Do you support or oppose data mining of e-mails by the US Government?

Which do you feel

• Support

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Oppose

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters

Coin Heaven

Coin Heaven since '97!
Banned User
I oppose it very much so.

It depends on what Email Data.
As long as they stay away from non-US Google Apps clients, I don't care.

I do hate invasion of privacy, but if it is for good reasoning such as a lead on a mass murderer, then I wouldn't be against some data mining of e-mails by the government.

Well, I use Email all the time.
I've now seen they are spying everyone on this Planet, not only in America.
So, now I care about that, and I say I oppose.

aren't you the nicest piece of lump?

(also technically wouldn't that be flaming?)

Lakituthequick said:
Fuck them. Privacy is a human right.
I don't really have an opinion on this but i'd like to point out that in America (and 99% of other countries with supposed privacy rights) that constitutional rights can be restricted during times of war and in the interest of national security this is a fundamental legal principal established by the United States Supreme Court (a.k.a the thing that decides what is and isn't constitutional)

Time for Timer said:
Lakituthequick said:
Fuck them. Privacy is a human right.
I don't really have an opinion on this but i'd like to point out that in America (and 99% of other countries with supposed privacy rights) that constitutional rights can be restricted during times of war and in the interest of national security this is a fundamental legal principal established by the United States Supreme Court (a.k.a the thing that decides what is and isn't constitutional)
Which is fucking bullshit. "We think you are a national security threat so we've restricted your constitutional rights."

Actually, they spy everyone, not only Americans.

There's a saying in Latin America that goes: "el que nada debe, nada teme". In here it basically means that, if you haven't done anything wrong, there's no reason to be afraid of what the government could find. I know some people just hate the idea of the government "seeing" their emails, but I personally wouldn't oppose this, as I have nothing to fear from them seeing my emails. After all, this is done in the name of security.

Now go call me stuff.

i guess people dont want to see their dirty secrets revealed!

I'll have to agree to disagree about the "nothing to hide, nothing to worry about" philosophy.

hngaPZ4.gif

I don't understand, the government is looking in on other people outside America, so what are they going to do about people outside America?

Mason said:
I'll have to agree to disagree about the "nothing to hide, nothing to worry about" philosophy.

hngaPZ4.gif
Yeah, I can see and definitely understand the other standpoint.

Neptune 2.0 said:
I don't understand, the government is looking in on other people outside America, so what are they going to do about people outside America?
Probably use the evidence to convince the other countries to arrest them for plotting a terrorist attack

What about the Fourth Amendment. Do some people really care more about the war on terror than freedom?

According to the polls i've seen yes yes they do the poll that I saw showed that 56% of Americans supported these measures

Back