Will the "Year of Luigi" affect the Next Mario 3D?

Xerneas said:
chillv said:
Again, I have been saying this on MiiVerse several times. Why the year of luigi? Wheres the year of bowser or bowser jr.? The bad guys deserve recognition too.

One at a time, one at a time.

I think Year of Bowser was 2009 with BiS and everything, and basically the only main Mario game that came out that year.

New super mario bros wii was released in 2009,

Anyway, I don't think nintendo will release a new 3d mario game this year simply because it's luigi's year to shine for once and not to mention the slew of other nintendo releases coming out this summer. Then again this is nintendo were talking about, sometimes they do things on a whim like changing release dates, *cough* pikmin *cough*

believe it or not, a popular report going around is the next 3D mario game will be released in october of this year

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/03/3d-mario-will-be-released-on-wii-u-by-october-report/

That would be insane if it did get released in octrober. However, it's highly unlikly.

They need to give us info about the SSB4 game.

I have a feeling that Nintendo is going to reveal the 3D Mario game or SSB4 or both at E3 this year.

They aren't having a big showcase this year though, so...

GrammarYoshi said:
Yes it does. Kappa, Godzilla, Wasabi, Weird flavored Doritos' and Pepsi's. Isn't it enough reason?
>Doesn't want Nintendo to make references to Chinese culture.
>Creates a random list of things mostly associated with Japan.

...Ok.

Xerneas said:
They need to give us info about the SSB4 game.

I have a feeling that Nintendo is going to reveal the 3D Mario game or SSB4 or both at E3 this year.

They aren't having a big showcase this year though, so...

They don't need a big showcase to provide us with quality information.

I don't think it will affect the new title. If anything, I think it'd be cool if it affected it in the way that you could have co-op gameplay with Mario & Luigi. One on the gamepad and another on the screen.

That's just something I think would be a good addition, even if it doesn't happen.

Solar Blaze said:
NSY said:
I actually wouldn't mind a 3D NSMB however.
In a way, that's basically what 3D Land was.

Yeah, and it really wasn't that good compared to other 3D mario games. It shows that mixing two good things won't always make an even better thing.

Anyway, I will love the Next 3D mario game if they keep the following.

1.The music note block challenges
2. The music note paths
3. The mystery boxes

I will also like if they made levels that weren't about just platforming.

Warning! Spoilers to Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine starts here!
For example, Super Mario Galaxy had a galaxy called the loop da loop galaxy (something like that) and you go ray surfing. In Sunshine, you can go blooper surfing and even ride the rollercoaster to pop balloons.
In Mario 64, you can ride down slides. I wish they could add more levels like that to balance out the platfoming sections
Warning! Spoilers to Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine ends here!

chillv said:
Solar Blaze said:
NSY said:

Yeah, and it really wasn't that good compared to other 3D mario games. It shows that mixing two good things won't always make an even better thing.

Was it really not that good? I thought it was really fun to play. A little short, but it didn't drag on too long like some games. I liked Galaxy 2 better, but this game was my second favourite 3D Mario game. But that's just my opinion.

carckin355 said:
chillv said:
Solar Blaze said:
NSY said:

Was it really not that good? I thought it was really fun to play. A little short, but it didn't drag on too long like some games. I liked Galaxy 2 better, but this game was my second favourite 3D Mario game. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, the only thing I didn't like about SM3DL was that it was too damn short. Plus the Special Worlds stages felt like remakes of the normal stages. In fact, I think they were...
Great game, but I liked the Star-collecting from the earlier 3D games better.

GrammarYoshi said:
They could make Vietnamese and Russian references in some games.
Vietnamese refs are very unlikely to happen.

but russian references would be more likely.

but I think they already did that with thousand year door.

Chai Kingdom was awesome in Super Mario Land. Why not have other cultural themes in other Mario games?

Lord Spongeful said:
carckin355 said:
chillv said:
Solar Blaze said:
NSY said:

Yeah, the only thing I didn't like about SM3DL was that it was too dang short. Plus the Special Worlds stages felt like remakes of the normal stages. In fact, I think they were...
Great game, but I liked the Star-collecting from the earlier 3D games better.

That's what I mean, it is too short, the star coins are placed like food products in a grocery store and the game was way too easy.

3D Land is more of a 2D platforming Mario converted to a 3D perspective, if anything

i think we need to see the current Nintendo Wii U position, they annouced and released 3D Land in less of one year (GDC Beta Images 2011, E3 Trailer 2011, Novebemer Release 2011) they need a killer title and the mustacho plumber is the savor in many cases :mario:...maybe they can made a game with luigi as playable since first level :luigi: instead a now not-so-secret unlockeable character

I am currently on what the Wii U can offer.

Right now, it's kind like "meh" with the Wii U's potential because there needs to be a lot more games to really experience it. I mean, Nintendo Land definitely shows what is in store that can be used in later games, but NSMBU didn't really use the Gameplay other than if you were playing by yourself.

The Mario 3D I hope isn't going to be like the co-player things from SMG & SMG2 where Player 2 is just aiding the player [barely]. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else gets the Gameplay and just clicks on enemies to stun them and grab stuff, like the P2 thing I just said.

I don't know, I just want to see more overworld in Mario games. I'm really starting to get very tired at how linear and separated every Mario game is now. I mean, it feels like every Mario game now is just levels or missions, and that is it; nothing really connecting everything.

Dorayaki said:
> so, Will the "Year of Luigi" affect the Next Mario 3D?

Uh, how? For a character already playable starred in most SMB games?

I like Luigi more than Mario, but it would be that Luigi have more focus than his brother. If it's Year of Peach, Wario or Toad and give them those additional favors you mentioned, it makes sense to me. Besies Luigi's Mansion, I don't really know how to give Luigi more spotlight than he has now.

I agree. Luigi does have it pretty good already. There are plenty of Mario characters who deserve more love. Luigi has plenty of love already.

I even think Luigi has MORE love than Mario, considering the fan attention he gets through fan art, praise, and other stuff. I can't even blame Luigi; Mario is a bland character compared to Luigi.

What makes luigi so so great is that he is scared of just about everything, and yet every stand alone game he has been in(all two of them) he comes out on top as the hero.

Mario can be almost to fearless at times in the face of a giant boss or obstacle. Whereas luigi makes a mess in his pants everytime he sees his shadow, but he becomes the hero in the end. If it were'nt for luigi, mario would still be stuck in a painting.

Luigi is a real zero...... I mean Hero.

Koopaul said:
Dorayaki said:
I agree. Luigi does have it pretty good already. There are plenty of Mario characters who deserve more love. Luigi has plenty of love already.
Things beside game appearances could be new co-player mode in 3D gme and an independent storyline for Luigi. Though I don't think it's difficult to give multiple storyline in past SMB games.

The only thing Luigi doesn't have and Mario has is being a major part of official front artworks. But Mario is the only well-recognized protagonist. It would be unfair again if only Luigi gets some favor this year (especially for Peach the heroine).

Dorayaki said:
Koopaul said:
Dorayaki said:
Things beside game appearances could be new co-player mode in 3D gme and an independent storyline for Luigi. Though I don't think it's difficult to give multiple storyline in past SMB games.

The only thing Luigi doesn't have and Mario has is being a major part of official front artworks. But Mario is the only well-recognized protagonist. It would be unfair again if only Luigi gets some favor this year (especially for Peach the heroine).

We need a Super Princess Peach 2

Well...theres gonna be many nintendo directs during the E3 then they will reveal if the next mario comes this year (the EAR of Luigi) or not

KingMario128 said:
Dorayaki said:
It would be unfair again if only Luigi gets some favor this year (especially for Peach the heroine).
If you mean a sequal based on the same formula, no, that's not expecting. As the thread topic suggests, we're interested in how the "Year of Peach" affect the Next NSMB / Mario 3D.

My biggest concern is if they chose Luigi because they need little cost to highlight him. This slogan can be a good idea only when other characters get their own showtime too.

Dorayaki said:
KingMario128 said:
Dorayaki said:
It would be unfair again if only Luigi gets some favor this year (especially for Peach the heroine).
If you mean a sequal based on the same formula, no, that's not expecting.

I just want the end of the Perry´s un-finished story...maybe it will never come to a end and never had a sequel....like Sonic Chronicles

Back