Votes: 5 22.7%
  • They're both equally bad.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I have no opinion on this.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Sonicyay2

Monty Mole
Following up on my previous thread, which is better? The GameCube Luigi's Mansion or the 3DS Luigi's Mansion 2(That's Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon to most of you.)?

Discuss.

Probably the only one who thinks this, but LM1 was superior in my opinion.

I loved Luigi's Mansion, and it was a very original game, and had a lot of uniqueness to it. Probably one of Nintendo's best Mario games out there.

However, Luigi's Mansion 2 definitely put a lot of nostalgia back into players, and was a very original sequel, and definitely was a lot more comical in a good way. And compared to some of Mario games released lately, this is definitely one that is like a light in a dark room.

So yeah, I put that they are both equally good.

cryoAwakening said:
I loved Luigi's Mansion, and it was a very original game, and had a lot of uniqueness to it. Probably one of Nintendo's best Mario games out there.

However, Luigi's Mansion 2 definitely put a lot of nostalgia back into players, and was a very original sequel, and definitely was a lot more comical in a good way. And compared to some of Mario games released lately, this is definitely one that is like a light in a dark room.

*claps slowly* great speech.

I liked both games, even though LMDM was longer and harder then the orginal, i still think they are both great. althoug there was something that LMDM lacked that i can't put my finger on.

Mega Man said:
cryoAwakening said:

*claps slowly* great speech.

I liked both games, even though LMDM was longer and harder then the orginal, i still think they are both great. althoug there was something that LMDM lacked that i can't put my finger on.

I think that it's the ending.

They basically just cut and pasted LM's ending to LMDM and was like "yep, in the end you have to save Mario again from a painting after you defeat King Boo."

I think that was one of the biggest annoyances in the game (That and the fact it bugged me so much with the 4th mansion only having 3 levels instead of 5), but other than that, the game was excellent and really brought the 3DS to enjoyment.

Bass said:
Mega Man said:
there was something that LMDM lacked that i can't put my finger on.
A good soundtrack, maybe?

The soundtrack was definitely good. I don't know what you're talking about. I really liked the clarinet, and I thought it was a good transition between new themes and old LM themes.

Aside from the songs that were remixed from the first one, I found most of Dark Moon's soundtrack, especially the boss themes, to be very bland, boring, and unmemorable. The only boss theme, in my opinion, that came even remotely close to being good was King Boo's theme, and even that was far more fitting for a cutscene than an actual boss fight.

Bass said:
Aside from the songs that were remixed from the first one, I found most of Dark Moon's soundtrack, especially the boss themes, to be very bland, boring, and unmemorable. The only boss theme, in my opinion, that came even remotely close to being good was King Boo's theme, and even that was far more fitting for a cutscene than an actual boss fight.
Like I said before, no offense, but you have extremely high standards for games.

Personally I liked LMDM better.

Mr. Game & Watch said:
Bass said:
Like I said before, no offense, but you have extremely high standards for games.

Personally I liked LMDM better.
Unlike I said before, I kinda disagree to this. I kinda thought the soundtrack was a bit bland like.....I'm gonna assume it's a robot so....it.(I kid, I kid! I went on his profile and now I know he's male! Geez.)

The two games are good, the first one have something new to offer in his time, but the boring thing is that it was only one mansion, the second one have 5 and Online.

I'm pretty sure the X-Box, which came out before the Gamecube, had online support. Plus, I remember playing plenty of online PC games, which were around before the X-Box.

Mega Man said:
The Shy Guy said:
the second one have 5 and Online.
Online gaming wasn't invented back then.

wrong.

pso had online which was FOR the gamecube, just every other game didnt have online for the gcn. As previously said plenty of other games had online outside of the gamecube.

I find LM1 better(possibly due to nostalgia). People may not have the same view as me but I consider it a golden classic. Certainly is one of a kind.

As for LM2; a fantastic sequel and did not disappoint at all. Took what the first game had and doubled it even better.

If I had anything to complain about I dunno what I possibly could say. lol I love these games.

Only a personal gripe as I don't like puzzle-based games, but that is one aspect which did frustrate me a lot in LM2. I got stuck on multiple occasions and had to look up what to do next.

(should'a voted both equally good *facepalm*)

Fun fact: I played this game in one whole sitting. About 17 hours to beat IIRC.

I liked Dark Moon better, just because I never really enjoyed the first game. I only picked up 2 because I wanted to see what all the fuss is about and it was pretty good. If it held my attention long enough for me to gold rank every mission then I'd say it was better than the first.

Loved both, but Dark Moon beats the original by being much longer and having multiplayer

Back