EA is the only third party that hates Nintendo

NSY

Celestial Guide
While yes, I do want Nintendo to gain popularity again and yes they are the best at exclusives but it's lacks third party support not because they hate Nintendo or think it's for kids, it's because most of it's fans are in other consoles.

However this is the case for one company, EA, they make good games but they actually try their best to lock away their creations from Nintendo. Let's start with FIFA 13, they downgrade it from the PS360 version when it could hold just as much. Then they decide to not release any of their other titles to Wii U (Battlefeild 4, NHL 14 to name a couple).

Here's the worst part, they release Mass Effect 3 to Wii U just to make themselves look innocent but release the entire trilogy for other consoles right after that. Why the hell did you make that move, you love XBox and Playstation, but just give Nintendo one instalment.?

It's pretty obvious that EA have something against Nintendo because no other game company has done this, if FIFA 14 Wii U is less powerful than PS360, I don't know what to do.

Do you agree or disagree with what I said, if Dis, why?

Not true, there are more Developers/Publishers that don't release much or anything on Nintendo platforms.
It has nothing to do with hate or love, it's more because some companies want to aim specific genres on userbase.

An FPS doesn't sell well on a Wii (not Wii U), even though the Wii Remote is perfect for FPS games.
Why? Because the ones that are likely to buy an FPS are more on a PS3, Xbox 360, or PC, but there aren't much of them on a Mac, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, or PS Vita.

NSY said:
they actually try their best to lock away their creations from Nintendo.

Nah man, that's not quite correct. They try their best to lock away their creations from EVERYONE, including their customers.

Time Turner said:
Microsoft and Sony don't count?

No. Since when are Microsoft and Sony third-party companies?

Well, Microsoft does make Apps for Macs, iOS Devices, and Android Devices, so Microsoft can be 3rd Party sometimes.

Everyone hates EA more than EA hates everyone

Um, no.

1. They don't HATE nintendo, they probably just don't think it's worth the money investing in their platforms
2. Lots of other companies don't offer any games on Nintendo platforms
3. The market for nintendo games is generally very different. Say what you want, you can't deny Nintendo is aimed more towards kids. Why else are most of their exclusives rated E? (Or G in Australia)

I don't really like a lot of EA's games. The only series that I liked are the My Sims games. They are so underrated, I felt that some of them were pretty good. (except for mysims racing and the airplane one)

Beat said:
Whenever I hear EA I just think of their sports games.

Those boring sports games.
I don't play sports games like that and I don't really understand why some people buy every single version in the series. I don't see anything different about them at all. They all are just the sport they are based upon and that's it in my opinion.

Also, who cares if EA hates nintendo? Most of us hate EA. You know about We ♥ Katamari. How about they make a game called We hate EA.

Beat said:
Whenever I hear EA I just think of their sports games.

Those boring sports games.

Boring to you.

I happen to find NASCAR Thunder 2003 to be quite enjoyable, engaging even.

I preferred Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup back in the day.

Purple Yoshi said:
Um, no.

1. They don't HATE nintendo, they probably just don't think it's worth the money investing in their platforms
2. Lots of other companies don't offer any games on Nintendo platforms
3. The market for nintendo games is generally very different. Say what you want, you can't deny Nintendo is aimed more towards kids. Why else are most of their exclusives rated E? (Or G in Australia)
1. They hate them. Crytek team made Crysis 3 for Wii U and it was ready to ship but EA denied it.
2. Ubisoft, Activision, all the other mayor third parties offer games for 3DS or Wii U.
3. What does the rating have to do with that? Just because it doesn't include blood or swears doesn't mean it's aimed for kids, just look at Majora's Mask. The market is definitely there, look at titles like No More Heroes, but using the Wii U sales as proof of anything is bad since it hasn't sold well at all and the install base for anything is quite low.

Purple Yoshi said:

Actually nintendo is aimed to please all audiences, adults, teens and kids. People just say their games are mostly for kids because they don't have gruesome monsters, gore, bullets and swearing. A game does not have to have all of those negative things to be for grown-ups. It's basically a stereotype that's ran by peer pressure that gamers get from other gamers. Mostly older gamers

Of course that's true, but looking at it in a purely business sense, people will see that most of Nintendo's games are appropriate for all audience, and assume "Oh, that means that they generally make games more suitable for kids". After all, EA is a company, not a group of individuals. They WOULD look at the sales for mature games on Wii, see they don't sell as well, and write Nintendo off.

After all, EA is evil, right? That's what I've heard from everyone.

Xpike said:
Purple Yoshi said:
1. They hate them. Crytek team made Crysis 3 for Wii U and it was ready to ship but EA denied it.

please tell me more about ea's new and fascinating business model in which profits take a back seat to ill-defined personal grudges

If I recall, Nintendo did not allow EA to use microtransactions nor use Origin on the Wii U, pissing EA off.

This is what I've heard, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

EDIT: I mean online passes, not microtransactions.

Back