Why Pixar is going downhill

I might skip seeing monster's university, the whole college partying thing in a pixar movie unsettles me.

Ginger princess doesn't want to get married.
Meets witch.
Turns mom into bear.
Shit goes down.
Mom is naked and no longer a bear.
Happy Ending.
El Fin.

I don't think Brave deserved that award, especially when Wreck-it Ralph was its contender

I wouldn't say Cars 2 and Brave were bad, they were just "ok" which is very low compared to the quality of the movies Pixar has made, like the Toy Story trilogy, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, etc. Like someone said up there, Brave looks like a movie made by Dreamworks instead of Pixar. Let me remind you of "A Bug's Life" which everyone seems to forget. It was an "ok" movie (even though it's one of my favorites). The only bad movie made by Pixar is, IN MY OPINION, Wall-E. I fell asleep watching it. It was SO boring.

Oh, and don't mess with Ratatouille. That movie is awesome.

Anser said:
I wouldn't say Cars 2 and Brave were bad, they were just "ok" which is very low compared to the quality of the movies Pixar has made, like the Toy Story trilogy, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, etc. Like someone said up there, Brave looks like a movie made by Dreamworks instead of Pixar. Let me remind you of "A Bug's Life" which everyone seems to forget. It was an "ok" movie (even though it's one of my favorites). The only bad movie made by Pixar is, IN MY OPINION, Wall-E. I fell asleep watching it. It was SO boring.

I love how you emphasize that what you said about Wall-E was your own opinion, but then you talk about A Bugs's Life as if your opinion is a fact.

Time Turner said:
Anser said:

I love how you emphasize that what you said about Wall-E was your own opinion, but then you talk about A Bugs's Life as if your opinion is a fact.

It's not exactly a fact, but it's what is commonly said about that movie. Almost no one mentions it when naming their favorite Pixar movies. To me it was an ok movie, but for some others it may be as good (or even better) than Toy Story 3, or it just may suck.

Anxer, why did you think Wall.E sucked, that was a great film no offence.

NSY said:
Anxer, why did you think Wall.E sucked, that was a great film no offence.

Because he found it boring. He explicitly stated in his post

I strongly disagree with him anyhow

What I don't like about Pixar nowadays is the recent sequels they're spitting out. Monsters University shouldn't really be a prequel either since I thought the ending for the first Monsters Inc. was a great cliffhanger for the second movie. It was touching, but a bit too blunt. I'm going to watch Monsters University, and I hope it won't turn into another Cars 2.

Cars 2 screamed merchandising ploy. It's not a bad movie, but it went far below Pixar's standard, and that lead to disappointment and lower ratings. Unlike other Pixar movies, Cars 2 had a convoluted plot. Unlike other Pixar movies, it is noisy and explosive. Unlike other Pixar movies, many violent actions happen. Unlike other Pixar movies, there is no warmth. Unlike other Pixar movies, I think a lot of jokes are a bit weak.

The worst part of Cars 2 is simply the plot. I didn't remember what the heck was going on; I see cars exploding, cars getting arrested, cars racing, and this and that, and a lot of talking. I think the plot was something about a car getting demonized because of his faulty fuel, but he ends up being the bad guy. Or something. And Mater has to get on a spy mission. Near of the end of the movie, there was a twist, but I never understood it. The bottom line: the plot is awful.

Brave is just a decent movie, but it's probably a bit lower than most Pixar movies. I can agree that it's a lot better than Cars 2. My least favorite parts of the movie were the cliche stereotype of the main character (and I don't even remember her name). Also, the jokes felt a bit weak for me, and men were in stereotypes as well. What I did appreciate was an on-going mother-daughter relationship, which is relatively rare in movies, and I liked the visuals and the magic happening in the movie. I wish the plot was more original, which is a characteristic of most Pixar films.

Anyway, I do not appreciate Pixar making movies into sequels. Finding Dory took me off-guard, and it wasn't a pleasant surprise. I liked to see Finding Nemo as a one-timer movie, since the ending was satisfactory, and I feel making a sequel to that movie just makes me think Pixar is running out of ideas. There are so many sequels nowadays. Some movies do deserve sequels (I sure hope Wreck-it-Ralph gets one because it grasped an original, cool concept that needs further exploring), but Finding Nemo probably doesn't.

That being said, I'm curious about The Good Dinosaur.

Back