Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jigglypuff

• Ike

• Lucas

• Total voters
This is hard as I find both Yoshi and Kirby really good. Whilst I'm quite skilled with Yoshi, I don't think lost as Kirby so I have to vote for him.

Yoshi and Pikachu are the best. I love Pikachu's cheap Thunderbolt attack :)
One time I was playing as Yoshi all the time and my friend got so pissed that he told me "Yoshi and Pikachu are banned in other countries", which makes no sense because we're not in other countries.

Also, I occasionally use the Mother characters.

Drift said:
One time I was playing as Yoshi all the time and my friend got so pissed that he told me "Yoshi and Pikachu are banned in other countries", which makes no sense because we're not in other countries.

Would you have any idea why they...said what they did aside from the fact you kept using Yoshi?(that is...awkward)

^It gets me mad when your friends try to ban your character or prevent you from using a certain move. If they say that, you're playing the game well, and that your friends are just bitter over the fact you're more skilled than them.

My brother and his friends always go like "Oh Ness' Back Throw should be banned" because I usually get a KO with that. Well, it's the strongest throw in the game (starts off very weak but the knockback grows by a lot), of course I'll use it LOL

I get mad when I play vs. Mr. Game & Watch because his Smashes are ridiculously strong and have little lag, or Pikachu's Thunder which can stop approaches from the air, and yeah, I get frustrated because of them at times, but I never be bitter and say "oh those moves should be banned".

With items though, it adds luck and easy to grab KOs, so I can understand why people don't like them. To be honest I don't like items either, but I don't mind playing with them on occasion. =P

Then again, there's always item play (like Peach's Turnips, Diddy's Bananas, Snake's Grenades, etc.), so there's still somewhat of a luck factor, but it's still important to learn how to use items like that.

...I kind of rambled on more than I should've, like I usually do about Smash. XP

Timmy said:
^It gets me mad when your friends try to ban your character or prevent you from using a certain move. If they say that, you're playing the game well, and that your friends are just bitter over the fact you're more skilled than them.

It's a different story if they use it constantly over and over to the point of being annoying (spamming the attack).

I use Pit's Arrow attack when there's a distance between me and my friend and they sometimes get frustrated but I only use it when there's a big gap, which isn't often when there's four of us playing. So we don't really consider it spamming. They can't do anything to stop you spamming an attack except make threats like '**** is banned' or 'I'll stop playing if you use that character'. They do want to enjoy playing and you can't blame them. If you don't use it so much then it's fine but if you use it every 3rd or 4th attack then I'd consider it spamming.

But whatever, I won't tell you how to play your game.

the only thing that's fair to ban is meta knight from spamming neutral B and side B

because those have just stupid priority and you can win with almost just those moves

@Crackin: To me, the definition of spamming is using the same attack over and over mindlessly, or trying to trap someone beyond a ridiculous %. If the person is constantly using an attack (but using it smartly), I don't think that's spamming. Even if someone is spamming an attack, you can usually take advantage of that by attacking them where their attack won't hit you. Of course some moves are easier to spam/harder to counter (Zelda's Smashes and Meta Knight's Tornado come to mind), but I'm a believer that even the most annoying moves can be countered regardless.
Though if someone's trying to trap you in a chaingrab or against a wall beyond like 120%, that would be considered spamming to me.

@Dr. Javelin: Eh, I personally find Down Smash and Down Air more annoying since they put you in such awkward positions to recover (and being off-stage is dangerous, ESPECIALLY against Meta Knight), but I can see why Tornado can get annoying. Luckily for me, Ness'/Lucas' PK Fire still activates on his Tornado, so it wouldn't be as easy to spam. =P

Priority in Brawl IMO can be weird to understand; even though apparently there's no such thing as "high or low" priority, it sure does feel that way... O__o

It doesn't matter if the attack can be countered, spamming is using the same move over and over. Your definition is using it mindlessly, that's fine. But it's still spamming if someone uses the same attack over and over, that's just what it is. If you use a variety of attacks then its not, because your not spamming the single move over and over. If you constantly use Ness' throw, even if you line it up perfectly so that you can grab them every time, if its basically 60% of everything you do then I can see why your friends get so pissed at you and try to threaten you to stop (probably because its ruining any fun they were having). If it isn't then they're just being cry baby's (but you are defending this, even though you could have just said that you only use it to do the final hit for the KO and be done with it, you didn't which makes me assume you do constantly grab all the time).

I guess I could use the analogy that if someone spams by pressing random keys and enter to the point of it being annoying and if someone spams by making intelligent comments at a constant rate to the point of it being annoying its still the same thing; spamming. Being mindless or clever doesn't change the definition of a word.

Okay, that was a bit of a rant.

Crackin355 said:
(but you are defending this, even though you could have just said that you only use it to do the final hit for the KO and be done with it, you didn't which makes me assume you do constantly grab all the time).

My brother and his friends always go like "Oh Ness' Back Throw should be banned" because I usually get a KO with that.

I didn't say I grabbed all the time, just when necessary so I can get the KO with Ness' Back Throw. Ness can't combo a throw into another throw anyway lol

And even without it, Ness has other KO options. I sometimes get a KO with his aerials (except for Forward Air since that doesn't kill lol), Ness' Forward Smash, his Forward Tilt and if I'm lucky, even his Yo-yos. =P

I guess usually wasn't the right word though, I think my KOs are more like: 40% Back Throw, 35% aerials, 10% Forward Tilt, 10% Forward Smash and 5% Yo-yos with my Ness.

With your analogy though, if someone is constantly sending messages of gibberish or repeating the same thing without adding anything, that's spamming because it's not adding anything to the conversation. If someone is constantly sending intelligent messages, I don't consider it as spamming so long as it adds to the conversation. =P

Ok, I am way too nerdy about this LOL

Timmy said:
I guess usually wasn't the right word though, I think my KOs are more like: 40% Back Throw, 35% aerials, 10% Forward Tilt, 10% Forward Smash and 5% Yo-yos with my Ness.

You have been talking about the KO move.
I have been talking about every attack in general.
I think we've been talking about different topics entirely without realizing. Spamming an attack is just using the same attack constantly (e.g. Using Pikachu's neutral B all the time instead of actually using a variety of moves). There's really no spamming with a KO move unless its also what you used constantly to rack up damage.

Timmy said:
With your analogy though, if someone is constantly sending messages of gibberish or repeating the same thing without adding anything, that's spamming because it's not adding anything to the conversation. If someone is constantly sending intelligent messages, I don't consider it as spamming so long as it adds to the conversation. =P

But it isn't. An intelligent comment can also be an annoying, unnecessary or irrelevant comment. It just means what the person said had a bit of thought behind it compared to smashing the keys at random and clicking enter. But this is a smash bros topic and the analogy isn't the main part of the post.

I wouldn't recommend spamming in Brawl, mindlessly or not. Brawl has awful stale-move negation mechanics that can reduce the power AND the knockback by nearly 50%, unlike in Melee and Super Smash Bros., where only the damage is reduced, not the knockback. That's another reason Brawl is such a joke competitively. It's no wonder that many Brawl mods remove this penalty.

Mario Party X said:
I wouldn't recommend spamming in Brawl, mindlessly or not. Brawl has awful stale-move negation mechanics that can reduce the power AND the knockback by nearly 50%, unlike in Melee and Super Smash Bros., where only the damage is reduced, not the knockback. That's another reason Brawl is such a joke competitively. It's no wonder that many Brawl mods remove this penalty.
Eh, I actually don't mind that mechanic. Even with it, people can just spam their non-KO moves to stale those (like jabs or projectiles) while refreshing their other KO moves. =P

Though if a character only has about 1 or 2 reliable KO moves (like Sonic & Jigglypuff) I can see why it'd be a problem.

It's better in the previous two games, and not only does Brawl's stale move negation weaken good kill moves, it also encourages cheaper, less original combos. I mind it when I use Mario, when suddenly, my Utilt and D-air feel stronger than my Usmash.

Back