why does everyone love gen 1 of pokemon so much

Awesome Koopa said:
NostalgiaGoggles.png

Haha, that's funny! But anyways, as it was mentioned before, I believe it is nostalgia for most people. The people at my school also say that other generations are too weird. Pokemon always looked weird, from Generation 1. Personally my favorite is Generation 2 and Johto. The Pokemon, IMO, are collectively the best and balanced, it's the only region where I like all the starters, the gyms are the best, and it is my favorite seasons of the anime.

I guess you can call me a gentwoer or however you would say that.

My favorite generation is II. But I think some of you are being a bit harsh toward everyone who likes gen I. Yes, genwunners who are obnoxious and elitist about their opinion are horrible, but don't trash someone's opinion just because gen I is their favorite, regardless of their reasons.

It isn't bad that Gen I is their favorite, it's bad that they trash all the other 5 gens calling them shit and calling the pokemon unoriginal.

schmutz said:
My favorite generation is II. But I think some of you are being a bit harsh toward everyone who likes gen I. Yes, genwunners who are obnoxious and elitist about their opinion are horrible, but don't trash someone's opinion just because gen I is their favorite, regardless of their reasons.

I highly doubt we're being harsh

People are allowed to voice their opinions on someone else's opinion, without that, people would have to agree with everything, and therefore have the same opinion on everything.

If everyone agreed on everything in the world, then the world would have been over millions of years ago

Purple Yoshi said:
2. Check the Pokemon X and Y video about the new Mewtwo form. Actually, ANY video about the new Mewtwo form.
does anyone actually like the new mewtwo form

i mean seriously, gen vi looks interesting but the new mewtwo form looks so terrible

Dr. Javelin said:
Purple Yoshi said:
2. Check the Pokemon X and Y video about the new Mewtwo form. Actually, ANY video about the new Mewtwo form.

i mean seriously, gen vi looks interesting but the new mewtwo form looks so terrible

I don't mind it. I mean, I never really liked Mewtwo in the first place, so it's not really ruining MY childhood.

Purple Yoshi said:
I don't mind it. I mean, I never really liked Mewtwo in the first place, so it's not really ruining MY childhood.
but

but

eclair form looks like this stupid fairy thing, that's evil

or something

classic no, REAL mewtwo is all like "i exist only to bring PAIN" or something. he's just more intimidating, i guess, which is a much better look than this dumb fairy thing.

Dr. Javelin said:
Purple Yoshi said:
but

but

eclair form looks like this stupid fairy thing, that's evil

or something

classic no, REAL mewtwo is all like "i exist only to bring PAIN" or something. he's just more intimidating, i guess, which is a much better look than this dumb fairy thing.

Because, as we all know, classic Mewtwo is always better. I mean, this new form just made me realise how STUPID original Mewtwo looks. I mean, come on, why does it have little balls for fingers?

And, also, if something looks like a 'stupid fairy thing', it is automatically bad.

Dr. Javelin said:
Purple Yoshi said:

I do. I mean, it's not the best design ever but it's far from terrible.

Mewtwo's new form is what I call "superfluous additions"

the new mewtwo form looks like a super saiyin or something from DB

nah its totally super saiyan

look at his golden hair and all

Hideyoshi said:
really. the pokemon are kind of meh, the glitches were everywhere, the split between what types are special and which are not is weird(physical shadow ball im looking at you) some pokemon are really broken, and the list goes on and on and on....
Actually Shadow Ball wasn't in gen 1, it was created in gen 2.

Ephraim said:
Hideyoshi said:
really. the pokemon are kind of meh, the glitches were everywhere, the split between what types are special and which are not is weird(physical shadow ball im looking at you) some pokemon are really broken, and the list goes on and on and on....
Actually Shadow Ball wasn't in gen 1, it was created in gen 2.
its still really weird.

Nostalgia. Looking back on it, the games were playable and very much good, with memorable music and looked slightly decent, but the series was still starting out and it was very much flawed. Personally Gen 2 or 3 will probably be the best for me.

Back