Toad Eightyfive

used to be here but peaced out
Pronouns
Anything
MarioWiki
Toad85
This looks interesting...

i thought it looked awful

but then again it was on low quality because my internet is awful right now, so maybe that made it look worse than it really is?

Even if the Sonic cycle looks to be defeated, I'm not going to hype myself up until I see the final product.

Hmm, not bad...for the most part. The gameplay definitely gives off somewhat of a Sonic X-Treme vibe. Unfortunately, it still doesn't look as if they have any intention of making anyone other than Sonic playable, and like I've been saying for a while, I'm getting sick of that. I'm tired of them acting as if just about everybody but Sonic and Robotnik are insignificant, like they're of no worth to the series. That's been happening for the past six years.

On the bright side, at least they weren't milking the Unleashed engine again. I still don't see why this couldn't have been for the 360, PS3, or the PC. This "Nintendo-exclusive" business probably wouldn't even be happening if it weren't for all these Nintendo fanboys moaning and complaining about Generations not being on the Wii.

Call me cautiously optimistic with this. I really enjoyed Sonic Generations, and this is the first mainstream Sonic game made by Sonic Team since that game, so maybe they actually took their time making this game and made it good. It certainly looks pretty awesome, and after watching Game Grumps' playthrough of Sonic the Hedgehog 06, it feels like such a breath of fresh air. Like, wow, they're actually taking their time making games instead of just rushing them out with random bullcrap!

The new bad guys have me intrigued about what the story is, and it's also interesting that they're the main bad guys... Has be very curious about
Dr. Robotnik's whereabouts, given that he and his old self were trapped in that white zone at the end of Sonic Generations.

Overall, totally looking forward to this!

...PS, it's cool to see the little animal friends again, including the Flickies... Someone else pointed out that this is similar to a canceled Sonic game called Sonic Xtreme.

Solar Blaze said:
So are you. I did it first. :P
Well crud. :-[

Edit: I decided to look up stuff about the game, and I ended up finding this IGN article talking about the game:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/28/sonic-lost-world-taking-a-page-from-mario-galaxy

The article claims that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy will be in the story (good, I consider those the "main" characters, and really, the only characters Sonic really needs. As much as I like the other characters, simply having a sidekick, a foil, and a female character/love interest is enough).

As for Dr. Robotnik/Eggman, the article says this:

The story itself is, as you’d expect, remarkably simple. Sonic is chasing his longtime foe, Eggman, and encounters a mysterious floating island known as “Lost Hex.” It’s here where Sonic will run across the “Deadly Six” that SEGA has already teased, and Iizuka noted these foes will bring a “sense of danger and humor” to the story.

So I guess he made it out of that white zone...

Floating Island? So this is still technically in Sonic's World. "Lost Hex"... It all sounds too abstract to truly be a part of Sonic's world... Definitely want to see what the story's like now!

This game looks fun going by the trailer, if I do wind up getting it, I'd likely get the Wii U version.

I kinda dislike it how it's exclusive to Nintendo consoles because then the Xbox fanboys are going to complain this time round. (and yes solar I was one the Nintendo fanboys at the time, I'll admit it)

Why can't we have a Sonic game on all consoles so all Sonic fans can enjoy it.

Also I kinda dislike the style but I still think it looks pretty neat, I would like to see humans (other than Eggman) again in a Sonic game.

NSY said:
I kinda dislike it how it's exclusive to Nintendo consoles because then the Xbox fanboys are going to complain this time round. (and yes solar I was one the Nintendo fanboys at the time, I'll admit it).
Let them cry some more then.

I kind of hope Eggman isn't the final boss because that would be pretty underwhelming, in my opinion, at least with all the wacky bosses that were shown. I wouldn't mind if he was a semi-final boss or even a "fake" final boss, as in the true final boss is only unlocked when all X are complete or accomplished ala Kirby 64.

My guess is that the Deadly Six will fuse their powers together and create a huge mega monster with all their powers/elements and that will serve as the final boss.

Crackin355 said:
NSY said:
Also I kinda dislike the style

That's what is making me skeptical, the style looks kind of cheap and boring to me. Like the shitty iPod sonic game.
I agree with you but later on we'll grow to like it and I still like how they are using it.
Electro Specter said:
NSY said:
I kinda dislike it how it's exclusive to Nintendo consoles because then the Xbox fanboys are going to complain this time round. (and yes solar I was one the Nintendo fanboys at the time, I'll admit it).
Let them cry some more then.

I kind of hope Eggman isn't the final boss because that would be pretty underwhelming, in my opinion, at least with all the wacky bosses that were shown. I wouldn't mind if he was a semi-final boss or even a "fake" final boss, as in the true final boss is only unlocked when all X are complete or accomplished ala Kirby 64.

My guess is that the Deadly Six will fuse their powers together and create a huge mega monster with all their powers/elements and that will serve as the final boss.
I already have some theory that the Deadly Six are working for Eggman.

Smashgoom202 said:
The story itself is, as you’d expect, remarkably simple. Sonic is chasing his longtime foe, Eggman, and encounters a mysterious floating island known as “Lost Hex.” It’s here where Sonic will run across the “Deadly Six” that SEGA has already teased, and Iizuka noted these foes will bring a “sense of danger and humor” to the story.

I'll be pissed if I have to play as Sonic the entire time.

So you wan't more gimmicks then.

Ok...

No, I just want the option to play as other characters.

NSY said:
Crackin355 said:
NSY said:
Also I kinda dislike the style

That's what is making me skeptical, the style looks kind of cheap and boring to me. Like the shitty iPod sonic game.
I agree with you but later on we'll grow to like it and I still like how they are using it.

Yeah, that's what happened with me and Sticker Star. I really hated how it looked when it was first released but it grew on me once we found out more.

Back