• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Otachi said:
As someone else stated, they announced Olimar around Pikmin 3's release and Luigi around the release of Dream Team. Let's look at some upcoming games.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD- Possibly either Ganondorf or Zelda announced.

Pokemon X and Y- A Pokemon character. Possibly Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, or new Mewtwo.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds- Possibly either Ganondorf or Zelda announced.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze- Possibly Diddy Kong.

Super Mario 3D World- Peach might be announced.

Yarn Yoshi or Yoshi's New Island- Yoshi will probably be announced.

This is all just speculation
So what about the characters who don't have games in the near future, like Captain Falcon, Falco/Wolf, the Ice Climbers, Ness, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch... When do they show up?

Terriermon said:
Otachi said:
As someone else stated, they announced Olimar around Pikmin 3's release and Luigi around the release of Dream Team. Let's look at some upcoming games.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD- Possibly either Ganondorf or Zelda announced.

Pokemon X and Y- A Pokemon character. Possibly Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, or new Mewtwo.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds- Possibly either Ganondorf or Zelda announced.

So what about the characters who don't have games in the near future, like Captain Falcon, Falco/Wolf, the Ice Climbers, Ness, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch... When do they show up?

what if they don't

well, ness and falcon are pretty much confirmed due to being part of the original 12, and the fact that the copyright page on the official websites says "Creatures INC", a.k.a: the company that owns the rights to ness.

The Undertaker said:
Terriermon said:
Otachi said:

what if they don't

well, ness and falcon are pretty much confirmed due to being part of the original 12, and the fact that the copyright page on the official websites says "Creatures INC", a.k.a: the company that owns the rights to ness.
And the other characters?

falco will most likely not be cut, however wolf will probably be

mr. game and watch is the representative of the pre-NES, post-playing card, nintendo days

the ice climbers represent the NES era

and marth will most likely stick around seeing as how he wasn't replaced in brawl, but roy was replaced with ike

Dean Winchester said:
Just a random thought: could it very well be possible that maybe because there's two Yoshi games coming out that Yoshi would be announced with one, and maybe another Yoshi character would be announced with another? I know there's not many characters to select from in the series, but I think it's possible.
The baby bros! ( as I like to call them )

Dean Winchester said:
Just a random thought: could it very well be possible that maybe because there's two Yoshi games coming out that Yoshi would be announced with one, and maybe another Yoshi character would be announced with another? I know there's not many characters to select from in the series, but I think it's possible.
Poochy

Dimentio said:
Dean Winchester said:
The baby bros! ( as I like to call them )

Yes!

Otachi said:

Actually it sounds pretty legit. It makes sense to announce a character as their game comes out.

Also I can't wait to see what new outfit Peach will be wearing this time around. X3

Demidevimon said:
I'd put money on a fire recolouration of her
It's very likely, given that there are fire palette swaps for Mario and Luigi. Plus, it wouldn't be much of a stretch from her white dress in Brawl. It's basically guaranteed that the dress won't be as detailed, but other than Fire Peach I don't think there'll be anything different.

Character wise: MG&W will be in, repersenting the first thing Nintendo ever did. Yoshi will be in due to Yarn Yoshi (UGH). Dixie Kong for the DKTC(Since there wern't ice levels) Ice Climbers are still a bit of a length, IDK about Pokemon, and most likely, another hilarity character(Aside from Wii Trainer) Wario will be in, due to Game and Wario. I dunno about stages, i'm sure everybody just cares about characters, like I do.

Mizurk said:
Character wise: MG&W will be in, repersenting the first thing Nintendo ever did. Yoshi will be in due to Yarn Yoshi (UGH). Dixie Kong for the DKTC(Since there wern't ice levels) Ice Climbers are still a bit of a length, IDK about Pokemon, and most likely, another hilarity character(Aside from Wii Trainer) Wario will be in, due to Game and Wario. I dunno about stages, i'm sure everybody just cares about characters, like I do.
Yoshi, is one of the original 12 characters he will most definitely be in new game or not.

I care a lot about stages, myself. I've been wanting Bowser's Castle since Melee.

Mizurk said:

You're right about Game and Watch.
Yoshi will be back not just because of Yarn Yoshi. But being in the series since the first game :P
I'm not 100% sure about Dixie yet. If there's a spot for a 3rd DK Rep it's competition between her and the one villain that's requested more then any other besides Ridley for Metroid: King K. Rool. Though I think DK is fine enough with just DK and Diddy.
I think Sakurai likes the Ice Climbers duo too much to let them go. They're even practically confirmed since Sakurai said he's trying to see how to implement characters like the Ice Climbers on the 3DS. Even if he has to half-ass them a bit on the 3DS version, I think the Ice Climbers are here to stay.

Also there's plenty to care more about then just the characters. Granted that's what MOST care about the most. But stages, music, any new modes that are made to allow SSB4 to be unique from the previous three games are all at interest for alot of people I imagine

it's the year of luigi, this is the year he finally gets on the starting roster

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
it's the year of luigi, this is the year he finally gets on the starting roster

You make it sound as if being unlockable was a bad thing. I think Luigi should definitely stay unlockable to keep the tradition and to change things a bit. Luigi is ALWAYS on the starting roster on every Mario game, and it changed only in Mario Golf 64.

Back