EA is the only third party that hates Nintendo

Time Turner said:
250px-Mysims_artbox.jpg

6UIBMCT.jpg

Y'know, just Chaz McFreely's face would make a pretty awesome smiley.

Ness said:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/senior_ea_employee_caught_out_criticising_wii_u_on_twitter

EA attacked Wii U on twitter after Nintendo Direct
He says that it's crap.

Is this a joke or something, he's going to get the sack.

No other third party has said this yet.

EDIT: People at school praise EA because of FIFA and yet that game looks great. Is it confirmed FIFA 14 will be coming to Wii U?

Ness said:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/senior_ea_employee_caught_out_criticising_wii_u_on_twitter

What. A. Wanker.
Mist Ea games suck these days so why don't they go fuck themselves rather than dissing a powerhouse company like nintendo. It will only end badly for EA.

That means no Star Wars, no Need for Speed, no anything from EA.

But most of all, no sports games, the Wii U will be missing out on the soccer simulator. Nintendo has been attacked by one of the biggest third party developers.

Many developers that work for EA are going to leave having EA as their publishers after seeing this.

Many Nintendo fans hate EA and it's obiovous now, they make good games but think Nintendo fans should not be allowed to play because they have a shitty taste in games. I hope this guy gets the sack and EA gets someone who likes Wii U.

It was a stupid idea that Disney given EA the rights for Star Wars games, I actually see these rights getting taken away because of what they said.

I don't hate EA but I do hate the fact that they hate Nintendo. I plan to get a Wii U this year, and a PS4 in the future and I'm sure EA are making games there.

They are the only third party that really hates Nintendo. Other companies that don't release games there are just a bit worried that the game might not sell on there. This guy might be the only guy that hates Nintendo but is powerful enough to stop people from releasing their games on Nintendo systems.

He has to have the sack and get replaced, he's made some good games but he hates Nintendo and treats them like Nintendo is for babies. It's not true, Nintendo still has a lot of 12-17 year old fans out there who love Nintendo and their games. Nintendo has Ubisoft, Sega and Activision on their side and still making games for them. I mean I would be nice if GTA5 went to Wii U becuase that is the big release this year (along with this years Call of Duty game) but then it might just be to much of a risk.

Overall he hates Nintendo and wants them dead.

Dear Bob,

A Live Stream generally shows worse quality than it actually is, the Wii U is already proven to be more powerful than the Xbox 360, really.

Cheers,

Whoever wants to sign this.

NSY said:
That means no Star Wars, no Need for Speed, no anything from EA.

But most of all, no sports games, the Wii U will be missing out on the soccer simulator. Nintendo has been attacked by one of the biggest third party developers.

Many developers that work for EA are going to leave having EA as their publishers after seeing this.

Many Nintendo fans hate EA and it's obiovous now, they make good games but think Nintendo fans should not be allowed to play because they have a *bleep*ty taste in games. I hope this guy gets the sack and EA gets someone who likes Wii U.

It was a stupid idea that Disney given EA the rights for Star Wars games, I actually see these rights getting taken away because of what they said.

I don't hate EA but I do hate the fact that they hate Nintendo. I plan to get a Wii U this year, and a PS4 in the future and I'm sure EA are making games there.

They are the only third party that really hates Nintendo. Other companies that don't release games there are just a bit worried that the game might not sell on there. This guy might be the only guy that hates Nintendo but is powerful enough to stop people from releasing their games on Nintendo systems.

He has to have the sack and get replaced, he's made some good games but he hates Nintendo and treats them like Nintendo is for babies. It's not true, Nintendo still has a lot of 12-17 year old fans out there who love Nintendo and their games. Nintendo has Ubisoft, Sega and Activision on their side and still making games for them. I mean I would be nice if GTA5 went to Wii U becuase that is the big release this year (along with this years Call of Duty game) but then it might just be to much of a risk.

Overall he hates Nintendo and wants them dead.

well, he probably is the guy behind the mysims trilogy of evilness, so he doesn't really have the right to call nintendo stuff "crap"

Ness said:

Or rather, an individual EA employee expressed his (crude, tactless) opinion in a space ostensibly meant for doing exactly just that.

Out of all the developments in social networking, Twitter witchunts are by far The Worst Thing.

After reading a very long Comment at Tweakers.net, I started to understand EA's "don't ship anything on Wii U" move.

Original Comment: http://tweakers.net/reacties.dsp?Action=Posting&ParentID=6229186
Translation of these points after this line.

It's actually Nintendo's responsibility to ship a Console which fulfils wishes on the current market. Some points about why I think Nintendo currently goes down the road:
  • The same name with a 'U' added to it, makes sure many parents and casual gamers get confused.
  • The Console has an almost the same design as its predecessor, the target group they have received with the Wii are now looking over it to soon, they don't see a reason to pay 350 Euros for a device that looks the same they already have.
  • Nintendo remains to stay in their comfort zone, New Super Mario Bros. U is not to much different as its predecessor for the Wii. Still fun for some people, but not a game which succeeds it.
  • They have saved up on their graphical functionalities, because they think it's all about Gameplay; understandable, but nobody with an X360/PS3 wants to buy a Console that's graphically the same as whatever they already have for 7 years. I think a Console which renders New Super Mario Bros. U only on 720p is saving up just way to much
  • Render Wii games on 720 or 1080p, it's possible with the Dolphin Emulator, and I can speak for many gamers, it would be a unique key selling point to buy a Wii U.
  • Wii U Gamepad; Motion gaming on the Wii was a success, because nobody has ever done anything with this form of control. Again, they have kept the contrast high (Consoles released before only had Controllers with buttons) and interesting. At the time the Wii was available, there were so many Tablets available, motion gaming was exploited even further, which means the Wii U GamePad offers to less news. The contrast was low because of the other Tablets, and they did the same trick for years on the Nintendo (3)DS.
  • Developing games costs so much money, Publishers don't to take smaller and smaller risks. If you Wii U sells poorly, because the device doesn't match with whatever the market is waiting for, the Platform will become a to risky to develop for.
  • Release a few original or true classics which we didn't see for a long time: Waverace 64 (the successor Blue Storm had five tracks and didn't match in terms of controls), Mario 64 (Mario U seems to become Nintendo's answer), StarFox, or think of another shining spinoff which isn't a simple re-release on a new Platform.
Is this a deathblow of EA, or does Nintendo want that Publishers and other developers take the responsibility for their sloppy market research? I can clearly state that Nintendo can thank themselves for this. Go away with those marketing talks we hear from Reggie Fils-Aime for years, put some real Game Developers on stage which can come with a honest and sincere talk, instead of lots of lies that at some point will fade away as a pudding.

Glowsquid said:
Or rather, an individual EA employee expressed his (crude, tactless) opinion in a space ostensibly meant for doing exactly just that.

Out of all the developments in social networking, Twitter witchunts are by far The Worst Thing.

It doesn't stop the fact that it still reflects bad on the company.

In other news, EA isn't going to publish FIFA 14 for Wii U, citing "poor sales of FIFA 13 on the platform". Honestly, at this point I would like to see Nintendo pull a SEGA and start developing their own awesome sports games, please without gimmicky Mario characters or already existing IPs.

While I believe that the Wii U had a shaky start and quite an unexpected release date and pricing, and that very little games are out for it, I believe we'll start seeing the full potential of the Wii U soon. EA literally lost a lot of its customers from those tweets, and I don't feel bad for them. And I don't understand why they are dissing Nintendo about the 1st party stuff when the purposefully released 3rd party games for the Wii U in the first 6 months and advertised them insanely at E3, showing their hopes to get more 3rd party players to get the Wii U.

One thing Ninendo did great about the Wii U was the easy transition from the Wii to the Wii U, and the savings of less accessories for the system since many previous owners already had all those controllers and such. And I don't see how it'll confuse the Public by calling it Wii U when the Playstation Brand simply go from 1, 2, 3 and Xbox are basically the same.

The Wii U has a lot of things the other companies don't like the fact that their games aren't just rehashes of the same thing, or boring sports games that EA creates. Nintendo actually has games for basically all age groupings and their games are very varied from genre to genre. Their games are also more unique and create worlds Xbox and PS don't. Seriously, they have Portal going for them, but the rest are just more realistic areas while Nintendo explores the fantasy side if things. It's almost as though Nintendo are Romantics and the others are Realists. But when it comes to creativity, Nintendo blows everyone out of the water with the new things they can do.

I don't know why they are mocking Nintendo for not being as advanced as the others since they were basically the first to establish controllers that use motion control/gyro sensing to use in the game, or use 3D efforts, or even bring the handhelds and console gaming together so you can use both at the same time to expand the creativity of the gaming world and get you more involved with the games! I mean, seriously; the PS4 is basically copying the Wii U with their controller and yet being worse with how tiny the screen is.

I don't think that 3rd parties should be way of Nintendo because they do awesome with their 1st parties, but I don't think that they should become like their competitors and just sell mindless games that companies like EA sells. I mean, no offense to sport games, but I get bored of playing those games because its not interesting. We play Mario Party as a family because we have fun together enjoying how well Nintendo makes games for families to bring them together.

If anything, Nintendo does the right thing for video gaming, as they bring families together for a game night, uses their products to ensure that players aren't just holding a controller like the Xbox controller is and actually engaged the player to be physically active and not just being a couch potato. Likewise, Nintendo has more mental-boosting and physical-boosting games like Brain Age and Wii Fit, which really helps keep the players in shape. Nintendo games just has a positive and more user-friendly attitude toward users and really do think about their players and the viewing audience.

Which is more than EA can say, as they were obviously voted worse company in America. I mostly saw the comments as petty and almost envious because of all Nintendo has proven to do.

Please understand that this is my opinion, and may or may not reflect yours. I get my sources from all the things I know about the information I know about the companies and players based on others and what I have researched about it. There are probably things I stated that may or may not true, or may be seen from my perspective and may be false in reality.

While I do agree that Nintendo adds a certain flavor to the mix that isn't as appreciated in other parts of the industry, it's a lie to call them the only ones who still do fantasy and cartoonish games. Angry Birds is probably one of the most popular games in the present, while others Dark Souls do a more stylish kind of fantasy, but it is at its core a fantasy epic.
But here's where I disagree: Nintendo hasn't done anything new with the Wii U, and if it continues this way it might as well get out of the console race, because it's still stuck with outdated views that just don't do anything to actually advance the industry. The Wii U's main draw is a tablet for a controller, while Apple and Google have already made tablets popular and mainstream years ago. HD graphics were something new in 2006, not in 2013. And what else does the Wii U tries to do that's new? Sure, it still uses motion gaming, but Microsoft has them beat in that aspect with the Kinect, a device that does what the Wiimore did but 200% better.
Online gaming, along with an account system and a good digital store, are something you can expect to get in any technological device these days, but Nintendo denies that reality, while not really doing anything to compensate for it.
But, apart from it's lack of bringing anything new to the table, the Wii U is also failing in bringing new and compelling games to the consumer. Ports from years old PS3 and 360 games, along with a soulless Mario sequel, aren't something to brag about, but Nintendo doesn't do anything about it. I'm sure Pikmin 3 will be an amazing game, but apart from that they only have more sequels that, while great games, won't really provide anything that we haven't seen in already existing Nintendo consoles.
Last year I played Journey, it was something amazing that fully used the online and graphical and audio capabilities of the PS3, not to show "realism" or anything, but the fully involve the player and provide an amazing experience with a random stranger, and it's what I would like to see Nintendo do, or what they should do, in order to get the Wii U running: create amazing new games that utilize what you have to it's fullest, but instead we're just getting old experiences that we've already seen.
Right now, Nintendo's console department needs to take a long, hard look at how the 3DS is being such a success: It's full of original games from all sides, while also bringing 3D and social experiences to the table, while the Wii U is literally a better Wii right now.
In other words, while EA's neglect may be a political move, Nintendo also needs to wake the fuck up and start making games, because the Wii U is not an attractive new object like the Wii was, and right now it doesn't have something to pull you in.

I agree. If Nintendo want to pull their butts with the Wii U, they better hope all those games they have mentioned will drive some potential the Wii U has that hasn't been shown yet.

However, I think Nintendo is well in competition with the other companies. Though they may lack in online gaming and trying to advance way ahead of their competitors, they still hold much profit from all their other aspects.

I rather have Nintendo focus more on how we can interact with the game more realistically with nearly combining a handheld and a console into one then try to basically be a social network. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with the store and playing against players via Internet, but I rather use Facebook to talk to people and such for all the online chat stuff.

I forgot to add that I really like Miiverse, I just wish anyone could make an account or that the 3DS version was out sooner.
But what I'm saying is that the online features could be better, like making the friend adding easier, and having the storefront not be just for games, but movies and videos and music.

Nintendo Consoles are basically all about games.
Sales will start rising when more exclusives will come to the Wii U, it's what all Nintendo Handhelds have proven together, the Wii has proven it, GameCube, N64, and what more?
Why should people care to get a Console, which has only 2 Nintendo games, lots of 3rd Parties that were released on the PS3 and Xbox 360 earlier, a Rayman Legends with its 3 delays, and some Indie games a lot of people have never heard of?

At least a new Mario Platformer (like SM64, SMS, SMG, and SMG2), Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and new Zelda is needed to save the Wii U.
When that's done, then start looking for 3rd Parties to work with them.
Nintendo fans are all after Nintendo exclusives, and players of 3rd Party games usually lurk at the PS3 and Xbox 360, which have about the same Graphics as the Wii U, and stronger Online features.

Remember the start the 3DS had?
Lots of 3rd Party games were released, and nobody was interested in the 3DS.
Then they've released some new, exclusive Nintendo titles, and suddenly the 3DS became a huge success.
They have announced a Mario Kart and Smash Bros. for the Wii U, so this plot is happening again, only very late.

I only remenber SSFIV being a good third-party title on the 3DS launch (or PL if you live in Japan), and that was a port, apart from that they were all crappy games. But the 3DS now has good third-party support, not just first-party, see Etrian Odyssey IV, Castlevania, Kingdom Hearts, Bravely Default, Monster Hunter, Metal Gear Solid 3, Project X Zone, Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, among others, while the first-party includes A Link to the Past 2, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, 3D Mario. It's practically a dream console, and that's without including all the DS games you can also play, like 999 or The World Ends With You.
If Nintendo can make a comeback this good with the Wii U, I won't be surprised, but rather hyped as FUCK.

I do kinda like how Nintendo have added Miiverse and TVi.

Although I would like DVD's or Blu Rays to be available.

The new Xbox will be revealed tomorrow and there are chances that you have to be online to play rumours might be true. (and it would be very stupid if it is true)

TVii is actually useless for me, as it still doesn't work in my Region.
Miiverse is a very nice thing, but not really needed.
I barely use it, and why? It has no Desktop nor Mobile Apps.
Look at Twitter, it does almost the same, and it has Desktop Apps and Mobile Apps on almost anything, and it even includes API's to make your own Apps on whatever Platform you want to make for.

I'd be more interested in Miiverse if I could draw, which makes the Service unique.
Again, it's still a nice addition to the Console, but not enough to stabilise its sales.

And Xpike, SSFIV was a success, because of its additional features like StreetPass and 3D, but it bored me after a while.
The rest of your Post re-confirms my statement: No success at Launch, success started when Nintendo released their own games on it, and then more success when 3rd Parties released their games on it.
3rd Party Developers always check where their userbase is first, then they check again if it's worth investing on it, and then they make a game.
Indie Developers have always been living in the shadows on Nintendo platforms, until the Wii U came out, which Nintendo promised to be very Indie-friendly, and look at that! Indies get way easier access to Nintendo's DevKits, and more Indie games have come to the Wii U!
That's what they did right, although Xbox 360 is even more Indie-friendly, Microsoft doesn't seem to take the time to promote Indies, while Nintendo clearly does.

Also, Nintendo needs to get a better marketing team. If I wasn't such a nerd, I honestly would not know the Wii U existed at all, much less that it's the new Nintendo console; everything I looked at focuses on the Gamepad, which makes it seem like an add-on for the already existing Wii. (For anyone saying "But Sony/Microsoft only adds a number to their consoles!" Well, numbers are the easiest way to denote progression, it's simple marketing, so it works to show it's new and the next big thing)

I know there is a Web App, Lakitu, it's just all to limited.
And I agree with Xpike's statement about numbers, they're easy to understand that it's the next Console.
The switch from GameCube to Wii was clear too, as it's a whole new name, but Wii to Wii U is nothing more but confusing to the Mainstream.

Back