SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
Mine was:
250px-Paper_mario_sticker_star_box-art.png

What games did you guys find disappointing?

At the moment I'd have to say Mario Kart 7. It was a good game, but the sheer lack of most of the good things that made up the previous games, plus the choice of retro levels really annoyed me.

Sticker Star, for reasons I've already explained several times so far. I also found Donkey Kong Country Returns to be a disappointment. Don't even get me started on that piece of crap 3DS port they're doing, instead of turning their efforts to something more worthwhile, like a fourth Donkey Kong Land game.

Super Paper Mario was a major letdown after the first two games of the series were wildly successful.

Mario Hoops 3 on 3.

It's just not that good. The controls work fine and the soundtrack's good, but the fact that your teammates just kinda stand there until you pass the ball to them coupled with the cheap computer AI kills the experience for me.

Mario & Sonic At The London Games for the 3DS, mainly because of character restrictions

Fortune Street for only playing as a Mii in single player mode

Mario Kart 7 in general. You can thank lack of VS mode and the coin collection

I haven't played Mario Party 9, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Sticker Star, but the fan's reactions were enough to keep me from buying the games.

Eh... probably NSMB2. Seems too much like an expansion pack rather than an entirely new game.

Disappointing for me would be Sticker Star and slightly Super Mario Galaxy 2 because I felt like that game was just an expansion pack of the first one.

LuckySeven said:
Disappointing for me would be Sticker Star and slightly Super Mario Galaxy 2 because I felt like that game was just an expansion pack of the first one.

Dear god why haven't I mentioned that game in my post?

Super Mario Galaxy 2 was excellent. The first game felt more original and more "OMG ITS MARIO IN SPACE WAHOO THE WII IS AMAZING" but SMG2 was still great. Can't say it was disappointing.

I loved SMG2. The most disappointing game for me is probably Yoshi Touch & Go, I disliked the gameplay.

Ralph said:
Super Paper Mario was a major letdown after the first two games of the series were wildly successful.

You get out of here. SPM had the best plot and most dynamic characters and you have to admit that eventually.

PM:SS, NSMB2, and SMG2 are the ones that come into my mind.

Especially PM:SS. I was going to make a joke about how the title should just be rewritten as Paper Mario: Sticker Star, but then I decided not to.

Of the games that I have played, Mario Party 9 is the most disappointing one that comes to mind.

Sticker Star.
The biggest letdown (or at least for me) was that Bowser was silent during the whole game! He has some of the funniest lines in the entire series, and they muted him! It makes no sense. Also, the plot was far too simpel in this game..

I actually have 2 of them.

First is Mario Kart DS because it was boring to the max. They wasted such great courses on it and I didn't have anyone to play with. I also found it revolved too much around snaking. I would literally fall asleep LOL

Second is Mario Party 7; my main reason for this is Bowser Time. Every 5 turns we have to lose coins/stars over nothing? Oh please. The mini-games were also lacking in both quality and quantity. =P

PrincessOfPeaches said:
Sticker Star.
The biggest letdown (or at least for me) was that Bowser was silent during the whole game! He has some of the funniest lines in the entire series, and they muted him! It makes no sense. Also, the plot was far too simpel in this game..
According to an "Iwata Asks" interview, Miyamoto apparently wasn't satisfied with the way Bowser was portrayed in the past few games, so they just outright removed his personality completely. I mean, seriously. WTF? It's not as if the Paper Mario series is the first to portray him in a comical light; that had been going on for the past sixteen years before Sticker Star was released, starting with Super Mario RPG. Why is it that Miyamoto had a problem with it all of a sudden?

Back