DC Cinematic Universe

Re: Man of Steel 2 / WORLD'S FINEST

Champion Christmas said:
Ooh. That would be a great scene. I can just imagine Brainiac's cold voice mocking Superman for his decision.

If Brainiac is ever brought in, I hope he is voiced by the same guy who voiced him in Superman: TAS and Justice League (blanking on his name). He had such a great voice.

fully agreed, i just find that voice for brainiac to be pure perfection.

Although really i do like brainiac a lot in general.

Although im still hoping for darkseid eventually.

Darkseid should be saved for the last film in this universe. Don't even put him Justice League. Make Justice League 3 about him and end the DC cinematic universe with the Justice League fighting Darkseid.

Ganondorf said:
I think that will be where his "no killing rule" will originate. After Superman realizes he just killed the only other member of his race, Superman vows to never again take someone's life.
I like that idea

So, uh, yeah. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor? Oddest casting ever. Even weirder than when they cast Ledger as the Joker. But, maybe, just maybe, he can pull it off. If not, well, that's that, really.

I cannot see Jeremy Irons as Alfred I'm afraid. He just doesn't have the charm that alfred usually has.

War Doctor said:
I cannot see Jeremy Irons as Alfred I'm afraid. He just doesn't have the charm that alfred usually has.
The main problem for me is that I will keep thinking Scar whenever I hear him talk.

why can't they just use michael caine

he was great in the last batman movies

Because this is a reboot. It's a new universe. Having the old actors would be like having Shatner in the new Star Trek movies.

It was two years ago though

it shouldn't technically count if the gap between Star Trek films is moreover 15 years, and the batman films are about two years apart

Oaky, it would be like using the Rami Spider-Man actors in the new Spider-Man series.

Ganondorf said:
Oaky, it would be like using the Rami Spider-Man actors in the new Spider-Man series.
That would be a good thing for some characters.

You guys don't understand. This is a new continuity and a new universe. Having the old actors would make no sense. The general public isn't smart enough to see this a new continuity. It would only confuse them even more.

If they're that easily misled, then perhaps they shouldn't be watching the movie in the first place.

Why couldn't they stick with Joaquin Phoenix as Luthor, I mean Jesse Eisenberg?! Really?! But Jeremy Irons as Alfred is interesting I'll be expecting him to be accused of murdering his wife

supermariofan said:
Why couldn't they stick with Joaquin Phoenix as Luthor, I mean Jesse Eisenberg?! Really?!
I thought Joaquin Phoenix was in talks to play the Joker?

supermariofan said:
But Jeremy Irons as Alfred is interesting I'll be expecting him to be accused of murdering his wife
Kind of a useless side plot, if you ask me. Leave Alfred to the basics.

GalacticPetey said:
Because this is a reboot. It's a new universe. Having the old actors would be like having Shatner in the new Star Trek movies.

or leonard nimoy

GalacticPetey said:
The general public isn't smart enough to see this a new continuity. It would only confuse them even more.
the whole "new continuity" thing is inherently confusing. having new actors doesn't make it any less confusing

if they wanted it to make more sense, they should have just tried to combine the dark knight trilogy and man of steel

That would not work at all. Batman' character arc ended in that series. Plus, the Nolan series is supposed to be grounded and realistic. Characters like Superman and Green Lantern have no place in that universe. Nolan even said he would not want fantasy elements in his trilogy.

War Doctor said:
supermariofan said:
Why couldn't they stick with Joaquin Phoenix as Luthor, I mean Jesse Eisenberg?! Really?!

supermariofan said:
But Jeremy Irons as Alfred is interesting I'll be expecting him to be accused of murdering his wife
I was making a reference to Reversal of Fortune on Alfred

supermariofan said:
War Doctor said:
supermariofan said:

supermariofan said:
I was making a reference to Reversal of Fortune on Alfred
Still a useless side plot nonetheless, this movie is based around Superman and Batman, not Alfred.

Back