Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
This game looks better than it did when we first saw it. It will probably end up being one of, if not the, best-looking game on the Nintendo 3DS.

Man those Greninja colors are god tier and it seems that most, if not all of, Lucina's colors reference the female cast from Awakening.

Too bad Lucina has the same Final Smash as Marth. Yeah, yeah they were originally alts of each other, but it seems like wasted potential.

Kellam said:
Man those Greninja colors are god tier and it seems that most, if not all of, Lucina's colors reference the female cast from Awakening.

Too bad Lucina has the same Final Smash as Marth. Yeah, yeah they were originally alts of each other, but it seems like wasted potential.
Prepare for Dr. Finale and Three Shadow Treasures!

EDIT: We finally have a high-quality image of this game's most anticipated new stage!

PictoChat_2.png

Duskull said:
Apparently the release date for the Wii U version will be announced during the stream

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/09/10/smash-bros-wii-u-release-date-should-be-announced-on-friday-during-stream/
nope, rumor was false

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/09/10/report-super-smash-bros-wii-u-release-date-to-be-revealed-on-friday.aspx?utm_content=buffera0660&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Game Boy Toadvance said:
Duskull said:
Apparently the release date for the Wii U version will be announced during the stream

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/09/10/smash-bros-wii-u-release-date-should-be-announced-on-friday-during-stream/
nope, rumor was false

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/09/10/report-super-smash-bros-wii-u-release-date-to-be-revealed-on-friday.aspx?utm_content=buffera0660&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
This was always false. The date will be revealed on Saturday.

Some of those costumes seem similar to each other but some others look really good. The black/gold peach one stuck out to me. So did pink hair bowser.

Stripper pole palutena taunt visual confirmation.

edit: Lucina's colours look the best.

I hate it how some characters alternate colors are subtle (ie Pac-Man, Sonic) instead of different skins

that said i guess it's great we get like 8 colors this time for each character?

Baby Luigi said:
that said i guess it's great we get like 8 colors this time for each character?
Would've been better if every character got a unique alt among those 8 instead of 8 generic palette swaps. I mean it defeats the purpose of having more if you're just going to add more generic stuff

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Would've been better if every character got a unique alt among those 8 instead of 8 generic palette swaps. I mean it defeats the purpose of having more if you're just going to add more generic stuff

That I agree with

If no-budget hackers can make an impressive Dark Bowser vertex hack over Bowser, I don't see why Nintendo can't.

I was hoping for a Proto Man alt for Mega Man, but I am not too disappointed because I didn't really expect it anyway. The alt colours are amazing anyway.

is it really that hard to recolor marth's head red?

I heard that GameExplain (The same people who did all those videos of Mario Kart 8 and Smash) said that the US/Europe demo will be released on September 19th. I so hope that's true.

There is a problem that you only have 10-30 uses. But then just make all those uses very long, not just one match per use otherwise you lose the ability to use your Demo quickly.

Northern Verve said:
I heard that GameExplain (The same people who did all those videos of Mario Kart 8 and Smash) said that the US/Europe demo will be released on September 19th. I so hope that's true.

There is a problem that you only have 10-30 uses. But then just make all those uses very long, not just one match per use otherwise you lose the ability to use your Demo quickly.
Well the demo's the only thing I have to play on my JP 3DS so I just leave it on until release

Why is everything being released on Fridays these days?

y'know, that weekday where I happen to have no college classes?

Baby Luigi said:
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:

That I agree with

If no-budget hackers can make an impressive Dark Bowser vertex hack over Bowser, I don't see why Nintendo can't.

Its called not having to meet a deadline. Something hackers and modders have as a luxury.

Baby Luigi said:
Why is everything being released on Fridays these days?

y'know, that weekday where I happen to have no college classes?
Well, you get to play it. That's why, just for you.

Duh

Mcmadness said:
Its called not having to meet a deadline. Something hackers and modders have as a luxury.

It doesn't even take THAT much time and effort to make a good model import if you're experienced at rigging new models to bones

hell you can make vertex edits to rigs without even having to rerig the entire thing

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:

It doesn't even take THAT much time and effort to make a good model import if you're experienced at rigging new models to bones

hell you can make vertex edits to rigs without even having to rerig the entire thing

Regardless time constraints is generally the reason for admissions of such things. Either that or they weren't interested in those types of costumes.

That's true, but making alternate costumes isn't as hard as it sounds. Model importing something like, say, Strikers Mario, over Mario can be considered an alternate costume. You don't have to create new animations or new moveset files (or something) for characters, which is probably the toughest part of creating a new character. In fact the majority of the game development is spent making moveset, testing, balancing, testing, balancing, rinse and repeat.

Well lets be honest here if they did that it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Well not really. I think Strikers Mario would be a great alt for Mario (and well...Dr. Mario SHOULD be an alt)

larger version of the alt colors

Yab2WtT.jpg

Yep gonna be rockin' Thunder Beam Mega Man. Also, Lucina has a Cherche color scheme. i can play as my waifu

Back