• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Edit: Nevermind.

I REALLY wanted to comment on this, because I just have a lot to say about it, surprisingly enough!

Cuccos are in the game! It's awesome to see a recurring staple of The Legend of Zelda series appear. As I said in my trophies topic, I thought it was lame that the pigs from The Wind Waker got a trophy and not Cuccos, since they have essentially the same function (except Cuccos can actually hover a bit) and they attack Link if he attacks them too many times (except Cuccos attacks are a LOT more ferocious!). What I love even more about this is the fact that I feel a greater connection and understanding when it comes to Cucco here, since not only have I seen dozens of macro images and fan-made comics about the infamy of a Cucco attack, but I've actually done it! Once... a long time ago. I was a kid playing Link's Awakening, and I noticed you could attack Cuccos (which I called chickens at the time), and I wondered if I could attack it enough times to actually kill it and get some a Rupee or something, then all of a sudden, chickens started coming out nowhere attacking me! I ended up dying... and never attacking another chicken again.

This does beg a question, though. In Link's Awakening at least, I had to attack the Cucco multiple times (quite a lot if I recall correctly) in order to summon the attack... I wonder how many times you have to attack this Cucco in order to summon the attack. It can't be too many, because I feel like no one would be dumb enough to waste time attacking it too many times. Perhaps just once? That would make the most sense, seeing as the idea is to NOT attack it. Speaking of which, I remember Sakurai saying in Brawl, certain Assist Trophies could be attacked, but as far as I could tell, the only one that could be attacked was Stafy/Starfy, and since his attack is pretty pathetic and short-ranged, it essentially made him the worst of the Assist Trophies by default. It's nice to see that there will be more Assist Trophies that can be attacked, though I have to wonder if Starfy is going to get beefed up, so he's not quite as pathetic this time around.

Anyway, good update! Glad I got all of this out there before the next one!

zlCfzRrYKTkwJNfwDa

Comparison of the 3DS Version with and without the outlines. It looks much better with them in my opinion.

It looks great with or without the outlines, but the outlines give that comic-book style I love.

I honestly prefer no outlines. I just think that it makes it less pixilated looking and smoother. It doesn't stand out as much, but for some people like me, I really don't need to worry about them standing out.

I believe this is also the first screenshot in which multiplayer is shown.

NEXandGBX said:
zlCfzRrYKTkwJNfwDa

Comparison of the 3DS Version with and without the outlines. It looks much better with them in my opinion.

I am not a big fan of cel-shading, so I'd always go with the left option.

NEXandGBX said:
zlCfzRrYKTkwJNfwDa

both look pretty good but im more of a fan for the outlines so yeah.

Huckleberry Finn said:
Smashgoom202 said:
because I just have a lot to say about it, surprisingly enough!
It's not so surprising.
...Ohhh, I see what you did thar. :smug:

Seriously, though, when it comes to this daily screenshot business, unless it's a character confirmation, or an Assist Trophy or something like that, I rarely have that much to say. Today's update, for example, I honestly don't have much to say other then "oh, you can choose between having outlines or not, that's cool". I honestly don't care either way, though I like the idea that they include outlines so you can see the characters better.

zlCfzRrtpFQ02MRGOR

New item: the Ore Club from Kid Icarus: Uprising is an item. All I can say is I never used clubs in the game except to troll on multiplayer because they're so slow, and I assume the item will be exactly like that: very powerful but makes your character slow as hell.

It's funny how they used Sonic as the example of using this item.

GalacticPetey said:
Item from Kid Icarus?

Palutena confirmed.
i gotta say, if they keep adding more and more kid icarus stuff then a new game in the series becomes more and more likely

which is awesome

Back