Memorable Moments in Smash Bros.

Lord Bowser

listen
Banned User
Basically just post about random moments you've had in any of the three games, whether it be good, bad, weird, or funny.

In Melee, I was playing a match against Pichu, and my goal was to KO him just by using Peach's vegetables. Normally it lasts about ten minutes or so (15-stock match), but this one only lasted a bit over four minutes because I got three stitchface vegetables (those really powerful ones, do up to 36% and look like this; =_=) and a Bob-omb all in a row.

Hm.

I always recall pausing to do whatever and the screen seemed like Kirby and Jigglypuff were making out(in Brawl)... I took a pic of it too(gone now).

And also two Jigglypuffs(CPUs) in the finals in tournament mode(Melee). I was playing with cousins but... Something happened and the power went out. I WANTED TO WATCH THAT MATCH!

When I managed to get a flawless victory against Yoshiwaker while playing as Bowser (he was Mario, iirc).

It was beautiful.

also when he threw his controller after this match

Also, any time we do a Wolf (my best character) vs Game & Watch (his best) match. Those are intense.

I have a lot of memorable moments that I can say, a lot about Brawl specifically, flaking around with Items on, or friendlies.

There is a match I've had vs a lagtastic Marth mainer, and I actually KO'd them with a fsmash with Ness, that was just hilarious, this matchup is downright painful for Ness mainers too.
I've seen a tossed Mr. Saturn KO someone via shield break at Final Destination, the other player's reaction was priceless.
I've also made a CPU perform the yo-yo glitch on me, the CPU was actually Lucas too, I still have a replay of this.

Anytime I encountered Admiral Pit in Basic Brawl, it was awkward enough when I actually first encountered him in Kid Icarus: Uprising through Light vs Dark.
But I found him in Basic Brawl FREQUENTLY, it was ridiculous.
I knew it was him because of the color choice and how he played, he tended to show off around the end of the match by flying offscreen, not only that but and he had already admitted to me that he is one of the few competitive smashers that tend to use Basic Brawl.
What's so special about this guy, you might ask..
He's kind of infamous on the web, specifically within the smash community.

And any legitimate matches against Ness mainers that authentically know what they are doing, and even know all the advanced techniques and everything.
It's always interesting to see who's better with which moves, who knows the character better, and just to see how our train of thoughts differ, though IIRC last time I played dittos I was still 3 stocking them.
I'm pretty sure that's simply because they were a nervous wreck against me though, I had to tell them that myself so they could possibly cool down and play better against me.

There's plenty more, but I think I have said enough here.

In Super Smash Bros. Melee, I got the award Peaceful Warrior against a level 9 CPU Captain Falcon in the Yoshi's Island stage, 17 minute match. That was totally sweet.

in brawl

final destination

3 bumpers appeared, jigglypuff threw one at the right edge of the platform

then she threw two others really close in the center.

got in the middle and walked toward the most left one, so she was bouncing between them for like at least 30 seconds hearing the constant THUNG noise.

Naturally i laughed pretty hard.

I took this AWESOME photo of Link and Sheik on the Eldin Bridge stage. Sheik was on the edge of the broken bridge doing a handstand and Link looking back at her, and it was just so cool. What made it great was that it was at the right angle, where Link was closer to the camera and it added depth.

Me and a friend were playing Melee, he was Jigglypuff, I was Kirby and we had a com player as Marth. I inhaled him, got Rollout and whilst he kept killing himself with it, I mastered it and won the match.

And in Brawl I took picture of lightening striking Wario Kirby just at the right moment.

There was a Tiny Stamina Brawl match in the Great Sea stage where there are three Princess Peach computers (with 1 Stamina). I was Mario. I was on the top platform the entire time, and I punched just once. Meanwhile, the other three Princess Peach computers tried attacking each other, but they ended killing each other. So, I won that one without hitting them once.

I was playing Adventure as Mewtwo in Melee. I got to the level where I battle Giant DK. He comes over. I grab him. Back throw. KO'd.

Beating Master Hand on Intense for the first time was pretty memorable (I did it with Yoshi, iirc).

Beating Tabuu on the hardest setting, which helped me figure out that a good defense is the best offense, because it's the only way to survive those wing attacks.

Except when you accidentally sidestep too soon or too late and you still get hit.

I have quite a few. All of them are from Brawl. =P

- Discovering that Ness was meant to be my true main in 2010. IDK why I didn't like him earlier and for some reason I preferred Lucas back then.

- My first Brawl tourney, where I got introduced to the Smash Community. I didn't place well (but do you really expect someone to do well in their first tourney LOL), but I had a LOT of fun regardless, and that was when I decided to get into competitive Smash. One of my best decisions ever.

- My 2nd Brawl tournament, where I ended up having the best 2vs2 friendlies ever. My friend (who goes by the in-game name as Guard and mains Fox) were teaming up against others, and it was just an awesome experience. We played like 4 friendlies before the tourney actually had to start, but it was awesome. Guard and I made an awesome team, and we worked pretty well. And also I usually got the winning KO with Ness' Forward Tilt XD

^Ness is a wonderful teammate in Doubles (and Team Attack is on), mainly because of his PSI Magnet. His partner can heal him, making Ness awesome for tanking, and there's also the rare occasion where the windbox produced from it will stop someone's knockback. I unintentionally saved my partner and he ended up surviving to 236%! xD

- I won 1 vs 3 against 2 of my siblings and a Level 9 Falco as Lucas about a month or 2 ago. I was at 200% and it was just my brother left... God that was intense. Though I probably would've lost if Team Attack was off, but we usually play with it on since it makes things more interesting and fun anyway lol

- Going up against my good friend, Kels, who is the best female Sonic player in Canada, Top 3 Sonic players online and has a great Kirby as well, here. And yes, you know how I sound like lol
^That was extremely fun LOL

me and my friend were both playing Ganondorf on Bridge of Eldin and we aren't all too good with him. We had one stock each and the cpu's beating each other up on the other side of the broken bridge had two. So we agreed to team up and beat them first but he was no good at using Ganondorf's recovery so told him 'wait, hold still, I'll get you over there'. I then used his Nuetral B move and warlock punched him across the bridge. He got pretty pissed but it was hilarious.

Another time, we were playing SSE at the part against dark bowser. I did most of the damage to him while my friend was getting the shit beat out of him, so when I launched him off the stage my friend picked up a ray gun. I thought he would've shot at him but he threw the gun for some reason and it barely hit him and KO'd him. I was shocked but it was pretty cool.

ThreeThousand said:
That one time I beat Timmy.

It was effin' magical.
Eh, I didn't have the full hang of Yoshi at the time. I was still in the processing of learning him, but I wanted to try him since I like most of his aspects better than Ness (recovery, weight, speed, projectile, long range grabs, good for annoying LOL). However, his inability to KO is one of the reasons I still prefer using Ness lol

Regardless though, I'm actually not upset or anything that I lost; it was a wake-up call for my Yoshi to improve even more, and I still had fun. ^__^

Oh yeah I also remember the time I hit you with a PK Flash when you went Wario but since you Forward Smashed at the right time the Super Armor took place and you didn't die. XD

Then there was Kirbyciding on Halberd. LOL

I was playing against that dark Bowser in the Subspace Emissary in Brawl as Link, and he did that thing where he grabs you and jumps and spins and falls while still holding you. It was Intense, and he jumped off the ledge. I didn't have to do anything to beat him.

I just went to a Brawl tourney on Saturday (July 20th), and here's 2 more:

- So for Game 2 of one of my sets for Pools, my opponent was beating me (he was using ROB). I was losing by about 80%, and we were on our last life. Then my friend Kels came in, and she saw I was losing, but then I managed to make a comeback with a PK Fire combo and juggling. We were at 120% then, and I tried to go for a N-air but he blocked it, and I ran away, and thankfully he missed. Then I managed to get a U-air on him and I won my set! The ending of that match had me trembling in fear and my hands were numb. It was so intense.

- For the Bracket, I had to go up against the host of the tourney. He mains Snake, but for some reason he didn't use him lol (THANK GOD, I can't deal with him). Game 2, we went on Halberd and we were both on our last life. We were both Ness. and he goes to the ledge to do a ledge PK Thunder and tries to hit me, but he stage canceled it too late and he fell too low so he killed himself and I won. That was like the funniest match of the tourney. XD

Farming for CD's in Brawl, The first time when you realize, " oh know, I have to fight off an entire team of Yoshi's?", Olimar is an OP fighter, Your first time fighting on the DK jungle stage from SSB64, Killing Tabu, The moment you see that Cornaria is smaller than sector z... what the heck!

Last but not least...

FALCON PUNCH!!!

In the Great Maze, I can always OHKO Dark R.O.B. with Pikachu's Thunder.

One time in Classis Mode, I was fighting a giant Mr. Game and Watch and he was caught between the two lion tamers eventually the damage and knockback got so high, he flew off screen.

Bump.

My most recent friendly... Closest Ness vs. Lucas match I ever had, and I needed to save that as a replay! XD

View it here.
^Music is kind of loud, so volume should be turned down a bit. =P

4:56... Highlight of the match LOL

I need to improve on my reaction time and my spacing though lol
I missed like a few opportunities for a kill, or I just sat in my shield for too long.
As for spacing, I was hitting air then got grabbed which is why I died first stock.

Was still an awesome match though!

Back