No cutscenes in 3DS/WiiU... so they won't be uploaded to YouTube

Glowsquid said:
Masahiro Sakurai recently said there will not be a story mode like the one in Super Smash Bros. Brawl because he didn't like that the cutscenes from that game were uploaded to YouTube:

Note that the cited Kotaku article (which doesn't include a complete translation of the Famitsu column) doesn't actually states this, and in turn states they stil plan to make character introduction FMVs. Quoted bit is purely nonsense on GameInformer's part. VideoGame journlolism (and in turn, readers willing to spread clickbait without doing the most customary research first) strikes again!

"Butthurt Japanese drops cutscenes because they don't want you to watch them on Youtube" or "Famed game designer decides to cuts the middleman and youtube bait available from the start"? It's amazing what a little spin can do.

Some people need to read this, because it's apparent they haven't.

So...wait. Cutscenes will still be available to an extent through character FMVs? Is that right?

Well, if there is anything that really misled me... It's the title of this topic.

It should be: "Cutscenes May Not Return in SSB4".

Ness said:
It is a great idea because unlocking character will be harder same as melee

Character cutscenes do not have any impact on the difficulty of unlocking a character

Ness said:
It is a great idea because unlocking character will be harder same as melee

unlocking characters in melee wasnt hard at all

it was freaking tedious as shit

OH LOL DUDES LETS PLAY ADVENTURE MODE 40000 TIMES TO UNLOCK MOST CHARACTERS!!!

sheesh to think ill have to do something like that again irritates me.

I want that again and final character will be hard to unlock

Mr G&W is hardest one and N64 stage too

Also Mewtwo if you play it for 20 hours too

Super Smash Bros. Brawl isn't any better. Most of the characters can be unlocked via Subspace Emissary, and that's more of an endurance round than playing Adventure Mode.

Mewtwo isn't hard; he's just tedious.

the only reason thats more of an endurance round in brawl is because sse really sucks due to shit enemy designs and level design, but thing is adventure mode is far repetitive than sse(barely).

Either way it sucks unlocking things in ssb games because its not really fun or surprising its just full blown irritating.

Ness said:
I want that again and final character will be hard to unlock

Mr G&W is hardest one and N64 stage too

Mr. Game & Watch is by far the hardest one to unlock. Neither was that N64 stage (you're way too vague on that anyway, you could be referring to any of the three).

None of the characters in SSBM were hard to unlock.

Oh Mewtwo. You and your 20 hour garbage. What I'd always do is just leave the console on when I sleep while three computers beat eachother up on Hyrule Temple with 99 lives.(a human player has to be present or else it won't count toward the clock)

Also, what I'd like to see in SSB4 is when you encounter a challenger to unlock, they should show these supposed FMV's before you fight them.

Maybe a library content with the FMV's of all characters? IDK

Unknown Entity said:
Oh Mewtwo. You and your 20 hour garbage. What I'd always do is just leave the console on when I sleep while three computers beat eachother up on Hyrule Temple with 99 lives.(a human player has to be present or else it won't count toward the clock)

If there are more than 1 human player, the 20 hour requirement decreases since the time spent is doubled.

I'm not sure if pausing it counts, but what I know for sure that playing it with 4 players just standing there dramatically speeds up the process

I just put 2 human players with one stock on a stage with no KO hazards (Temple, I believe) and left the Cube running all day then KO'ed player 2. Also if memory serves, you can't pause it.

No contesting it probably doesn't work either.

I only did subspace for the cut-scenes. :P

There won't be cutscenes in the game, because they'll be uploaded to Youtube? Wow, I gotta say... That's quite a BS reason.

Solar Blaze said:
There won't be cutscenes in the game, because they'll be uploaded to Youtube? Wow, I gotta say... That's quite a BS reason.
Glowsquid said:
Masahiro Sakurai recently said there will not be a story mode like the one in Super Smash Bros. Brawl because he didn't like that the cutscenes from that game were uploaded to YouTube:

Note that the cited Kotaku article (which doesn't include a complete translation of the Famitsu column) doesn't actually states this, and in turn states they stil plan to make character introduction FMVs. Quoted bit is purely nonsense on GameInformer's part. VideoGame journlolism (and in turn, readers willing to spread clickbait without doing the most customary research first) strikes again!

"Butthurt Japanese drops cutscenes because they don't want you to watch them on Youtube" or "Famed game designer decides to cuts the middleman and youtube bait available from the start"? It's amazing what a little spin can do.
Way to look through the thread.

Yeah, I did kind of skim through the thread, so that would explain how I missed that.

Back