Why is Mario Strikers Charged so dark?

nothing is more dark than this

WaluigiCC.gif

NOTHING

Mario Strikers Charged isn't dark, it's just brutal soccer Mario-style.

Football would be quite entertaining to watch if that was how it was played.

Darkwise, I only think the colours of the game are dark

The colors aren't even that dark

_animated__mario_stankers_charged__mari_owned_by_leftygreenmario-d64ma74.gif

Those Monty Moles look pretty bright yellow to me and Mario's team looks bright red.

moved to marioverse

Also I think that the Strikers games are kind of a refreshing change of pace for the series. Seeing Waluigi HAVE TWO WORDS FOR YA or Peach tackle Bowser into an electric fence with hard rock music going is highly entertaining.

If I remember rightly most of the menu screens and stuff like that are darkly coloured, but I haven't played the game in ages

Yoshi876 said:
If I remember rightly most of the menu screens and stuff like that are darkly coloured, but I haven't played the game in ages

Not really. It looked more sci-fi complete with holograms to me

New Super Mario said:
Why does it matter if it's dark. It's still a pretty cool game.

Because a Mario game being dark increases the cool factor.

But it's not dark, even though it's blissfully violent

It's not dark. In fact, it's one of the best games showcasing the characters' personality. There is a bigger emphasis on facial expressions compared to other games. All characters show a distinct face when they're happy, mad, or anything. Even Petey Piranha has a distinct personality.

Mind you, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon also showed Luigi's facial expressions vividly. It's no coincidence that Strikers and Dark Moon were developed by the same company.

Well Soccer is a pretty violent game and when you Mario-ize it, it only makes it more violent.

I always thought the electric fence was a nice touch.

the more of i see of this game the more i wanna play it.

All I know is that when I play this game, I drop enough F bombs to make this game mature if you were playing it with me.

It's so friggin hard, and the farthest I got was unlocking Diddy Kong, and I only got him after tying the game and winning the tiebreaker (barely).

I don't know what it is about that game, but I literally start swearing at the other team at how frustrated I am. I always end up playing some Smash Bros. Brawl afterwards and do training mode where I beat up Wario until all my built up rage is gone.

cryoAwakening said:
I always end up playing some Smash Bros. Brawl afterwards and do training mode where I beat up Wario until all my built up rage is gone.

Good you are smart

cryoAwakening said:
All I know is that when I play this game, I drop enough F bombs to make this game mature if you were playing it with me.

It's so friggin hard, and the farthest I got was unlocking Diddy Kong, and I only got him after tying the game and winning the tiebreaker (barely).

I don't know what it is about that game, but I literally start swearing at the other team at how frustrated I am. I always end up playing some Smash Bros. Brawl afterwards and do training mode where I beat up Wario until all my built up rage is gone.

Oh yes this game for some reason always sends me into a rage, last night I got to :diddy: and he beat me, I just wanted break my Wii in half. But I guess that's why people in South America kill each other over this sport ;D.

The game isn't dark, to me it's just the artwork that doesn't look like the friendly, colorful, and gentle Mario we know.

Take this for example.

BowserStrikersj.png

Now compare it to this.

Bowser-SuperMarioGalaxy.jpg

cryoAwakening said:

I beated the crap out of him with my team. He is rage inducing until I used Mario, Dry Bones, Toad, and Boo to thoroughly whip his hairy butt.

Oh, and then, I proceeded to wipe the floor with Petey Piranha 3-2 in the first match and 5-0 in the second match with the same people.

Kingfawful4321 said:
The game isn't dark, to me it's just the artwork that doesn't look like the friendly, colorful, and gentle Mario we know.

>says msc isn't dark
>gives literary definition of dark

Toad Eightyfive said:
Kingfawful4321 said:

>says msc isn't dark
>gives literary definition of dark

No, the user didn't say the game was dark. It's the artwork that's being mentioned, not the game itself.

Back