Losing my love for Paper Mario

Does Bowser's Inside Story have stuff you can do outside of story (secret dungeons and stuff). Does it have a lot of good puzzles?

Baby Luigi said:
You shouldn't lose your love over a series just because one game turned out to be the Phantom Menace of the Paper Mario games.
I loved the Phantom Menace (other then jar jar)

Well, generally speaking. I understand why some games and some movies have their own fans: it's not like the objects are ONLY hated.

But, my point is, look how well the general reviews of the Paper Mario games match up with the general reviews with the Star Wars series

Paper Mario - A New Hope
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - The Empire Strikes Back
Super Paper Mario - The Return of the Jedi
Paper Mario: Sticker Star - The Phantom Menace

Hopefully not. I want all Paper Mario games to be good

Just because Sticker Star is god-awful doesn't mean the series is doomed. Hopefully Nintendo and IS will see that barely anyone liked it, decide to bring the series back to its true roots (64 and TTYD), and we'll get something so great it will make everyone forget how bad SS was.

The next RPG after Dream Team should be a game centered around a certain character other than Mario be it protagonist or antagonist I don't mind which.

Hell, the next game anywhere in the Mario series should star someone else other than the Mario Bros.

aregularforumuser said:
...i am probably the only one here who likes sticker star. LET THE HATE COMMENCE!

I like it too...

I mean yes, its a radical change, but at least they tried something different, i like the game and i like to collect the stickers, it grows on me so far that when i saw a sticker I NEED TO COLLECT IT...the game isnt the best paper mario game, but its a good game and had (equip anti-hate armor) the BEST SOUNDTRACK IN THE SERIES.

Many people are saying the series is doomed just because this game, like in Metroid Other M , its just 1 different game, im from the minory that liked this game but all the negative feedback will go to nintendo and the next game will be more PAPER MARIO-ISH, like in Mario Party 9, the game has good minigames but EVERYBODY (but me...kinda) hates the car, and now the next game will more traditional-ish.

Well, I think Sticker Star gets hated because we hadn't seen a traditional Paper Mario RPG since Thousand-Year Door, and by the premier of the game, we were hoping just that. I mean, it looked cool when it was revealed. You fight a Monty Mole boss with a Chain Chomp partner. It looked fine. But things started spiraling down until we finally get a revelation that Miyamoto butchered the game and stripped all the good things about Paper Mario and left us with an ok game with no soul, no story, no charm, which is something not to be expected of the Paper Mario series.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star is by no means an awful game, but it was a disappointing one that could have been so much more. People don't like it because it's different; I even appreciate the bold approach to differentiate the game. But just like Mario Party 9, the new concept is badly executed and thus you get half-botched gameplay that offers less enjoyment than you want.

KingMario128 said:
the BEST SOUNDTRACK IN THE SERIES.
It's the other way around to me. I thought it had the worst soundtrack in the series. Well, at far as the boss themes are concerned at least. Most of them were pretty unmemorable, and some of the ones I actually can recall just weren't all that great.

Baby Luigi said:
Well, I think Sticker Star gets hated because we hadn't seen a traditional Paper Mario RPG since Thousand-Year Door, and by the premier of the game, we were hoping just that. I mean, it looked cool when it was revealed. You fight a Monty Mole boss with a Chain Chomp partner. It looked fine. But things started spiraling down until we finally get a revelation that Miyamoto butchered the game and stripped all the good things about Paper Mario and left us with an ok game with no soul, no story, no charm, which is something not to be expected of the Paper Mario series.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star is by no means an awful game, but it was a disappointing one that could have been so much more. People don't like it because it's different; I even appreciate the bold approach to differentiate the game. But just like Mario Party 9, the new concept is badly executed and thus you get half-botched gameplay that offers less enjoyment than you want.
This. As much as I'd hate to admit it, I do find the game to be at least somewhat enjoyable, but it's nowhere near as good as the three games that came before it.

Solar Blaze said:
KingMario128 said:
It's the other way around to me. I thought it had the worst soundtrack in the series. Well, at far as the boss themes are concerned at least. Most of them were pretty unmemorable, and some of the ones I actually can recall just weren't all that great.

I think that you are right on so many levels.

No offense to the trumpet player, but he was overused way too much, and the music really wasn't music. It was just background sounds.

SPM had the best soundtrack, hands down. Champion of Destruction, Dimentio's theme, even the final boss music (i think it's It's Showtime but I haven't listen to SPM music in a long time) were just all masterpieces and fit perfectly well within the game.

Xerneas said:
Solar Blaze said:
KingMario128 said:

I think that you are right on so many levels.

No offense to the trumpet player, but he was overused way too much, and the music really wasn't music. It was just background sounds.

SPM had the best soundtrack, hands down. Champion of Destruction, Dimentio's theme, even the final boss music (i think it's It's Showtime but I haven't listen to SPM music in a long time) were just all masterpieces and fit perfectly well within the game.

While Sticker Star's soundtrack was mediocre, I still liked the final boss theme, but you're right about SPM's (and TTYD's) soundtrack being better.

The best soundtrack thing is more personal but im going to defend them, the kamek theme and battles theme is sweet, the mario remixes are very jazzy and i like them, the egnimansion was perfect, the "crazy things happens" music remember me to M&L "crazy things happens" music, the battle theme is great, the desert has his touch, the title screen music is melt my ears and the final boss music is amazing.

I think the hate/disappointment make people hate all in this game, and yes all papers has great music, but this one has the most catchy ones.

Solar Blaze said:
KingMario128 said:

For me, it's the opposite. I thought the boss themes, minus Bowser's theme, were the best music in the game. I think the only two level songs I could say that I liked a lot in the game were the Poison Forest one and the Enigmansion, although that was a remix of Ghostly Galaxy. The rest of the level themes were alright to me.

Baby Luigi said:
Well, I think Sticker Star gets hated because we hadn't seen a traditional Paper Mario RPG since Thousand-Year Door, and by the premier of the game, we were hoping just that. I mean, it looked cool when it was revealed.

Hell, the next game anywhere in the Mario series should star someone else other than the Mario Bros.
I probably guess if Nintendo had made it a different game title or just a "spinoff" of Paper games, Sticker Star might be more acceptable. Since the taken parts are what fans love about Paper series, they can't expect that fans would buy such a game fans don't love at all.

The major problem is the status of Sticker Star of the whole Mario series. Paper series is famed for both art design and partner system, and M&L have interersting moments around the bros. If Sticker Star doesn't belong to both sides, I thought the staff just want to make use of the "paper&sticker" thing without making it a sequel to Paper series.

I just hope to see other main characters playable in the next "major" Paper game.

Xerneas said:
The final boss theme was called "The Ultimate Show". "It's Showtime" was the name of Dimentio's regular boss theme.

If they make a Paper Mario U they might as well take advantage of the everything.

Starting with an online minigame where you can play as any fighting character in the game against other people. ;D

Oh yeah, and so sorry to hear sticker star broke your heart

Ghostony said:
If they make a Paper Mario U they might as well take advantage of the everything.

Starting with an online minigame where you can play as any fighting character in the game against other people. ;D

YES. Online Paper Mario battles. Would definitely buy.

Some games don't need multiplayer. Paper Mario is one of them

chillv said:
Does Bowser's Inside Story have stuff you can do outside of story (secret dungeons and stuff). Does it have a lot of good puzzles?
It has virtual jigsaw puzzles, and one where you read the notes to figure out the secret code
All I can think of right now

Back