Losing my love for Paper Mario

I loved Paper Mario ever since the first came out, but when Sticker Star came out, I started to think what made Nintendo forget about the old day Paper Mario 64.

First, they removed partners, friendly enemies (only one is in Sticker Star, which is wiggler), Playing as Peach and interludes, Making Bowser speak, Koopatrols, Clefts, Clubbas, Cooking, Flower Points and other elements because Shigeru didn't want PM Exclusive stuff in the game? What is wrong with that.

Next is enemies, why isn't there any decent enemies like Spiked Goombas or Gloombas? Paper enemies is a bad idea and overrated.

And last, why is everything so concerned about paper (Paper shells, paper walls and that)? I mean that it is a Mario game, but over-using the "PAPER" in "Paper Mario" isn't good.

Nintendo, please bring back these elements.

uh dude.

wrong place to discuss.

besides aren't there some threads about that in marioverse?

You shouldn't lose your love over a series just because one game turned out to be the Phantom Menace of the Paper Mario games.

Are you saying that Phantom Menace is bad.

Come on the first three films were better but why do people hate it so much.

Agree there NSY ROTS is the best. :)

On topic just because one thing happened that is bad dosen't mean the series is doomed. Hopefully Nintendo will listen to the fan critiscism for the next game.

Binarystep said:
Well, the game had a lot less memory, so they couldn't get complex recipes and dialogue and NPCs in.

Exactly why they should have kept it for home consoles only.

Seriously, I rather have it be worthwhile then be some cheap little game. Big reason why I hate DS/3DS games because of how little you can get from it.

And no, if they could remake Zelda OoT on 3DS, they could have expanded PM: SS MUCH, MUCH more.

So yeah, definitely Dialogue and NPCs could easily been put in there. What it was is that Miyamoto wants Mario to have "no plot, just play" for all their games, and because of it, so much potential was taken out of this game that it felt like a beta version of what SS should have been. In the beta elements of this game, they were going to make partners and such, which is just more proof that they could have done A LOT more with this game. But they didn't, and because of it, they just threw a random game together for money.

At least Miyamoto is not making it the law in Mario games.

While he wants all Zelda games to have a decent plot on the other hand.

I can't blame you. Sticker Star sucked very, very badly. Paper Mario must be left for home consoles only.

Now, we DEMAND a decent Paper Mario for Wii U, Nintendo and Intelligent Systems. One that is actually better and more innovative than the masterpiece called Thousand-Year Door.

Binarystep said:
Well, the game had a lot less memory, so they couldn't get complex recipes and dialogue and NPCs in.

The memory argument RARELY works for games that are lacking in quality: most games usually do not even take up most of the memory the console provides. The only exception I know are dual-layered disc games such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Binarystep said:

dunno about recipes, but ever heard of the M&L series? It has plenty of interesting NPC's, villains, dialogue, you name it.

aregularforumuser said:
...i am probably the only one here who likes sticker star. LET THE HATE COMMENCE!

I hate you

Baby Luigi said:
aregularforumuser said:
...i am probably the only one here who likes sticker star. LET THE HATE COMMENCE!

I hate you

i cried a little from the inside. everyone is like "OMG WHOEVER LIKES STICKER STAR IS A COMPLETE RETARD!" seriously, can't someone have their own opinion?

I hate you even if you hate Sticker Star

I have never played paper mario sticker star or any of the paper mario games. In fact, I have never played a mario rpg at all. Therefore, I don't see why it's getting so much negativity. I only didn't buy it because it seemed like a game where you just collect stickers a paste them to gaps in the world. When I looked at the trailer, I said "So this game takes place in a sticker book... (-___-)"

Turbo-Tastic said:
chillv said:
In fact, I have never played a mario rpg at all.
Change that, now.
Okay, which one is interesting and makes you want to explore the whole world just to see what lies ahead.

chillv said:
Turbo-Tastic said:
chillv said:
Change that, now.
Okay, which one is interesting and makes you want to explore the whole world just to see what lies ahead.
I've heard Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door is really good,though my favourite is Mario and Luigi:Bowser's Inside Story.

Diamond Tiara said:
chillv said:
Turbo-Tastic said:
chillv said:
Change that, now.
I've heard Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door is really good,though my favourite is Mario and Luigi:Bowser's Inside Story.

mario&luigi partners in time is good too.

Back