The Official E3 2013 Thread

Crackin355 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
I'm one of those people who dosent care what game a console is on as long as it is good.

The only problem is that most people don't want to or can't afford to buy more consoles so they have to choose between them. It doesn't matter how good a game is if you don't have a console that can play it. So choosing between companies and systems is necessary (Unless you have the money to buy them all).
That is also me.

BMB, you have to open your eyes a little bit.

I, too, only play Nintendo really now, but I love my PS1 and PS2.

Of course, now that Spyro has been destroyed and humiliated by Activision, and all the new Crash games are just mediocre, I don't bother picking up Sony consoles anymore and just hope I can get the games I want on the Nintendo console (which isn't always the case, sadly. I REALLY wanted to pick up Tomb Raider and never got too.)

Some of my best memories are playing the Classic Spyro games on the PS1. It filled me with such joy, I still love the games SO much today.

Spyro to me, is like your guys Super Mario 64 (which is probably why I don't connect to the 3D Mario games as much like the Galaxy games, since I'm so used to Spyro). Have to admit though, Spyro is Far, far, far better. (even taking my nostalgianess out of the way, it clearly is the better game. :P )

I remember playing games like Thrillville on the PS2 with my cousins too, or Need for Speed, or even Crash of the Titans wasn't too bad.

So, anyway, the Playstation and some of their games hold a special place in my heart, just as many of the Nintendo games do. And BMB, you have to realize that other companies also offer all the genres like Nintendo does as you mentioned. :D

Crackin355 said:
Zae said:
Crackin355 said:
Unknown Entity said:
I guess I'm just an optimistic individual when it comes to gaming?

Sounds about right, although there are a good number of people on here that don't really side with any one company and just play what they like. I guess I don't really enjoy Microsoft consoles because I don't really like any of the exclusives in there compared to Nintendo and to a lesser extent; Sony.

too bad nintendo isn't really getting any tales of games, eh?

yeah, that kind of blows. Luckily they decided to make the PS3 the home of the newer Tales games instead of the 360, since I don't plan on buying a 360 anytime soon (So I can't play Vesperia sadly).

a real pity, vesperia is really great, and ive probably spent over 500 hours playing it.

But i can understand, getting a system for one game is not worth it.

cryoAwakening said:
I was meaning that Nintendo's consoles are more all-around in terms of age-focused games.

Like Mario is meant for earlier players, casual players, and family gaming in multiplayer things.

Zelda is more for the more moderate gamer that enjoys solving puzzles, exploring huge worlds, and like a bit of violence.

Pokemon is more for the rpg players and the more dedicated players as they usually are time consuming in the gameplay.

Metroid is more for the mature players that love shooting games and such, and though it doesn't meet all needs, at least it goes up there with killing/shooting games nowadays.

Pikmin is definitely for the strategic player that often love to deal under the stress of a time limit and figure out how to make each day better than the last in terms of organization, gameplay, and action.

Kirby goes back to the more casual players and again more focused on the younger gaming audience with some of their games.

Smash Bros. is for those that love fighting games, as well as strong players battling each other out to show dominance.

Now, I didn't mean to make it out like every video gamer will love Nintendo or anything, I'm just saying is that Nintendo focuses their game and their series on a broader scope based on age. Like, most of their games have a good amount in each category. Xbox and PS are doing better with it, but most of their games deal with more mature stuff, and haven't really had many games in family gaming and towards younger audiences. Not saying they don't have games in those categories per se, but Nintendo has a more balanced approach to their games.
To be honest, a good number of hardcore gamers do like the Mario games.

I see myself as a moderate nintendo gamer.

Crocodile Dippy said:
cryoAwakening said:
I believe that Nintendo is the best console for all gamers. It has great games and series for all-type of gamers.
Nintendo is a console? And last I checked, they've never made a game about exploring the creative mental worlds of the minds of other characters; nor a non-linear "pick your own path" action-stealth game with outstanding writing and an in-depth story concerning issues of cybernetic implants, cyber-terrorism, a Big Brother-esque totalitarianist government, and the emergent power struggle; nor a deconstructive observation of the modern military shooter that observes real issues of post-traumatic stress disorder, the ethics and problems of Western cultures waging war in foreign countries for situations they barely understand, and the extremes you would personally go just to survive and feel like the "hero"; nor a zombie point and click adventure game that focuses less on brutalising waves of monsters but rather on the interactions, emotions, and personality clashes between survivors in a world that's collapsed around them... uhh, list could go on for a while.
Oh, I know which games you're talking about! Watch Dogs, Spec Ops, and The Walking Dead?

To be honest, the reason I got my 360 is because the Wii no longer had what I wanted. And the PS3 was more expensive.

New Super Mario said:

I, too, only play Nintendo really now, but I love my PS1 and PS2.

Of course, now that Spyro has been destroyed and humiliated by Activision, and all the new Crash games are just mediocre, I don't bother picking up Sony consoles anymore and just hope I can get the games I want on the Nintendo console (which isn't always the case, sadly. I REALLY wanted to pick up Tomb Raider and never got too.)

Some of my best memories are playing the Classic Spyro games on the PS1. It filled me with such joy, I still love the games SO much today.

Spyro to me, is like your guys Super Mario 64 (which is probably why I don't connect to the 3D Mario games as much like the Galaxy games, since I'm so used to Spyro). Have to admit though, Spyro is Far, far, far better. (even taking my nostalgianess out of the way, it clearly is the better game. :P )

I remember playing games like Thrillville on the PS2 with my cousins too, or Need for Speed, or even Crash of the Titans wasn't too bad.

So, anyway, the Playstation and some of their games hold a special place in my heart, just as many of the Nintendo games do. And BMB, you have to realize that other companies also offer all the genres like Nintendo does as you mentioned. :D
I agree with Spyro being more fun than Super Mario 64. For me it draws with the Galaxy games on how good they are which is 4/5. Of course though like you have big nostaglia for Spyro I do for Crash and I will always love his games.

cryoAwakening said:
I just don't like reading magazines being so bias and trying to state that one console completely is unmatched and is perfect all across the board.

Minus your painfully, painfully narrow views, this is an important thing to address. Yes, Game Informer is biased as shit. That's why I said you should use another news source, like Destructoid.

Secondly, lemme give you the power rating of each of the competitors- THE REAL ONE.

PS4: 8-Core AMD, 8GB GDDR5, AMD GPU (based on 7870)
Xbone: 8-core AMD, 8GB DDR3, AMD GPU (based on 7790, which is less powerful)

Their processors are just about equal, but the GPU of the PS4 is 50% more powerful than the Xbone's, and the memory bandwidth is three times faster despite being the same amount. In addition, the PS4 OS only uses 1 GB of faster RAM for the OS while the Xbone OS uses 3 GB of slower RAM, meaning the PS4 has 7 GBs of fast RAM to use for games and the Xbone has 5 GBs of slow RAM to use for games.

The PS4 is also smaller and $100 cheaper. The winner, in terms of hardware power, should be fucking obvious.

The WiiU's processor is a funny story. While overall weaker than the PS4, the core-for-core performance is actually stronger- the WiiU's processor is a triple-core and the PS4's is an octa-core, but three cores from the WiiU are stronger than 3 cores from the PS4. I estimate the processing power to actually be about half that of the PS4 and Xbone. Nobody really knows what the deal with the WiiU's GPU is, but some people theorize it's about half as powerful as the PS4's, while still being weaker than the Xbone's. It's also disadvantaged in terms of RAM- the Xbone has 5 GB to use for games and the WiiU has 3.

Overall, obviously, the WiiU is the weakest, HARDWARE-WISE, of the bunch. However, the power gap is nowhere near as large as it was last gen- and first party titles will likely be looking extremely nice the later we get into the generation. People just need to learn the WiiU's strange architecture.

Regardless, consoles are for games. What console you get shouldn't be dependent on some fanboy bullshit or how powerful it is- it should be how much games it has that interest you.

Personally, I'll be going with my 3DS, PC, and will be buying a PS4 and WiiU for this gaming generation.

You guys?

I will most likely skip this generation, or at least wait some years. Especially since Microsoft won't be discontinuing the Xbox 360. If I do end up getting an Xbox One/PS4/Wii U, I'll go for the cheapest one. After all, I'm sure I'll find interesting games for whichever console I choose, and it's not like I buy a shitton of games.

ill be getting a 3ds, i might get a wii u as well because things are looking neat for it.

Not sure about ps4, haven't really checked it out yet, but i loved the ps1, 2, and 3. So i'll probably get it anyway, especially since sony systems are more rpg focused.

Xbox one ill probably avoid, while i did love the 360 to death. The xbox one just seems like it has too many problems for me to care about, unlike every other system.

If I ever had to only buy one console, I would always have to choose the Nintendo console. I enjoy games from all platforms, but Nintendo holds a special place in my heart.

My plan is to stick with my 3DS and hopefully get a 360 since it won't be discontinued for a while and it has some games on that I can only get on it. I would like to say that I am interested in the Wii U but Tank Tank Tank! and the Wonderful 101 are the only games I would want to get on it so far that you cant get on other consoles for cheaper so I'm not really bothered right now about it.

i'm sticking to my wii u and i may or may not eventually get a 3ds (original or xl, doesn't matter) sometime down the line

I have a 3DS and I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a Wii U before the year ends. Maybe the PS4 eventually too.

I need to save up for a Wii U now that the new Smash is coming out.

Although it's coming out for 3DS too, so I suppose I should just get one of those. Especially since that way I won't have to keep borrowing Waker's.

Yoshidude99 said:
My plan is to stick with my 3DS and hopefully get a 360 since it won't be discontinued for a while and it has some games on that I can only get on it. I would like to say that I am interested in the Wii U but Tank Tank Tank! and the Wonderful 101 are the only games I would want to get on it so far that you cant get on other consoles for cheaper so I'm not really bothered right now about it.
The 360 will stop having games made very soon.

I think a PS3 would do better for you, I also think you will like the Rachet and Clank games.

NSY said:
Yoshidude99 said:

I think a PS3 would do better for you, I also think you will like the Rachet and Clank games.

^^^^^^^

ratchet and clank games are freaking amazing and i strongly reconmend if you like tps or platformers(plus the humor in the games is hilarious).

I've only played on game in the series and it was like 10 years ago since I last played it.

First game I played as well.

Zae said:
NSY said:
Yoshidude99 said:

^^^^^^^

ratchet and clank games are freaking amazing and i strongly reconmend if you like tps or platformers(plus the humor in the games is hilarious).
Insomniac Games <3 you will always hold a special place in my heart, even if I can't get a hold of your ratchet and clank games.

New Super Mario said:

Jack English said:
Minus your painfully, painfully narrow views

Gosh you guys, all I said is that Nintendo has a more balanced syllabus for age groups. I never said that Xbox or PS didn't have great games like Spryo, Crash, Littlebigplanet, Portal, Minecraft...the list goes on...are not great games that both are excellent and do aim really good at more age groups than some of there more violent games on their systems. Just, Nintendo has more options in each age category on a younger aspect while PS and Xbox tend to have more games in some age-groups while not as many in some other categories.

Don't get me wrong, I think that some of Nintendo in general are more focused on younger age groups and family gaming, but they just have a lot of age groups well covered. PS and Xbox definitely have games in all categories, but they tend to be more for advanced gamers.

I'm definitely not saying that they don't have any good games for certain ages like that. Just because I don't own the other systems doesn't mean I don't have good enough knowledge from those systems, or still play them.

Jack English said:
You still spoke as if Nintendo consoles are the best for everyone. They're not.

Nintendo is an excellent console for younger and more causal gamers. They don't have good games that other consoles have.

And did you even read what I said about Xbox and PS being really good visual and they usually have better technology?

Hobbes said:
Oh, I know which games you're talking about! Watch Dogs, Spec Ops, and The Walking Dead?

To be honest, the reason I got my 360 is because the Wii no longer had what I wanted. And the PS3 was more expensive.
Replace Watch Dogs with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

cryoAwakening said:
Dumb stuff
Zelda has been slowly destroying all the things you mentioned, Skyward Sword getting rid of that big open world, and those challeging puzzles. And I don't know what games you played, but it was never about violence.
Metroid is a shooter now? What the hell are you talking about? Metroid WAS a great exploration game with some small shooter mechanics, but it was mainly for the exploration and openness of the world that you played it, not that shit Other M was.
Pikmin can be difficult, but it's still a really dumbed down strategy game whose time limit it really easy to plan around.
Smash Bros is not supposed to be something for fighting game fans, it's supposed to be a party/fighting hybrid that the FGC mutated into a pro fighting game for Melee, which is why Sakurai implemented such dumb shit as tripping in order to not allow fighting game fans to have fun.
I really weep for any so called "gamer" that only has Nintendo consoles, they're missing out on thousands of great games, especially last gen, because of their blind loyalty to a faceless corporation that couldn't give two shits about them and seems to only focus on what Japan needs. They're missing games like Metal Gear, Assassin's Creed, Journey, Walking Dead, Spec Ops, Devil May Cry, Half Life, Prince of Persia, Super Meat Boy, Portal, Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto, inFamous, Saints Row, Bioshock Infinite, Mirror's Edge, System Shock, the list goes on, but the point is that if you enjoy gaming, you should consider expanding your horizons, because you never know what you'll find out there, and keeping it safe with and like Nintendo with the same IPs is a really stupid move.

Xpike, SS still had three smaller open worlds, it was taking the series in a new direction. And when did the puzzles get easy, I never really noticed that.

However the one thing I disliked about that game is the Flying.

Also you can get the more recent AC games on Nintendo.

Back