when they ask me if I have a Facebook and I say I don't.

EDIT: Update, I re-enabled my Facebook.

I didn't expect this many already.
Awesome!

I don't have any real disorders. I can't really stay still, but there's no official diagnosis of anything.

Back