Super Mario Galaxy 3 for Wii U

In the January 2013 Nintendo Direct, they announced a new 3D Mario game for Wii U. i have a seeking feeling that it is Super Mario Galaxy 3...am i the only one? :???:

As much as I like the Super Mario Galaxy games, I would like a game with a new and different experience.

Toad Eightyfive said:
I would say yes, as long as the following tips are followed:

1: Make the gameplay somewhat different from the first two games. We don't need another clone. Maybe you could use the touchscreen to activate switches and the gyroscope to perform new moves never seen before, or use the 3D effect to create new graphically complex worlds. Also, make the levels less linear and more adventurous (except for Yoshi levels; details in #3) than the first two games.

2: Don't make another "Defeat Bowser/Save the princess" game. Introduce a new villain, or have a returning one appear (Shroobs, anyone?). Also, make the story line complex and RPG-like. I would like something like that.

3: Introduce several different game-play modes to variate and spice up the game. For example, have not only Mario (standard levels), but Luigi (skill and platforming), Yoshi (combat and Chimp-esque challenges), Wario (minigames)and Rosalina (Pikmin clone with Lumas) join the party with levels of their own.

4: Multiplayer. There must be good multiplayer. I don't care exactly how it is executed, but it must be better than what SMG and SMG2 did, which was not much.

I concur with me from a year and a half ago.

I will refuse to buy a new galaxy game. Would like to see something like Mario 64 or maybe a Sunshine sequel instead. Or something entirely new.

New Super Mario said:
I will refuse to buy a new galaxy game. Would like to see something like Mario 64 or maybe a Sunshine sequel instead. Or something entirely new.
Couldn't agree more. I loved SMG, and SMG2 was pretty good too, but adding a third installment in the series is just overusing the idea. I would be much happier for a Sunshine sequel.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a s--ty sequel, but it's a great stand-alone game. Now? I'd pass on that if they make such a crappy excuse for a game

Well, I want to see a totally new theme and original ideas for a 3D game. If they just copy the same gameplay and story, it would be just rated as same as Galaxy 2.

Maybe there's something new in it. But if there will be two 3D game in WiiU era, don't give us Galaxy 4.

If it's Super Mario Galaxy 3, I've lost some more hope for Nintendo developers. I mean, Next Level Games (Luigi's Mansion) outdid the New Super Mario Bros. and the Super Mario 3D Land teams by coming with a Mario game I like to have: a good balance between the old and the new.

Super Mario Galaxy shouldn't be a series. I'd hate that. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was one rehash too much.

I'd rather see something new. Super Mario Galaxy is one of my favourite games ever, but I thought Galaxy 2 already didn't live up to it. A third one might be even less fun than those and it would feel kinda stale. Plus I'd love to see what they came up with this time.

Make it a trilogy, but end it off there. Shroobs need to be in it, too. I can't believe Mario had two adventures in space and not a single Shroob was seen. I agree mostly with what Toad85 said. Bowser should not kidnap Peach again, or she should not be kidnapped at all. I'd like something more like "stop the villain before he secures his rule over the universe/destroys the universe." Not "save the princess even though you will never have any hope of getting together with her."

Lord Spongeful said:
"stop the villain before he secures his rule over the universe/destroys the universe."

That kind of was also part of the plot of the Galaxy games, though...

Toa 95 said:
Lord Spongeful said:
"stop the villain before he secures his rule over the universe/destroys the universe."

My point is there doesn't need to be a princess to save every stinking time. Also it needs to be more interesting. In Galaxy 2 I expected Bowser to come back after I seemingly beat him, but I didn't expect his final form to be so pathetic I'd like something similar to the "dimensional void" from SPM.

Lord Spongeful said:
Toa 95 said:
Lord Spongeful said:

My point is there doesn't need to be a princess to save every stinking time. Also it needs to be more interesting. In Galaxy 2 I expected Bowser to come back after I seemingly beat him, but I didn't expect his final form to be so pathetic I'd like something similar to the "dimensional void" from SPM.

There was the black hole at the end of the first game which pretty much was the same thing as the Void, but on a far lesser scale (although apparently according to actual science they don't really "suck up everything in the universe", as the popular idea dictates, but this is Mario Galaxy, and Nintendo to my knowledge does not have any professional physicists...).

Maybe it's a Bowser Black Hole, it's a special one the Bowser world makes and sucks everything in.

Baby Luigi said:
Maybe it's a Bowser Black Hole, it's a special one the Bowser world makes and sucks everything in.

Even though it was created when his sun exploded...

If anything the smaller ones seen in the levels are probably closer to actual black holes, though probably not by much...

Even then, those black holes aren't anything like real black holes. For starters, black holes of that size would probably suck not only Mario in but also the platforms he's standing on. Second, black holes are usually created by an exploding star of super high mass. So small ones usually don't make sense (though there is the Hadron Collider that makes mini-black holes...still, that's not my point). And lastly, you can't see black holes unless they are emitting X-Rays after they sucked in something and even then, it's not visible light.

I could go on, and saying stuff like this is pointless, but it's fun to point out how fantastical this world is...

Baby Luigi said:
Even then, those black holes aren't anything like real black holes. For starters, black holes of that size would probably suck not only Mario in but also the platforms he's standing on. Second, black holes are usually created by an exploding star of super high mass. So small ones usually don't make sense (though there is the Hadron Collider that makes mini-black holes...still, that's not my point). And lastly, you can't see black holes unless they are emitting X-Rays after they sucked in something and even then, it's not visible light.

True enough, I suppose. It's not like I'm a physicist or what not, so what would I know?

MCS said:
I don't understand why people hated Galaxy 2 so much.
No, it's just the same thing for recent NSMB games, no freshness. We ask for a game that can bring new gameplay and stories.

Dorayaki said:
No, it's just the same thing for recent NSMB games, no freshness. We ask for a game that can bring new gameplay and stories.
YES. This x 999,999. Sticker Star is the worst offender. NSMB is trying to take over the entire Marioverse! [quote author=Miyamoto]It's fine without a story, do we really need one?[/quote] Please, give us a fresh story! Listen to the fans for once!

Actually, the games do have a story. Just a very crappy and cliched one

If they really want a Super Mario Galaxy 3, I'd love to see Nintendo adhere to science and debunk popular space myths (other than exploding in outer space).

That was sort of a joke.

Yeah, enough with the small distances between asteroids in the asteroid belt BS

Back