why does everyone love gen 1 of pokemon so much

Generation 3 master race

Bulbasaur said:
ok but seriously where are these mythical people who think gen 1 is the best? ive never actually met one
really?

they're everywhere on the internet.

...you've never heard of the genwunners before?

I can't say, for sure, as there were certainly 'catch/train/develop'-type games well beforehand....maybe Pokemon fine-tuned the format?
When the series was introduced in the States, I was in my mid-20s, already married, and couldn't be bothered with 'cutesy' characters that barked their own names in shrill, annoying tones, heh. From what little I DID play of one of the early games, I remember it seeming rather childish and overly linear.
These things, along with not liking 'turn-based' games, naturally turned me off to the series.

Though I'm not a fan, we have all the GB, GBC, and GBA games, in multiples. (I hoarde them for my wife; she loves the series.)

I probably owe it to myself to give one of 'em an honest go, at some point.

-Cheers-

Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Generation 3 master race
lolwut
sorry, didn't post it loud enough, ahem.

Generation 3 master race
every gen after 1 is a master race compared to it.
yeah, I just think gen 3 was da best
in terms of pokemon, region, and replayability, yes. you are right. gen 4 has thebest music and villian, and gen 5 had the best story, online, and gameplay.

Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Generation 3 master race
lolwut

Generation 3 master race
in terms of pokemon, region, and replayability, yes. you are right. gen 4 has thebest music and villian, and gen 5 had the best story, online, and gameplay.
can't argue with that, hug me

Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Generation 3 master race
lolwut

Generation 3 master race
bro hug right? cuz it would be weird otherwise.

Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Generation 3 master race
lolwut

Generation 3 master race
consider it a just enough to be a friendly hug, but not enough to be a creepy hug

Me, I personally find Gen 1 to be my second least fave(Gen 3 being first).

Unless you put the anime into play, I hate Gen 1.

I grew so in love with Gen 5 after playing Black 2. It replaced my once first love Gen 2.

As for Gen 4...I'm neutral. Not bad or good IMO.

Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Generation 3 master race
lolwut

Generation 3 master race
consider it a just enough to be a friendly hug, but not enough to be a creepy hug
so basically the "i hate you, but i agree with what your saying and what your saying is incredibly true and you kind of have the same opinion as me so i hate you less now" hug?

Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Hideyoshi said:
Joey Tribbiani said:
Generation 3 master race
lolwut

Generation 3 master race
so basically the "i hate you, but i agree with what your saying and what your saying is incredibly true and you kind of have the same opinion as me so i hate you less now" hug?
change "hate" to "never really had many strong feelings about you one way or the other and you have swayed my opinion of you for the better"

Er-anyway, to avoid getting any more off topic, generation 4 and 5 were also the shit.

yeah. i consider gen 4 the super paper mario of the series. its different, yeah, but its certainly not bad. it has awesome music, a cool villian, and at first it got undeserved hate, but its fanbase is starting to grow again. plus, OMG THEY MADE EVOS FOR OTHERWISE MEH POKEMON

Dr. Javelin said:
Bulbasaur said:
ok but seriously where are these mythical people who think gen 1 is the best? ive never actually met one
really?

i've heard a lot about them, but i've never met one. everyone complains about them but nobody seems to actually be one

Bulbasaur said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Bulbasaur said:
really?

i've heard a lot about them, but i've never met one. everyone complains about them but nobody seems to actually be one

1. Check animalguy001's Top 5 Pokemon Generations video. Check the amount of dislikes.
2. Check the Pokemon X and Y video about the new Mewtwo form. Actually, ANY video about the new Mewtwo form.

ok that video was like an hour long and i hope i wasnt supposed to watch it because wow, i don't have that much time. can you please explain why exactly you believe it's relevant

the mewtwo video i watched, but i didn't see anything except mewtwo attacking a whole bunch of random pokemon

Bulbasaur said:
ok that video was like an hour long and i hope i wasnt supposed to watch it because wow, i don't have that much time. can you please explain why exactly you believe it's relevant

the mewtwo video i watched, but i didn't see anything except mewtwo attacking a whole bunch of random pokemon

Oh, right, let me clarify. Look at the COMMENTS in the videos. Not the actual video, there aren't any Gen Wunners in that. Also, sometimes its relevant to see the ratio of likes to dislikes.

Hideyoshi said:
yeah. i consider gen 4 the super paper mario of the series. its different, yeah, but its certainly not bad. it has awesome music, a cool villian, and at first it got undeserved hate, but its fanbase is starting to grow again. plus, OMG THEY MADE EVOS FOR OTHERWISE MEH POKEMON

That is definitely how I would look at Gen IV. It was different from the other generations, but it was still a really good game.

Honestly, my favorite right now has to be V (never played three, though a lot of my favorite pokemon are in Gen III, though III would probably be around the same level as III), then IV, then II, and then I.

Generation I just...didn't have many appealing Pokemon to me. Like, out of all my main 6 parties I have, none of them have a Gen I in it. I just didn't find many good Pokemon in that generation.

Purple Yoshi said:
Bulbasaur said:

Oh, right, let me clarify. Look at the COMMENTS in the videos. Not the actual video, there aren't any Gen Wunners in that. Also, sometimes its relevant to see the ratio of likes to dislikes.

um ok, i read like hundreds of comments on the countdown video or whatever. i saw dozens of people talking about how stupid genwunners are, and like one person who seemed to have a positive opinion of gen 1

on the mewtwo video i didnt see anything relevant at all

Back