NSM's SSB4 Roster (Update #9)

Re: NSM's SSB4 Roster

I'll do Goron and Zora a little bit later. ;)

Taunts:

Holding out a flower like in this image:
Deku_Link.png
Playing the Song of Healing on the Pipes of Awakening:
Dekupipes.png
And shrugging:

I believe that there is way too many representatives in Zelda and Kirby. I think that Sakurai will be definitely not adding another Kirby character because he was already feeling guilty about having three characters in it since he didn't want to be showboating his own stuff, and was why we only had once course. Plus, Waddle Dee is too minor of a character to add.

I highly doubt that there would be a young link, and I'm still unsure about Ghirahim. I think that it would probably be better if they downsized the Zelda series to just Link, Zelda, and Ganon; they downsized the Mario series from Melee to Brawl.

I don't know enough about Dillon, but I mean they are adding a lot of new series into the game, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm not sure being in one game they would include him in. Pac Man I'm not sure about, but I don't think they would just drop Snake so easily. With Kid Icarus, I'm not sure if Palutena is a good addition, though it would be nice to see her playable.

I'm sorry, but I'm highly hoping they don't add Ridley as a second Metroid character. He's definitely a great boss character like he was in Subspace Em, but really, I don't see how they could really work him in as a fighting character. Bowser, Ganon, and King Dedede are all understandable due to their size and such, but Ridley is a huge massive dragon-esque creature. I would rather have him as a boss like in Subspace Em. where he is full size than have him as a playable character modified to be the size of a character.

I'm not sure if Pokemon will grow to five, though I don't know. I could see that as being the most plausible list for the series, but I do hope they don't bring back Mewtwo. It all depends on what they do though. Same with the Mario series, I'm not sure if Toad would be the best addition to the game, as there are definitely some other Mario characters that would also make fine additions, though with the success of NSMB series, I would not be surprised by it. As for Donkey Kong, I really don't want King K. Rool in the series, especially since he's been kind of disappearing in the series lately, and rather have Dixie Kong or another Kong that's been very popular in the series.

Yoshi is definitely going to be expanding a lot with these two new upcoming Yoshi games, and I would like another Yoshi rep in the place of a new Mario rep, but I mean, I would not mind it just being Yoshi. Baby Mario as second Yoshi rep, I'll go up to the store now and prepay for the game so I can walk in and just get it as soon as it comes out. Wario is definitely in the same boat with the Yoshi series, so I wouldn't mind seeing another Warioware character.

Fox series seems fine, Pikmin series seems fine, Mother/Earthbound seems fine, Fire Emblem seems fine, there are a lot of characters in the bottom right that I am not well experienced with to give a good statement about...

Your list is good NSM, even though I have a lot of things I disagree with it. :P

Rosy the Rascal said:
^Someone seems to hate Kirby. :(

I never said I hated Kirby! Just because I said that Sakurai probably wouldn't add more than the current Brawl roster doesn't mean that I hate Kirby, nor because I said that Waddle Dee is a bit too minor and generic to be in this SSB game.

Rosy the Rascal said:
cryoAwakening said:
Waddle Dee... minor and generic
you mind want to rephrase that a bit

...not really. I think that Toad is a bit minor and generic, even though they have been more playable a lot lately and being more main characters than some characters.

cryoAwakening said:
Rosy the Rascal said:
^Someone seems to hate Kirby. :(

I never said I hated Kirby! Just because I said that Sakurai probably wouldn't add more than the current Brawl roster doesn't mean that I hate Kirby, nor because I said that Waddle Dee is a bit too minor and generic to be in this SSB game.
If you read, I already said Waddle Dee was probably unlikely. I just thinks it makes the most sense if you want to add a spear-wielding character (instead of like Ephraim with a lance or something).

And how does Zelda not deserve 5 reps? If you only want 4, Young Link would go, which still leaves Ghirahim. You're just mad because Fi won't make it. Only three Zelda reps makes it look as important as StarFox (which in no way it is)

And I think dropping Snake would be easy. I don't think they'll cry over it.

Ridley's too big?

*cough*

Metroid01--article_image.jpg

And for Pokemon, I really don't care if we only got Pikachu, so that's fine.

AND YES TOAD IS AN AWESOME ADDITION

Yeah Ridley's size is about as consistent as Bowser's is. While he's always larger than Samus, he's not the 5 story tall behemoth people think he is. Besides he's the only other major recurring character in the series besides Dark Samus.

Sakurai got Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager to work. I have every reason to believe he can do justice to Ridley.

Alright, I've updated my roster!

t722d5.png

Changes I've made:

- Olimar's picture has been updated to fit his new artwork.
- Young Link has switched pictures to "Masked Link" to further emphasize his new moveset
- Zoroark has been removed, since I just don't think he AND Mewtwo would make it in. And I'm not sure of any reason to add five pokemon reps anyway.
- Yep, Nintendog. Now hear me out. I recently posted a theory that more series would be represented in the game (so I was choosing between Nintendog, Starfy, Saki, and Isaac) but really, I think Nintendog is more relevant to Nintendo (and it's a very successful series, just like Wii Fit). If Nintendo is crazy enough to add Wii Fit Trainer and make her awesome, maybe they can do that with Nintendog. I don't know, I just have this gut feeling that the Nintendog would make it over the others :P

Please comment and critique, thanks! Updates will be posted in the OP.

Re: NSM's SSB4 Roster (Update #2)

New Super Mario said:
And I'm not sure of any reason to add five pokemon reps anyway.

Isn't Pokemon Nintendo's biggest/most successful franchise that isn't Mario?

Smasher said:
New Super Mario said:

I know, but I don't think they should have to add Zoroark just to add him, you know what I mean? And I don't know squat about Pokemon, so feel free to tell me wrong.

Nintendog I just can't see it happening. It's the moveset that really gets me, what can it do?

Yoshi876 said:
Nintendog I just can't see it happening. It's the moveset that really gets me, what can it do?
I presume it'd take stuff from the games, like using a frisbee or tennisball, jumping through a hoops, and stuff like that.

I don't know, I just feel with Wii Fit Trainer's addition, Nintendog might not be too far fetched. Plus, there is a Nintendogs stags too, so maybe it could happen. I really only put Nintendog on too support my theory of more series to be represented (and it'll probably get removed as soon as some new character is announced)

Smasher said:
New Super Mario said:

And people are opposed to adding Mario reps, but they're a-okay with Pokemon reps (which have more than Mario, only the Mushroom-iconed ones)? I don't get it.

I might have just misunderstood you, but why was that aimed at me when I didn't say anything about being opposed to a new Mario rep?

Here we go!

2lvfjhw.png

Updated Luigi's artwork and changed Nintendog to Starfy after thinking about it AGAIN.

Back