Do you support or oppose data mining of e-mails by the US Government?

Which do you feel

• Support

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Oppose

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters
well terrorism is far more frightening then some security checks on email.

what would you prefer a bomb blew up in your area or someone checking your email?

I giess the Constitution is meaningless to most. These measures don't just apply to suspected terrorists. They apply to everyone. They cant sift through every phone conversation, every email, every tweet. But they look for code words. The British spied on ingoing mail to the colonies for obvious reasons. It goes agaimst everything America was founded upon.

Everybody in the world can sift through every tweet.

Zae said:
well terrorism is far more frightening then some security checks on email.

The real horror is food poisoning, car accidents, heart disease, and cancer. Those claim more than terrorist acts. So, yes, the fear on terrorism is overblown. I'm not saying we should overlook it, but that we should be rational about this.

So, yes, the U.S. is going too far with these measures.

One dumb thing about how they screen emails and much more stuff of every American for key words. If a key wprd shows up in an Email, they will read the rest of it. Bit a terrorist will not write the word bomb for example. They will talk in coded language. They may say "Did you pick up the product." If you are not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to fear is the wrong idea to have. We are supposed to have rights.

Coin Heaven said:
What about the Fourth Amendment. Do some people really care more about the war on terror than freedom?

To be honest, the fourth amendment is a 300 year old law which, much like the right to bear arms, would most likely have changed over time. They wouldn't have been expecting things to have changed so drastically over these years.

Seeing as how they're only going to be sifting through emails for terrorism and shit like that, I guess I don't mind. I'd rather be sifted through than get blown up, though terrorist attacks rarely happen in England.

i'm waiting for the government to give us our own personal bots to follow us around everywhere we go

Lakituthequick said:
Yeah, Dutch government has a PRISM-like thing too, at the AIVD (Algemene Inlichtingen en Veiligheids Dienst, General Intelligence and Security Service).

so 'murica is spying on the whole world. hide yo kids, hide yo wife, 'murica is coming.

Aregularforumuser, I would rather hide my husband then, as I'm not a Lesbian.

I bet every single major country has one of these programs going around

I'm a hardcore Email user, I even replaced SMS by Email, a long time ago.
Well, I only use SMS to make Bank Transfers, but that's it.

Back