Strongest Mario series

What do you believe is the strongest Mario series?

• Mario vs. Donkey Kong series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Mario

• Mario Party

• Mario Golf

• Mario Tennis

• Mario Strikers

• Total voters
Not talking about like how strong Mario and co. are in in the games, but I mean in terms of the games.

Like, what series do you think is the best series out of the choices above? Like, what is the best that satisfies you in terms of gamplay, in terms of always bringing new elements that you like, in terms of characters and plot, or in any other terms.

Personally, I have to say the Mario & Luigi, since I believe they are the only series so far that hasn't at one point gone downhill like some other of the series (Paper Mario had Sticker Star happen, Super Mario 3D games had Super Mario 3D Land & World happen, the NSMB series happened), and I feel that it is the deepest series since it isn't just a sports/racing game and there is a lot of plot and characters, and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

I think Mario & Luigi, as Dream Team looks like it's true to the series unlike Sticker Star, which will taint the Paper Mario series for a while.

Probably Mario Kart because it's a multiplayer game that relies on replayability to be fun.

Mario Kart since it usually beats the other Mario games when it comes to sales (an exception is the 3DS, but Mario Kart 7 may surpass 3DLand soon)

Plus it has Baby Luigi and multiplayer. What more could I want?

It's hard to compare platformsers to RPGs to spinoffs. Mario Kart's the best spinoff hands-down and probably the most fun out of all the games in the franchise. Of the platformers, the 2D ones have always been more fun for me and still seem like the heart of the franchise, while the 3D games got almost spin-offy with the specialty locations of SMS and SMG. The RPGs are a really tough call, but overall, I think the M&L games have cleverer writing, so assuming Dream Team stays the course, I'd say it's the stronger series, especially in light of Sticker Star (although there's still the hope that the next PM will go back to being a real RPG and make it a close race again).

well im sure mario kart and mario party get the sales, but to me the rpgs are more of my thing.

Nice writing, and some of them have good rpg elements that interest me. Plus action commands are pretty fun and a nice twist to the turn based rpg genre.

I still like the platformers though, as i may not be good at them, they're still fun and remind me thats what really made the impact.

Didn't I make a thread like this two years ago?

I can't honestly pick, I don't seem to have favorites.

I had to think about this for awhile. Reading the first post again, though...

cryoAwakening said:
what is the best that satisfies you in terms of gamplay

This is the most important to me, and that goes to Paper Mario. *votes PM*

NSY said:
Didn't I make a thread like this two years ago?

You still a remember a thread you created two years ago?

Back