A Legend of Zelda: A link between Worlds

Yep, three of 'em.

yeah i thought it would be that way since it was like that in basically all the zeldas i've played, but i thought i'd double check anyway

the only long zelda game is tp so lol

all the zelda games are pretty short, especially the 2d ones.

The non-linearity of ALBW makes it a shorter and easier than previous Zelda games. ALBW is still fun, but I don't want to see another Zelda game with this much non-linearity.

id just rather them make an open world zelda to be frank with you

that or actually have optional dungeons

i guess i also didn't really like buying the weapons because it didn't make it feel as cool when you finally got a certain item that you liked a lot, also it meant there were no weapons in the dungeons, which i guess also made them feel shorter

Dr. Murder said:
That sucks. The actual "Get the item to open up another bit of the dungeon" didn't exist in this game.

False. In the Desert Palace dungeon, in order to open up the rest of the dungeon, you did need the Titan Mitts. So it wasn't like they didn't do it at all.

But yeah, it's not a very long game, but I found it fun. I would do like a dungeon a day, but since I was on vacation, it turned to 3 a day. :P

And I really liked the item buying concept, but I don't think it should be replicated for a while. It took the fun out of having to explore and find them. I did a dungeon, found 10 miamai guys and bought myself a new item in between so I could pace it, but it just still felt like "Oh, just buy them all at once and be done with that!" Besides the items you DO get in the dungeon, everything else can easily be done in the overworld only after like 2 dungeons with all the items (if you did Pirate's Hideout and Desert Palace first).

I like it when you have to revisit areas because you don't have the item you need yet. It makes it to where you get to revisit the area to delve a little further. That revisitation really helps make it feel like it's not a one-time area. (Speaking of which, Skyward Sword making you go back through the first dungeon was stupid. It literally held little purpose other than to do that stupid dungeon again with basically every room unlocked except for one of them. They failed it, but it could actually be of use if they made it to where there was an unexplored section of the dungeon that you got to finish when you came back through the dungeon. Damn, they need to make something like that in the next Zelda game).

I agree, I like to be able to work for my dungeon item by solving that really hard puzzle or mid-boss. I thought this ALBW was one of the best Zelda's we have seen in quite some time on a handheld. Granted it is short but we did see some interesting ideas that could be used in future Zelda games.

I have a feeling that Zelda U is going to utilize some of the weapons-shop and open world ideas that they used in ALBW. I hope to see some local multiplayer or online pvp in future Zelda games. They danced with the idea in ALBW with the streetpass feature.

No, I don't see Local Multiplayer or Online PVP, they had those opportunities in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword and Wind Waker HD. I could see Miiverse tied into the game, but I don't see any of that.

I would want something more of what the Maiamai do and what the blacksmith in SS did, where they upgraded your items. That is something I would not mind to return as I thought it was a cool function in the game. I don't want to have to buy my items like in ALBW. I felt it worked best in that game because of the style of the game as it was meant to be like tons of dungeons that are short and sweet to make people nostaglic for ALTTP.

Back