4. Star 4.Mushroom
5.Mega Mushroom 5.Green Shell
6.Bob-omb 6.Banana
7.Fire Flower 7.Lightning Cloud
8. Super Leaf 8.Golden Mushroom
9.POW Block 9.Triple Red Shells
10.Fake Item Box 10.Triple Mushrooms

I don't have a favorite item.

However I do hate those demon-spiked shells.

For obvious reasons, my favorites are the Star, the Golden Mushroom and Bullet Bill. My most hated is the Blue Spiny Shell from Mario Kart: Double Dash onwards. It should be like in Mario Kart 64, where it will reach for the first but will also smash anyone on its way, and where it didn't appear very often.

I don't hate the Lightning Cloud because although it is a very annoying item, it can create some very fun madness when playing with humans. The only thing I would add to it is a way of getting rid of it. For example, you are on the 3rd place and you get the Lightning Cloud and you have no one near you. There should be some command you could make to get rid of it, like pressing a certain button repeatedly or something like that.

Best: Star (Mega Shroom a close 2nd)

Worst: Thunder Cloud (MKW; Blue Shell a close 2nd)

While the Blue Shell is brutal, nothing beats the stupidity of the Thunder Cloud. It does more harm than good, it's hard to get rid of in a worldwide or regional race due to lag, it appears too often (especially in one on ones; what was Nintendo thinking there?!), and worst of all, you can get another TC while shrunk from one 5 seconds before that. Atrocious item is atrocious. There's no reason for it to be this bad and it better not return ever again.

Favorite Items
Star
Green Shells/Triple Green Shells
Chain Chomp
Bob-omb
Mega Mushroom
Super Leaf
Boo
Lightning (pre-Mario Kart DS)

Least Favorite Items
Yoshi/Birdo Egg
Spiny Shell
Bullet Bill
Lucky 7
Fire Flower
Lightning (post-Mario Kart DS)

All other items I'm pretty indifferent too

Baby Luigi said:
Favorite Items
Star
Green Shells/Triple Green Shells
Chain Chomp
Bob-omb
Mega Mushroom
Super Leaf
Boo
Lightning (pre-Mario Kart DS)

Least Favorite Items
Yoshi/Birdo Egg
Spiny Shell
Bullet Bill
Lucky 7
Fire Flower
Lightning (post-Mario Kart DS)

All other items I'm pretty indifferent too
What's wrong with Lucky 7? it always helps me win. :(

In battle mode, it's exceptionally cheap, especially when you have a certain item (shells and bananas to be exact). The CPUs can get it too

I DESPISE seeing my opponent with 7 shells circling him. He's almost guaranteed to get a single point out of this.

Favorite: Bullet Bill, Lucky 7
Least Favorite: Banana.

Baby Luigi said:
In battle mode, it's exceptionally cheap, especially when you have a certain item (shells and bananas to be exact). The CPUs can get it too

I DESPISE seeing my opponent with 7 shells circling him. He's almost guaranteed to get a single point out of this.
CPUs can't get one, but they can get one with one same item. but you and some other people can get it on Online Multiplayer, case closed.
but yeah, choose a course like Big Donut and you can dodge a Lucky 7.

Did I forget to mention that I hate Big Donut too?

The only item I have a problem with is the Spiny Blue Shell, it should be blockable. Also, I want the Thunder Cloud to return.

Beat said:
The only item I have a problem with is the Spiny Blue Shell, it should be blockable. Also, I want the Thunder Cloud to return.

I don't think the Spiny Shell should be blockable. The reason we have a Spiny Shell in the first place is balance issues. Imagine somebody in a comfortable first place with triple bananas. That person would be impossible to pin down, so that's why we have Spiny Shells to give other racers a better chance.

Spiny Shells are still flawed, though, and I'd like to see them tweaked. They should act as the one in Mario Kart 64. Mario Kart 7 is close, but the problem is that Nintendo wanted that thing to fly through the air and walls AND make characters bounce in a random direction after they get hit. That's not cool. And the Spiny Shells appear, like, once every two laps. I don't mind how you retain the item after you get hit, though. For slower vehicles, that gives them a chance to block further item abuse or shoot the red shell they have kept.

I really don't think people winning solely because the person who was in first got hit by a Spiny Shell a good concept.

Which is why I think they should be removed.

They're terrible items. Offensively, since some of the items fly directly in front of the opponent, they have a chance of grabbing the star or mushroom that pops out of it before you do. And if the opponent it is seeking is too far ahead, the egg breaks within a certain distance. I prefer red shells.

I hate the so called Spiny Shell MK fanboy hate.

It's there for a good reason, keep the race interesting, it puts a but of luck into the skill.

I find all the items to be good. Only one I find bad is the thunder cloud and the heart from DD cuz it is limited to certain items on the ground.

YoshiGo99 said:
the heart from DD cuz it is limited to certain items on the ground.

The only item on the ground it can't get are Chain Chomps, really

NSY said:
I hate the so called Spiny Shell MK fanboy hate.

It's there for a good reason, keep the race interesting, it puts a but of luck into the skill.
Randomized items are already enough luck.

Best items are Star, Bullet Bill, Boo, Bob-omb and Lucky Seven.

Worst items are Thunder Cloud, POW Block and Fake Item Box.

Back