Sonic Lost World

Just from the video the physics appear to be built off Sonic Dash, though on the other hand this looks a lot more like Sonic X-Treme with the SMG gravity.

But the boost gameplay was removed, so hopefully the fanbase won't get all angry just because they decided to change.

God, I'm a sonic fan but god do I hate the fanbase.

They treat SA2 like a god, love the boost gameplay, hate the team based in Sonic Heroes, hate the werehog stages in unleashed.

Mario4Ever said:
No, I just want the option to play as other characters.
So do I, but unfortunately, that's not going to be the case. Once again, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy are getting brushed aside to be given pathetically minor, non-playable roles like they've been doing for the past six years straight, thanks to all these idiot classic fanboys complaining about "shitty friends" and whatnot. There are plenty of people who actually like playing as other characters. People like them do not speak for the entire fanbase.

NSY said:

They treat SA2 like a god[...]
Uh, not really. First of all, that was what started the "Sonic Cycle" in the first place, where people started pissing and moaning about only wanting to play as Sonic. Secondly, as soon as the overrated likes of Generations came along, SA2 was suddenly dismissed by the fanbase as a piece of garbage, despite the former game being only half of what it was.

NSY said:
They treat SA2 like a god, love the boost gameplay, hate the team based in Sonic Heroes, hate the werehog stages in unleashed.

i think you just described me in a nutshell

except for the treating sa2 like god part, i've never been able to find a copy

Do you have an X-Box 360 and/or a Playstation 3? If so, then you could find it on X-Box Live Arcade and the Playstation Store. It also has a Steam/PC release, if I recall correctly.

NSY said:

Honestly, I kind of feel like the opposite. Sonic Heroes was the first sonic game I played and I still enjoy it and the werehog stages were alright in Unleashed. Although I do think Generations and Adventure 2 were the best because they were the ones I had the most fun with. Especially Generations, it was really enjoyable to play through.

NSY said:

My opinions

SA2 is a awesome game
Boost gameplay is very fun
Team gameplay is ok
Werehog stages are fun.

m4e

let's look at how many games let you play as sonic only

sonic 1, sonic 2, sonic 3, sonic 4, (ep. 1/2) sonic and knuckles, generations, unleashed

i'm sure there's more, but that fact is, a lot of the core sonic games let you play as sonic and sonic only

The Undertaker said:
m4e

sonic 1, sonic 2, sonic 3, sonic 4, (ep. 1/2) sonic and knuckles, generations, unleashed
I'm sorry, what? Admittedly, Tails' "playability" in Sonic 4: Episode II was pretty half-assed, but still.

Solar Blaze said:
The Undertaker said:
m4e

I'm sorry, what? Admittedly, Tails' "playability" in Sonic 4: Episode II was pretty half-assed, but still.

sonic 2: go into options, change to sonic only
sonic 3: pick a save file with sonic only
sonic 4, ep. 2: you only really play as sonic, tails is just ai

Oh, that's what you were saying. At first, I thought you meant that Sonic was the only playable character in those games.

About Episode II, though... Tails is playable in two-player mode.

Solar Blaze said:
Oh, that's what you were saying. At first, I thought you meant that Sonic was the only playable character in those games.

About Episode II, though... Tails is playable in two-player mode.

ok, that's a good point

but still

i'm talking about the main game itself

NSY said:
I kinda dislike it how it's exclusive to Nintendo consoles because then the Xbox fanboys are going to complain this time round. (and yes solar I was one the Nintendo fanboys at the time, I'll admit it)

Why can't we have a Sonic game on all consoles so all Sonic fans can enjoy it.

Also I kinda dislike the style but I still think it looks pretty neat, I would like to see humans (other than Eggman) again in a Sonic game.
I guess I can't really sympathize since I've always been a Nintendork, but apparently, this is all part of a long-term partnership between Nintendo and Sega. MIGHT have something to do with Bayonetta 2 also being a Wii U exclusive, but who knows, that might not be the case at all. What IS true is that there will be at least 3 Sonic games exclusive to Nintendo consoles, which are this one, the next Mario & Sonic Olympics game, and a future Sonic game.

But yeah, it does suck when a game you want to try is on a console you otherwise have no interest in.

Electro Specter said:
NSY said:
I kinda dislike it how it's exclusive to Nintendo consoles because then the Xbox fanboys are going to complain this time round. (and yes solar I was one the Nintendo fanboys at the time, I'll admit it).
Let them cry some more then.

I kind of hope Eggman isn't the final boss because that would be pretty underwhelming, in my opinion, at least with all the wacky bosses that were shown. I wouldn't mind if he was a semi-final boss or even a "fake" final boss, as in the true final boss is only unlocked when all X are complete or accomplished ala Kirby 64.

My guess is that the Deadly Six will fuse their powers together and create a huge mega monster with all their powers/elements and that will serve as the final boss.
I actually liked that, for the past two games, Dr. Robotnik/Eggman was the main bad guy as opposed to a bad guy who tries to use/abuse powers beyond his control and getting screwed over in the process... But we can just as easily fall into the same trapping here. Either way, if it turns out Dr. Robotnik/Eggman is the final boss, that's fine. If the Deadly Six somehow join forces or have a leader that is the final boss, that's fine, too. We're at a nice happy spot here, where I think I'd enjoy anything they give us.

The storyline has been revealed:

In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Robotnik has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Robotnik and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Use Sonic's amazing new moves and incredible Color Powers to speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside and upside down in every level.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59989265&postcount=2382

Solar Blaze said:

In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Robotnik has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Robotnik and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Use Sonic's amazing new moves and incredible Color Powers to speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside and upside down in every level.

>Robotnik in the quote
>Was Eggman in the actual thread post
>I c wat u did there

Anyway, well this isn't the only time Sonic's had to work with Eggman. The ending of SA2 being the most known one.

I know situations like this have been done to death but I love "hero teams up with arch nemesis" scenarios.

'3Kraid said:
I know situations like this have been done to death but I love "hero teams up with arch nemesis" scenarios.
Now this changes the whole scenario for me.

I will be extremely disappointed if Eggman is the final boss of the game because it will be the cliche "friend turning evil" sort of deal.

Solar Blaze said:

So wait, does this happen at the beginning, or do they turn on Dr. Eggman at the very end, just like every other modern Sonic game?

As far as I'm aware, that happens at the very beginning. I don't think they'd spoil the plot this early if it happens towards the end of the game.

Well, I'm feeling more confident about this game now that I've actually seen the gameplay footage. It looks like a game that's well thought-out and built, with actual skill involved, instead of just speed runs where you simply avoid obstacles avoiding obstacles.

Back